Orl/Por take 2

Moderators: loserX, pacers33granger, Texas Chuck, HartfordWhalers, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, Trader_Joe, BullyKing

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 41,797
And1: 16,333
Joined: Apr 07, 2010
   

Orl/Por take 2 

Post#1 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:27 pm

Continuing the premise that the Isaac injury -- and uncertain home crowds -- is a good enough cause to hit the refresh button, miss the playoffs, and tank for the '21 draft. Assuming that premise, I'm going to post a couple of Orlando threads.


Orlando out/Por in: Aaron Gordon
Orlando in/Por out: #16/Ariza/Little/Hezonja/ Por '22 2nd/Por '26 2nd

(also doable as Ariza/Hood, but Portland fans seem invested in Hood's recovery working so I thought this was better value for them)

Why?
Orlando cashes in value in a down year, for a mid 1st, and a pair of 2nds.

Portland is down a starter. I see Ariza as very likely to have little left whenever we hit the '21 playoffs. So, they need a slot between Lillard/CJ/____ /Collins /Nurk. AG is a 4/3 that could work and support Collins at pf, while maximizing Dame's prime.

I know that #17 for AG gets talked about a lot. But this is #16(!) and 2 2nds.

And yes, this two Orlando/Portland ideas could have been one thread.
Blazinaway
General Manager
Posts: 7,649
And1: 941
Joined: Jan 27, 2009

Re: Orl/Por take 2 

Post#2 » by Blazinaway » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:06 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Continuing the premise that the Isaac injury -- and uncertain home crowds -- is a good enough cause to hit the refresh button, miss the playoffs, and tank for the '21 draft. Assuming that premise, I'm going to post a couple of Orlando threads.


Orlando out/Por in: Aaron Gordon
Orlando in/Por out: #16/Ariza/Little/Hezonja/ Por '22 2nd/Por '26 2nd

(also doable as Ariza/Hood, but Portland fans seem invested in Hood's recovery working so I thought this was better value for them)

Why?
Orlando cashes in value in a down year, for a mid 1st, and a pair of 2nds.

Portland is down a starter. I see Ariza as very likely to have little left whenever we hit the '21 playoffs. So, they need a slot between Lillard/CJ/____ /Collins /Nurk. AG is a 4/3 that could work and support Collins at pf, while maximizing Dame's prime.

I know that #17 for AG gets talked about a lot. But this is #16(!) and 2 2nds.

And yes, this two Orlando/Portland ideas could have been one thread.


I'd do this, question, if Hood was included what other parts change?
User avatar
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 55,824
And1: 46,194
Joined: May 19, 2012
Location: 403 Minutes in the Bay
   

Re: Orl/Por take 2 

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:18 pm

I'd rather have Fournier because I believe him to be the better player, but Gordon fits more their positional needs as it allows Collins into his rightful role of backup center/backup PF if he earns those minutes.

I definitely have Portland overpaying here though. #16/Little/2 2nds feels like a pretty clear overpay.

Again Orlando should do this as fast as humanly possible--and no not because I am a Gordon hater but because this is great value and they should cash out rather than having to pay Isaac as a gamble and then pay Gordon or let him go? Better to trade him with 2 seasons left on his deal.
Winston Peters wrote:Sorry, Sunshine, wrong place.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
Posts: 12,407
And1: 3,545
Joined: Mar 11, 2010

Re: Orl/Por take 2 

Post#4 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:32 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I'd rather have Fournier because I believe him to be the better player, but Gordon fits more their positional needs as it allows Collins into his rightful role of backup center/backup PF if he earns those minutes.

I definitely have Portland overpaying here though. #16/Little/2 2nds feels like a pretty clear overpay.

Again Orlando should do this as fast as humanly possible--and no not because I am a Gordon hater but because this is great value and they should cash out rather than having to pay Isaac as a gamble and then pay Gordon or let him go? Better to trade him with 2 seasons left on his deal.


Agreed pretty much all over. Maybe let us keep Little or send #45 back to Portland, but I think the Blazers would be more open to an AG trade because he fits a clearer need.
JRoy
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,707
And1: 1,014
Joined: Feb 27, 2019

Re: Orl/Por take 2 

Post#5 » by JRoy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:39 pm

I don’t this either but it’s better than the EF trade because AG can at least provide some of what POR needs.
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 37,870
And1: 7,417
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: The 704
   

Re: Orl/Por take 2 

Post#6 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:57 pm

I think this is the trade. I would be a little bit surprised if Gordon didn't end up on Portland or Minnesota for either the 16th or 17th picks and some filler pieces
formerly BizGilwalker
cucad8
Head Coach
Posts: 6,644
And1: 720
Joined: May 27, 2007

Re: Orl/Por take 2 

Post#7 » by cucad8 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:07 pm

Take out Little, 16, Ariza, Hezonjia, one of the 2nds.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 41,797
And1: 16,333
Joined: Apr 07, 2010
   

Re: Orl/Por take 2 

Post#8 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:10 pm

I'm fine taking out Little as long as the salaries work (Hood?)
cucad8
Head Coach
Posts: 6,644
And1: 720
Joined: May 27, 2007

Re: Orl/Por take 2 

Post#9 » by cucad8 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:13 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I'm fine taking out Little as long as the salaries work (Hood?)

Ariza and Hezonjia works with next year's salaries. Would just have to be agreed to on draft night, executed after the moratorium.
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 29,952
And1: 10,827
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: Orl/Por take 2 

Post#10 » by tiderulz » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:28 pm

cucad8 wrote:Take out Little, 16, Ariza, Hezonjia, one of the 2nds.

Orlando isnt going to trade AG for #16, Ariza and Hezonja.
Norm2953
RealGM
Posts: 11,789
And1: 666
Joined: May 17, 2003
Location: Oregon

Re: Orl/Por take 2 

Post#11 » by Norm2953 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:56 pm

Strictly speaking , AG with Portland is a better version of Aminu. Not exactly what they need but at least
a front court player capable of being an NBA starter.

Return to Trades and Transactions