[LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier

Moderators: loserX, pacers33granger, Texas Chuck, HartfordWhalers, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, Trader_Joe, BullyKing

User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 19,238
And1: 6,056
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

[LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#1 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:12 pm

Clippers trade: Montrezl Harrell (S+T)
Charlotte trades: Terry Rozier

Why LAC does it: They get a 'point guard' that hits open threes and plays okay defense. It's not a slam dunk, but he'd be a fine rotation player for them.

Why Charlotte does it: Harrell is a better player, he might be a nice compliment to Graham, but at worst he's tradeable for value if it seems he doesn't fit on the team. Rozier has pretty limited value, and I think this is an incredible outcome for Charlotte that is only facilitated by LAC's need for a point guard.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 37,869
And1: 7,417
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: The 704
   

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#2 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:13 pm

last time I posted this, someone pointed out that BYC means that Harrell would have to make something like $25M a year for this to be legal. I wouldn't want to pay Harrell more than we are currently paying Terry, so that's kind of out of the question.
formerly BizGilwalker
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 19,238
And1: 6,056
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#3 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:14 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:last time I posted this, someone pointed out that BYC means that Harrell would have to make something like $25M a year for this to be legal. I wouldn't want to pay Harrell more than we are currently paying Terry, so that's kind of out of the question.


That def. kills it, I was not aware, and that's a good catch.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 19,238
And1: 6,056
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#4 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:14 pm

NVM
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 37,869
And1: 7,417
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: The 704
   

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#5 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:14 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:last time I posted this, someone pointed out that BYC means that Harrell would have to make something like $25M a year for this to be legal. I wouldn't want to pay Harrell more than we are currently paying Terry, so that's kind of out of the question.


That def. kills it, I was not aware, and that's a good catch.

yeah it's a bummer because I do like the idea.
formerly BizGilwalker
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 19,238
And1: 6,056
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:15 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:last time I posted this, someone pointed out that BYC means that Harrell would have to make something like $25M a year for this to be legal. I wouldn't want to pay Harrell more than we are currently paying Terry, so that's kind of out of the question.


That def. kills it, I was not aware, and that's a good catch.

yeah it's a bummer because I do like the idea.


I wonder if Zubac + filler would work, with CHA sending back 2nd(s)?
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
User avatar
Rockazoids
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,265
And1: 762
Joined: Jun 05, 2008
Location: Cincinnati
     

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#7 » by Rockazoids » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:17 pm

If I were the Clipps I would reup Louis Williams before I make this deal.
KEEP YOUR BUTT @ HOME
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 37,869
And1: 7,417
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: The 704
   

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#8 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:21 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
That def. kills it, I was not aware, and that's a good catch.

yeah it's a bummer because I do like the idea.


I wonder if Zubac + filler would work, with CHA sending back 2nd(s)?

could get behind that especially if Zeller is traded. I imagine that involves some combo of LAC's 2021 2nd returned to them, 2021 BRK 2nd, 2022 CHA 2nd, or any of our 2nds beyond 2024?

Forgot to mention, this is all assuming that we don't draft Wiseman or Okongwu, in which case there just isn't a need for Harrell.
formerly BizGilwalker
Godaddycurse
Starter
Posts: 2,205
And1: 1,031
Joined: Nov 13, 2019
 

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#9 » by Godaddycurse » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 pm

you can do harrell (S&T) for 16-18M, then add fillers like green/noah/mann etc
shangrila
General Manager
Posts: 8,938
And1: 2,397
Joined: Dec 21, 2009
Location: Land of Aus
 

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#10 » by shangrila » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 pm

From everything I've read Rozier is more of a 2 than a 1. However the Clippers are actually in need of a 1 and they've already got a small guy who can't run an offence in Beverley, so I'm not sure they'd be all that interested in this.
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 19,238
And1: 6,056
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#11 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:24 pm

shangrila wrote:From everything I've read Rozier is more of a 2 than a 1. However the Clippers are actually in need of a 1 and they've already got a small guy who can't run an offence in Beverley, so I'm not sure they'd be all that interested in this.


That's why I put it in scare quotes. If Kawhi feels like he is a 'point guard,' I think you are good. I'm pretty unconvinced that a ball dominant point guard is a necessity in the modern NBA, or even ideal. It's just less time with the ball in Kawhi/George's hands. Rozier is a good enough volume shooter from three that he should play well off of them.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 19,238
And1: 6,056
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#12 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:25 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:you can do harrell (S&T) for 16-18M, then add fillers like green/noah/mann etc


Can you add other players to a S+T as a part of the outgoing package? I thought you couldn't...
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
shangrila
General Manager
Posts: 8,938
And1: 2,397
Joined: Dec 21, 2009
Location: Land of Aus
 

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#13 » by shangrila » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:28 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
shangrila wrote:From everything I've read Rozier is more of a 2 than a 1. However the Clippers are actually in need of a 1 and they've already got a small guy who can't run an offence in Beverley, so I'm not sure they'd be all that interested in this.


That's why I put it in scare quotes. If Kawhi feels like he is a 'point guard,' I think you are good. I'm pretty unconvinced that a ball dominant point guard is a necessity in the modern NBA, or even ideal. It's just less time with the ball in Kawhi/George's hands. Rozier is a good enough volume shooter from three that he should play well off of them.

As I said, it's just what I've read.

I think everyone, Kawhi included, realises he's not Lebron. He can't run an offence and neither can PG, Beverly or Lou. Whoever they get doesn't need to be ball dominant either, just competent. Someone brought up Tyus Jones, he'd be perfect. Maybe they could swing a deal for his younger brother?
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 37,869
And1: 7,417
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: The 704
   

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#14 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:39 pm

shangrila wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
shangrila wrote:From everything I've read Rozier is more of a 2 than a 1. However the Clippers are actually in need of a 1 and they've already got a small guy who can't run an offence in Beverley, so I'm not sure they'd be all that interested in this.


That's why I put it in scare quotes. If Kawhi feels like he is a 'point guard,' I think you are good. I'm pretty unconvinced that a ball dominant point guard is a necessity in the modern NBA, or even ideal. It's just less time with the ball in Kawhi/George's hands. Rozier is a good enough volume shooter from three that he should play well off of them.

As I said, it's just what I've read.

I think everyone, Kawhi included, realises he's not Lebron. He can't run an offence and neither can PG, Beverly or Lou. Whoever they get doesn't need to be ball dominant either, just competent. Someone brought up Tyus Jones, he'd be perfect. Maybe they could swing a deal for his younger brother?

You're 100% correct. He is a point guard in size only. I haven't seen a guy this bad at facilitating being labeled as a starting point guard in a while. Rozier's fit depends on what they're trying to get out a point guard. He is a near perfect fit if you have ball dominant star(s) that need a C&S guy at the 1. Rozier, for his flaws in other areas, was elite at that this season, with far more defensive attention than he'd face playing next to PG+Kawhi
formerly BizGilwalker
User avatar
MasterIchiro
RealGM
Posts: 14,202
And1: 3,403
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
Location: Intertubes
       

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#15 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:35 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
shangrila wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
That's why I put it in scare quotes. If Kawhi feels like he is a 'point guard,' I think you are good. I'm pretty unconvinced that a ball dominant point guard is a necessity in the modern NBA, or even ideal. It's just less time with the ball in Kawhi/George's hands. Rozier is a good enough volume shooter from three that he should play well off of them.

As I said, it's just what I've read.

I think everyone, Kawhi included, realises he's not Lebron. He can't run an offence and neither can PG, Beverly or Lou. Whoever they get doesn't need to be ball dominant either, just competent. Someone brought up Tyus Jones, he'd be perfect. Maybe they could swing a deal for his younger brother?

You're 100% correct. He is a point guard in size only. I haven't seen a guy this bad at facilitating being labeled as a starting point guard in a while. Rozier's fit depends on what they're trying to get out a point guard. He is a near perfect fit if you have ball dominant star(s) that need a C&S guy at the 1. Rozier, for his flaws in other areas, was elite at that this season, with far more defensive attention than he'd face playing next to PG+Kawhi


I think Rozier being elite catch-and-shoot plus unafraid of the moment would make him a terror with Kawhi and George. It's a small move for the Clippers that could go a long way.

Harrell doesn't work money-wise but I'd be interested in building something around Zubac. Since Zubac is more of a matchup big I'd want Clippers adding picks not the other way around. These elite teams should have to overpay for tipping point assets. And yes, I think the Clippers need someone who moves the needle. Rozier definitely does. He plays to win as well and he's aggressive in late game situations.
It has been written...

Image
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 19,238
And1: 6,056
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#16 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:39 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
shangrila wrote:As I said, it's just what I've read.

I think everyone, Kawhi included, realises he's not Lebron. He can't run an offence and neither can PG, Beverly or Lou. Whoever they get doesn't need to be ball dominant either, just competent. Someone brought up Tyus Jones, he'd be perfect. Maybe they could swing a deal for his younger brother?

You're 100% correct. He is a point guard in size only. I haven't seen a guy this bad at facilitating being labeled as a starting point guard in a while. Rozier's fit depends on what they're trying to get out a point guard. He is a near perfect fit if you have ball dominant star(s) that need a C&S guy at the 1. Rozier, for his flaws in other areas, was elite at that this season, with far more defensive attention than he'd face playing next to PG+Kawhi


I think Rozier being elite catch-and-shoot plus unafraid of the moment would make him a terror with Kawhi and George. It's a small move for the Clippers that could go a long way.

Harrell doesn't work money-wise but I'd be interested in building something around Zubac. Since Zubac is more of a matchup big I'd want Clippers adding picks not the other way around. These elite teams should have to overpay for tipping point assets. And yes, I think the Clippers need someone who moves the needle. Rozier definitely does. He plays to win as well and he's aggressive in late game situations.


The other way around is untenable. Zubac is a reasonable contract, Rozier is overpaid, LAC can easily find another similar caliber player.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 22,167
And1: 6,666
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#17 » by TheNewEra » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:30 am

Would rather let Harrell walk for nothing. Just can’t see the fit
Vae Victus
Analyst
Posts: 3,288
And1: 1,313
Joined: Jun 09, 2013

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#18 » by Vae Victus » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:39 am

If Scary Terry was making less i'd be interested for the Clips, but i feel he's too overpaid and he also carries potential lockerroom chesmistry problems as his exit from BOS was quite ugly.
NoZoLakers
Head Coach
Posts: 7,267
And1: 2,506
Joined: May 20, 2017

Re: [LAC - CHA] Harrell for Rozier 

Post#19 » by NoZoLakers » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:58 am

Rozier is a negative player by advanced stats

Return to Trades and Transactions