Rose Angeles Lakers

Moderators: loserX, pacers33granger, Texas Chuck, HartfordWhalers, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, Trader_Joe, BullyKing

Who would win?

Lakers by a lot
4
15%
Lakers by a little
4
15%
Tie
5
19%
Pistons by a little
4
15%
Pistons by a lot
9
35%
 
Total votes: 26

kobe_vs_jordan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,400
And1: 2,715
Joined: Jan 07, 2012
Location: Atl
   

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#21 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:21 pm

drosereturn wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:
mademan wrote:This might be lol worthy, but, for defensive purposes, unless the Lakers are getting a big wing back, they cant trade Kuzma. He spares Lebron by being able to guard guys like Kawhi and other big wings while doing a decent job.

The Lakers 1st is probably a better asset for the Pistons anyways. It's cost controlled vs Kuzma needing to be paid next year

Lakers can easily re-sign Markieff to be LeBron's backup. He is better and much tougher defensively than Kuzma.

Hanging on to Kuzma for defensive purpose is so wrong.


This is just crazy. When is kuzma an untouchable they wont even trade for 6moy candidate Rose?
Lakers fans are just butthurt they could sign Rose for life vet min and he now worth at least mle? Defensive 4/5s are littered just pick them up instead of relying on kuz for defense lol.

Which defensive 4/5 you see littered in FA?. Not that easy finding a wing defender.
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,497
And1: 2,079
Joined: Dec 05, 2015

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#22 » by DeathLineup » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:34 pm

kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
drosereturn wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:Lakers can easily re-sign Markieff to be LeBron's backup. He is better and much tougher defensively than Kuzma.

Hanging on to Kuzma for defensive purpose is so wrong.


This is just crazy. When is kuzma an untouchable they wont even trade for 6moy candidate Rose?
Lakers fans are just butthurt they could sign Rose for life vet min and he now worth at least mle? Defensive 4/5s are littered just pick them up instead of relying on kuz for defense lol.

Which defensive 4/5 you see littered in FA?. Not that easy finding a wing defender.

Agreed. It's always tough to acquire a good wing defender. But it's definitely not hard to find a better wing defender than Kuzma. The bar is very low.

It's foolish to say Kuzma is untouchable because of his defense.
#ruinthegame
kobe_vs_jordan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,400
And1: 2,715
Joined: Jan 07, 2012
Location: Atl
   

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#23 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:58 pm

DeathLineup wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
drosereturn wrote:
This is just crazy. When is kuzma an untouchable they wont even trade for 6moy candidate Rose?
Lakers fans are just butthurt they could sign Rose for life vet min and he now worth at least mle? Defensive 4/5s are littered just pick them up instead of relying on kuz for defense lol.

Which defensive 4/5 you see littered in FA?. Not that easy finding a wing defender.

Agreed. It's always tough to acquire a good wing defender. But it's definitely not hard to find a better wing defender than Kuzma. The bar is very low.

It's foolish to say Kuzma is untouchable because of his defense.


Not because of his defense. Because of him and DG only wing defenders with size on roster.

Still trying to find example of the obtainable defenders ? If lakers can’t replace him that makes him untradaable.
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,497
And1: 2,079
Joined: Dec 05, 2015

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#24 » by DeathLineup » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:09 pm

kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:Which defensive 4/5 you see littered in FA?. Not that easy finding a wing defender.

Agreed. It's always tough to acquire a good wing defender. But it's definitely not hard to find a better wing defender than Kuzma. The bar is very low.

It's foolish to say Kuzma is untouchable because of his defense.


Not because of his defense. Because of him and DG only wing defenders with size on roster.

Still trying to find example of the obtainable defenders ? If lakers can’t replace him that makes him untradaable.

Luckily Lakers can just re-sign Markieff. He's definitely a better wing defender than Kuzma.

Then there are some interesting names that sould be interested to go ring chase in LA. Jeff Green, Glenn Robinson III, Garrett Temple, Maurice Harkless, Andre Roberson and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.
#ruinthegame
kobe_vs_jordan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,400
And1: 2,715
Joined: Jan 07, 2012
Location: Atl
   

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#25 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:38 pm

DeathLineup wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:Agreed. It's always tough to acquire a good wing defender. But it's definitely not hard to find a better wing defender than Kuzma. The bar is very low.

It's foolish to say Kuzma is untouchable because of his defense.


Not because of his defense. Because of him and DG only wing defenders with size on roster.

Still trying to find example of the obtainable defenders ? If lakers can’t replace him that makes him untradaable.

Luckily Lakers can just re-sign Markieff. He's definitely a better wing defender than Kuzma.

Then there are some interesting names that sould be interested to go ring chase in LA. Jeff Green, Glenn Robinson III, Garrett Temple, Maurice Harkless, Andre Roberson and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

Lol markieff isn’t far from a wing defender as kuzma if he even better at all. Was torched on any tough assignment all postseason.

And they play different roles. Kuzma is defending 3/4. Kieff more 4/5. There roles don’t over lap. They can play both together off the bench.

Think only player on that list worth something and isn’t a SG is harkless. Likely out of the lakers budget assuming kief gets part of the MLE. The SGs are more DG replacements.


Roberson and MKG shooting would be a liability.
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,497
And1: 2,079
Joined: Dec 05, 2015

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#26 » by DeathLineup » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:47 pm

kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
Not because of his defense. Because of him and DG only wing defenders with size on roster.

Still trying to find example of the obtainable defenders ? If lakers can’t replace him that makes him untradaable.

Luckily Lakers can just re-sign Markieff. He's definitely a better wing defender than Kuzma.

Then there are some interesting names that sould be interested to go ring chase in LA. Jeff Green, Glenn Robinson III, Garrett Temple, Maurice Harkless, Andre Roberson and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

Lol markieff isn’t far from a wing defender as kuzma if he even better at all. Was torched on any tough assignment all postseason.

And they play different roles. Kuzma is defending 3/4. Kieff more 4/5. There roles don’t over lap. They can play both together off the bench.

Think only player on that list worth something and isn’t a SG is harkless. Likely out of the lakers budget assuming kief gets part of the MLE. The SGs are more DG replacements.


Roberson and MKG shooting would be a liability.

I'll say this again. I believe Vogel is a very good coach. He knows what he's doing. So who did he trust to play crunch time minutes this playoffs? Not Kuzma. It's Markieff.
#ruinthegame
kobe_vs_jordan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,400
And1: 2,715
Joined: Jan 07, 2012
Location: Atl
   

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#27 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:28 pm

DeathLineup wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:Luckily Lakers can just re-sign Markieff. He's definitely a better wing defender than Kuzma.

Then there are some interesting names that sould be interested to go ring chase in LA. Jeff Green, Glenn Robinson III, Garrett Temple, Maurice Harkless, Andre Roberson and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

Lol markieff isn’t far from a wing defender as kuzma if he even better at all. Was torched on any tough assignment all postseason.

And they play different roles. Kuzma is defending 3/4. Kieff more 4/5. There roles don’t over lap. They can play both together off the bench.

Think only player on that list worth something and isn’t a SG is harkless. Likely out of the lakers budget assuming kief gets part of the MLE. The SGs are more DG replacements.


Roberson and MKG shooting would be a liability.

I'll say this again. I believe Vogel is a very good coach. He knows what he's doing. So who did he trust to play crunch time minutes this playoffs? Not Kuzma. It's Markieff.

Bc kieff was replacing Howard and McGee on the court ? Or maybe kief hot shooting in the post season ? Kuzma isn’t a small ball 5. I don’t see what one bench player being on the court making the other worth less when they play drastically different roles and position.

Made the same point how Wiggins can be replaced and was told us non gsw didn’t understand his potential On both ends of the court.

Kuzma younger than Wiggins and cheaper. No rush to dump him for Ill fitting parts when he still got potential and a role.
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,497
And1: 2,079
Joined: Dec 05, 2015

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#28 » by DeathLineup » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:17 am

kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:Lol markieff isn’t far from a wing defender as kuzma if he even better at all. Was torched on any tough assignment all postseason.

And they play different roles. Kuzma is defending 3/4. Kieff more 4/5. There roles don’t over lap. They can play both together off the bench.

Think only player on that list worth something and isn’t a SG is harkless. Likely out of the lakers budget assuming kief gets part of the MLE. The SGs are more DG replacements.


Roberson and MKG shooting would be a liability.

I'll say this again. I believe Vogel is a very good coach. He knows what he's doing. So who did he trust to play crunch time minutes this playoffs? Not Kuzma. It's Markieff.

Bc kieff was replacing Howard and McGee on the court ? Or maybe kief hot shooting in the post season ? Kuzma isn’t a small ball 5. I don’t see what one bench player being on the court making the other worth less when they play drastically different roles and position.

Made the same point how Wiggins can be replaced and was told us non gsw didn’t understand his potential On both ends of the court.

Kuzma younger than Wiggins and cheaper. No rush to dump him for Ill fitting parts when he still got potential and a role.

Are you a Lakers fan? I'm starting to question your knowledge about Lakers.

As I asked you before, who played during CRUNCH TIME? Markieff or Kuzma? In crunch time, Lakers obviously always use AD as a center. And you say Markieff was playing small ball center during crunch time? The ****?

If you want to keep Kuzma because you like his potential, I won't argue at all. I can see Kuzma being more consistent as a scorer. But if you say he's a wing defender with size, that's foolish.
#ruinthegame
NoZoLakers
Head Coach
Posts: 7,267
And1: 2,506
Joined: May 20, 2017

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#29 » by NoZoLakers » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:23 am

cook/mcgee/ 2 2nds or la can just wait till rose gets bought out at the deadline
NoZoLakers
Head Coach
Posts: 7,267
And1: 2,506
Joined: May 20, 2017

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#30 » by NoZoLakers » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:24 am

DeathLineup wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:I'll say this again. I believe Vogel is a very good coach. He knows what he's doing. So who did he trust to play crunch time minutes this playoffs? Not Kuzma. It's Markieff.

Bc kieff was replacing Howard and McGee on the court ? Or maybe kief hot shooting in the post season ? Kuzma isn’t a small ball 5. I don’t see what one bench player being on the court making the other worth less when they play drastically different roles and position.

Made the same point how Wiggins can be replaced and was told us non gsw didn’t understand his potential On both ends of the court.

Kuzma younger than Wiggins and cheaper. No rush to dump him for Ill fitting parts when he still got potential and a role.

Are you a Laker fan? I'm starting to question your knowledge about Lakers.

As I asked you before, who played during CRUNCH TIME? Markieff or Kuzma? In crunch time, Lakers obviously always use AD as a center. And you say Markieff was playing small ball center during crunch time? The ****?

If you want to keep Kuzma because you like his potential, I won't argue at all. I can see Kuzma being more consistent as a scorer. But if you say he's a wing defender with size, that's foolish.

kieff was shooting better than Kuz but he wasnt in for D, he was quite terrible defensively
kobe_vs_jordan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,400
And1: 2,715
Joined: Jan 07, 2012
Location: Atl
   

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#31 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:41 am

DeathLineup wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:I'll say this again. I believe Vogel is a very good coach. He knows what he's doing. So who did he trust to play crunch time minutes this playoffs? Not Kuzma. It's Markieff.

Bc kieff was replacing Howard and McGee on the court ? Or maybe kief hot shooting in the post season ? Kuzma isn’t a small ball 5. I don’t see what one bench player being on the court making the other worth less when they play drastically different roles and position.

Made the same point how Wiggins can be replaced and was told us non gsw didn’t understand his potential On both ends of the court.

Kuzma younger than Wiggins and cheaper. No rush to dump him for Ill fitting parts when he still got potential and a role.

Are you a Lakers fan? I'm starting to question your knowledge about Lakers.

As I asked you before, who played during CRUNCH TIME? Markieff or Kuzma? In crunch time, Lakers obviously always use AD as a center. And you say Markieff was playing small ball center during crunch time? The ****?

If you want to keep Kuzma because you like his potential, I won't argue at all. I can see Kuzma being more consistent as a scorer. But if you say he's a wing defender with size, that's foolish.

The guy saying Morris is good at defense on the wing is acting like he has seen more lakers game than me ? Lol stop it. I’m not the one acting like Morris and kuzma play the same roles and position.

People keep saying he is the lakers wing defender with size. Better or worst be going to have to be replaced with somebody better than MKG
Vae Victus
Analyst
Posts: 3,288
And1: 1,313
Joined: Jun 09, 2013

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#32 » by Vae Victus » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:06 am

NoZoLakers wrote:cook/mcgee/ 2 2nds or la can just wait till rose gets bought out at the deadline


Yea pretty much this. OP is a massive overpay, also Quinn Cook has only 1 mil guaranteed, so it saves DET a chunk of cash too, after he gets waived.
User avatar
Pharaoh
RealGM
Posts: 13,085
And1: 3,252
Joined: Aug 10, 2001

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#33 » by Pharaoh » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:29 am

Would prefer #28 to Kuzma.

I'd ask for some cash to help buyout AB.

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Dr Aki
RealGM
Posts: 29,058
And1: 17,646
Joined: Mar 03, 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
   

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#34 » by Dr Aki » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:22 am

Don't like it for the Lakers.

Counter with McGee, Cook and #28, if that
Image
User avatar
Pharaoh
RealGM
Posts: 13,085
And1: 3,252
Joined: Aug 10, 2001

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#35 » by Pharaoh » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:23 am

Dr Aki wrote:Don't like it for the Lakers.

Counter with McGee, Cook and #28, if that
Can you send cash so we can do right by McGee and buy him out?

If yes I'm sold if I was Pistons GM.




Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Dr Aki
RealGM
Posts: 29,058
And1: 17,646
Joined: Mar 03, 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
   

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#36 » by Dr Aki » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:36 am

Pharaoh wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:Don't like it for the Lakers.

Counter with McGee, Cook and #28, if that
Can you send cash so we can do right by McGee and buy him out?

If yes I'm sold if I was Pistons GM.




Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app


sold!
Image
MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 29,691
And1: 16,984
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
       

Re: Rose Angeles Lakers 

Post#37 » by MotownMadness » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:37 pm

Dr Aki wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:Don't like it for the Lakers.

Counter with McGee, Cook and #28, if that
Can you send cash so we can do right by McGee and buy him out?

If yes I'm sold if I was Pistons GM.




Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app


sold!

Yeah I would do that, i just want the 28th pick for Rose. He would be great for a contender but I like him off the bench where he can be more ball dominant but hes good enough that he will probably find his way in with the starters closing games and overlap their talents.

Return to Trades and Transactions