Lac/Chi/Phi: Lou/Sato/#21 (no Orlando)

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,472

Lac/Chi/Phi: Lou/Sato/#21 (no Orlando) 

Post#1 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:55 pm

Following up that Kawhi wants a pg, Lou is pissed, and that Lou can have a big personality...

Lac out: Lou Will
Lac in: Sato

Why? See above. Gets a more pg, who can still play off ball. And balances chemistry hopefully.

Chicago out: Sato
Chicago in: #21, Scott, Zhaire

Why? Ges a 1st. Team seems aware it should rebuild based off the GM hire. And hey, maybe Zhaire amounts to anything? If not, shaves salary and gets a 1st.

Phi out: #21, Scott, Zhaire
Phi in: Lou Will

Why? Team needs offense. Not gonna lie, I like it much better with Sato to Philly. But I post that every few months already, so here is a new spin. Lou sells as the instant offense, local popular guy, who ownership can get a crush on.

Okay, tell me where extra 2nds are needed, or if the LAC noise is just noise, or what.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,333

Re: Lac/Chi/Phi: Lou/Sato/#21 (no Orlando) 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:15 pm

I want to say Lou Williams still has more value than Sato so I would have the extra 2nd going from Chicago to the Clippers.

Really like where all the pieces end up though.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#3 » by drosereturn » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:18 pm

Except lou is toxic and Sato is a model citizen so this is more than worth for Clipps to not get their team blown up.
Hell yeah im a secret clippers fan so I will gladly chip in Gafford for Kawhis sake to replace trez.
I guarantee clippers will be not contenders if they cannot get rid of those 3 by the trade deadline.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#4 » by pipfan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:04 pm

Seems to good to me, as a Bulls fan. I don't think Chi sending the #44 would do it (but I wouldn't send Gafford). Not sure how to balance it
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,902

Post#5 » by ChettheJet » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:50 pm

The Bulls could do the original trade. They get the pick for Satoransky which based on what was expected of him and his performance is a steal. They have no place for Scott to ever get in a game nor Smith who couldn't even get on the 76wer roster, he's not going to play behind Lavine and White, he's a higher paid more hyped Mokoka. I could see the Bulls buying both out because now they probably need to find 2 PGs.
HartfordWhalers

Post#6 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:55 pm

ChettheJet wrote:The Bulls could do the original trade. They get the pick for Satoransky which based on what was expected of him and his performance is a steal. They have no place for Scott to ever get in a game nor Smith who couldn't even get on the 76wer roster, he's not going to play behind Lavine and White, he's a higher paid more hyped Mokoka. I could see the Bulls buying both out because now they probably need to find 2 PGs.

Oh if I were Chicago I would then get cute and do Scott to Utah for Ed Davis and 2m or a 2nd. Then buy out Ed Davis, and have pocketed something small on the exchange.

Zhaire is very raw, but also very young. I would expect nothing from him, but there are a lot worse fliers than him as a 15th man. Like keeping Felicio around; who I would buy out for that second roster spot you want. :)
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#7 » by Vae Victus » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 pm

If i'm Clippers if a SRP is attached to Sato, i'd do it. Sato isnt a true PG, but he prolly will help facilitate more than Lou Will who only has tunnel vision on offense and only passing to Harrell. It really really sucked for the 2nd unit as they couldnt get into any flow due to Lou WIll dominating the ball. Now Sato cant score at a prolific rate as Lou Will, so that SRP is needed to bridge value

A good overall idea.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,289

Post#8 » by Kurt Heimlich » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:27 pm

This looks really solid. A less than material pivot or two perhaps not withstanding this looks like it'd be intriguing for all.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#9 » by Resistance » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:34 pm

Why? See above. Gets a more pg, who can still play off ball. And balances chemistry hopefully.

Why? Ges a 1st. Team seems aware it should rebuild based off the GM hire. And hey, maybe Zhaire amounts to anything? If not, shaves salary and gets a 1st.

Does going to four teams make the trade better or worse?

Clippers
In: Lou Williams
Out: Sato

Chicago
In: Wright, Zhaire, #18,

Philadelphia
In: Lou Wiiliams
Out: Scott, Zhaire, #21

Dallas
In: Scott, #21
Out: Wright, #18

Perhaps a touching rule issue to be fixed, but it shouldn't be too difficult to overcome.

Clippers -- Nothing changed from the OP

Chicago -- Moves up from #21 to #18 by taking Wright

Philadelphia -- Nothing changed from the OP

Dallas -- Moves back a bit in the first round and clears the 2021-22 salary of Wright.
HartfordWhalers

Post#10 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:38 pm

Resistance wrote:

Does going to four teams make the trade better or worse?

Clippers
In: Lou Williams

Chicago
In: Wright, Zhaire, #18,

Philadelphia
In: Lou Wiiliams
Out: Scott, Zhaire, #21

Dallas
In: Scott, #21
Out: Wright, #18

Perhaps a touching rule issue to be fixed, but it shouldn't be too difficult to overcome.

Clippers -- Nothing changed from the OP

Chicago -- Moves up from #21 to #18 by taking Wright

Philadelphia -- Nothing changed from the OP

Dallas -- Moves back a bit in the first round and clears the 2021-22 salary of Wright.

Dallas throws some cash at Chicago, and I think you have made my trade definitively better.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,657

Post#11 » by ejftw » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:41 pm

If the goal is to get a facilitator, then this is far from a deal the Clippers should pursue. Lou's microwave offense is worth more than Sato, straight up.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#12 » by TheNewEra » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:29 am

If LAC is dealing with Chicago we probably want to risk is on Dunn rather than Sato
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#13 » by the_process » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:22 am

I would rather just deal directly with Dallas if I was Philly. Already done the LouWill experience.
HartfordWhalers

Post#14 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:34 am

the_process wrote:I would rather just deal directly with Dallas if I was Philly. Already done the LouWill experience.

Chicago? Or some entirely different deal?
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,725

Post#15 » by HotelVitale » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:41 am

ejftw wrote:If the goal is to get a facilitator, then this is far from a deal the Clippers should pursue. Lou's microwave offense is worth more than Sato, straight up.

Yeah but Lou Will is also going to be 34 next week and might start taking his tumble any moment now. Sato is in full prime and he'll be rock solid for the next 3-4 years at worst. It matters here.

TheNewEra wrote:If LAC is dealing with Chicago we probably want to risk is on Dunn rather than Sato

Nah, pretty sure you want the player who plays a define role well rather than the one who is only possibly a NBA rotation player.
HartfordWhalers

Post#16 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:42 am

HotelVitale wrote:
ejftw wrote:If the goal is to get a facilitator, then this is far from a deal the Clippers should pursue. Lou's microwave offense is worth more than Sato, straight up.

Yeah but Lou Will is also going to be 34 next week and might start taking his tumble any moment now. Sato is in full prime and he'll be rock solid for the next 3-4 years at worst. It matters here.

TheNewEra wrote:If LAC is dealing with Chicago we probably want to risk is on Dunn rather than Sato

Nah, pretty sure you want the player who plays a define role well rather than the one who is only possibly a NBA rotation player.

Even if you have Dunn as good as Sato, I have the fit quite awful. It is like adding a worse offensively Beverly.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#17 » by TheNewEra » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:45 am

HotelVitale wrote:

They had interest all the way up until the deadline and expressed interested during the season to maybe go after in the offseason

Don’t see the clippers going after a major name and I doubt they want any more guards they have to question their defensive effort on
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#18 » by the_process » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:46 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
the_process wrote:I would rather just deal directly with Dallas if I was Philly. Already done the LouWill experience.

Chicago? Or some entirely different deal?

No Chicago either. I like that previous idea of Richardson, Scott, and Smith for Curry, Wright, and 18. Let's just do that, call it set in the backcourt, and focus on dumping Horford.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by drosereturn » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:10 am

Williams is a pure scorer while Sato plays above average defense and is an excellent facilitator that can play 3 positions which is why Chi gave up several 2nd rounders. I dont understand your argument why Lou is a better facilitator than Sato bc Kawhi wants someone like Sato according to the report and they also rebuild their team culture with players not caring about their ego.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by drosereturn » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:14 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:

Even if you have Dunn as good as Sato, I have the fit quite awful. It is like adding a worse offensively Beverly.

Dunn is like a poor man's Smart and LAC probably needs both of them to replace Bev and Lou.
But the problem is Chicago doesnt need troublemakers and need bluechip prospects/picks to give up all defensive 1st type in Dunn (number2 in dbpm, steals) and a swiss army knife thats paid bargain in Sato they dont even cost 20 combined a yr.
Basically, Chicago has all these coveted prime bench players that can play in the finals 20mins but most of them dont even have their own firsts every trade scenario has been tough to the point Chicago will just keep them rather than help Lebron another ring.

Return to Trades and Transactions