Boston/Dallas/Kings/Pistons

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Re: Boston/Dallas/Kings/Pistons 

Post#21 » by patman66 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:28 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Easy pass for Sacramento. #26 doesn't get me to downgrade from Barnes to Powell. I would much rather pay the additional 7 - 11 million dollars per year to actually have Barnes on the court.

No thank you.

Well you also have snell, who is just as productive as Barnes, and you also save 13 mill on Joseph. I don't know why but i thought the kings wanted to move on from Barnes and get out from that 60mill.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#22 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:34 pm

patman66 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Easy pass for Sacramento. #26 doesn't get me to downgrade from Barnes to Powell. I would much rather pay the additional 7 - 11 million dollars per year to actually have Barnes on the court.

No thank you.

Well you also have snell, who is just as productive as Barnes, and you also save 13 mill on Joseph. I don't know why but i thought the kings wanted to move on from Barnes and get out from that 60mill.

In what world is Snell as productive as Barnes? Hes a guy who just had a career year averaging 8ppg for a bad Detroit team. Snell is far more of just a 3&D player where Barnes has other elements to his game.

I'm not opposed to moving Barnes + Bjelica for Hayward + Pick

But I'm not in a rush to move off Barnes 60 mil just to take back Powells 33 million.
patman66
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by patman66 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:37 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
patman66 wrote:
But the way I looked at it, they were dumping 20mill of joseph and Parker both of whom are just as overpaid as Powell. Joseph is 15 mill with the 2 mill option, and parker is over 6. Snell and Barnes are in the same conversation as small forwards. Powell's deal is 33 mill. you take away Parker' 6 mill, it is 27 mil, Joseph deal is a 50% overpay so take away another 8 mill and the kings are paying 19 mill of their cap space for him. He is worth that- about 6 per year.

but on his own, yeah, I would want the dallas 18 or the 26 and 30 to eat him if I was sending back neutral expiring money, but the kings are certainly not.

Kings in Snell, ThJ, Porier and Powell, pick 26 in $45
Kings out Barnes, Joseph, Parker out $42

I have Snell+Poirier and Joseph as a wash. THJ and Barnes as a wash (both are overpaid roleplayers that is close to neutral value). It then becomes Powell and 26 for parker which is not enough imo.

Realistically THJ, Snell, Poirier, Joseph, Parker are all just fodder in this trade that do nothing to move the needle one way or another.

It boils down to Powell + #26 for Barnes. That is not even close for us. The experts keep repeating that the center market continues to slim. No reason to pay big money for a role player when you get similar production for 5 million (Holmes, Dwight, Noel, Wood, Baynes).

Meanwhile a guy like Barnes may be overpaid a few million, but realistically a big wing who plays solid defense and can shoot the 3 ball or post up is going to be worth a premium. Go find a 5 million dollar wing (they don't exist), I can find you 10 centers like that.

would you go Barnes and Bjelica for hayward, 26 + scrubs. You get a huge upgrade at SF next year. Frees you up to take a wing at 12. E[color=#FF0000]dit duh, just saw your post.[/color]
patman66
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by patman66 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:40 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
patman66 wrote:

No thank you.

In what world is Snell as productive as Barnes? Hes a guy who just had a career year averaging 8ppg for a bad Detroit team. Snell is far more of just a 3&D player where Barnes has other elements to his game.

But I'm not in a rush to move off Barnes 60 mil just to take back Powells 33 million.

you look at his efficiency, he does not take as many shots.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#25 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:41 pm

patman66 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
Kings in Snell, ThJ, Porier and Powell, pick 26 in $45
Kings out Barnes, Joseph, Parker out $42

I have Snell+Poirier and Joseph as a wash. THJ and Barnes as a wash (both are overpaid roleplayers that is close to neutral value). It then becomes Powell and 26 for parker which is not enough imo.

Realistically THJ, Snell, Poirier, Joseph, Parker are all just fodder in this trade that do nothing to move the needle one way or another.

It boils down to Powell + #26 for Barnes. That is not even close for us. The experts keep repeating that the center market continues to slim. No reason to pay big money for a role player when you get similar production for 5 million (Holmes, Dwight, Noel, Wood, Baynes).

Meanwhile a guy like Barnes may be overpaid a few million, but realistically a big wing who plays solid defense and can shoot the 3 ball or post up is going to be worth a premium. Go find a 5 million dollar wing (they don't exist), I can find you 10 centers like that.

would you go Barnes and Bjelica for hayward, 26 + scrubs. You get a huge upgrade at SF next year. Frees you up to take a wing at 12.

I would do Barnes and Bjelica for Hayward + 26

That saves the Celtics 5 million and gets them 2 players who don't get hurt and fit right in.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#26 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:44 pm

patman66 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
patman66 wrote:

you look at his efficiency, he does not take as many shots.

Because he has zero ability to create.

On a larger scale its like saying Wood is just as productive as AD just doesn't get used as much. He has a higher FG%, 3pt%, RPM. Obviously neither of these players are on AD level.

The point is that Snell is your bench wing who should play 15-20mpg take a few 3's and play defense. Barnes is good enough to the a starter on a championship team. Imagine putting both players on the Lakers. Barnes is likely their 3rd best player and gets 35mpg. Snell is likely another bench wing and is lucky to step on the floor during the playoffs.
patman66
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by patman66 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:44 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
patman66 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

would you go Barnes and Bjelica for hayward, 26 + scrubs. You get a huge upgrade at SF next year. Frees you up to take a wing at 12.

would do Barnes and Bjelica for Hayward + 26

That saves the Celtics 5 million and gets them 2 players who don't get hurt and fit right in.

we would need the kings to eat Porier and edwards to about 4 mill. The celts would send the cash but we need to save almost ten mil, to get under last years threshold.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#28 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:46 pm

patman66 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
patman66 wrote:

we would need the kings to eat Porier and edwards to about 4 mill. The celts would send the cash but we need to save almost ten mil, to get under last years threshold.

Don't think the Kings can take on that much as we don't have cap space. I'm sure Boston could move those contracts super cheap using future 2nds to a team like Atlanta, Charlotte or Detroit.
patman66
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by patman66 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:11 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
patman66 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Don't think the Kings can take on that much as we don't have cap space. I'm sure Boston could move those contracts super cheap using future 2nds to a team like Atlanta, Charlotte or Detroit.

What would work then is:

Boston out Hayward, Porier, 26, 47
in Barnes, Bjelica, 37, 31

Detroit out Snell
Detroit in Wright, Porier, edwards, Kanter, 5 mill cash, 30

dallas out Wright, 31
in snell

Sac out Barnes, Bjelica, 37
Hayward, 26, 47
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#30 » by DetroitDon15 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:58 pm

I don’t see really the Pistons getting any real value here. This draft is weak. To take on players who have no future with the team or trade value is irresponsible. Just make this a three team deal without Detroit.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#31 » by Laimbeer » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:33 pm

patman66 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
patman66 wrote:
yeah, rose has to stay in the deal for matching, but yeah rose can be sent to another team

He doesn't. Detroit has cap space. Just agree to the deal prior to the draft, but make it official when the new league calendar starts.

yeah, but they are already paying freight on eating Joseph, because dallas did not want his 2 mil option next year coming back to them in another proposed trade. The celts could send the 47th to Dallas to help off set the lost of the 31st.
But Joseph is only worth about 6 mil of his 13 payday. Detroit has to get paid.

Yeah I wouldn't eat that much salary for a couple of minor assets. Just because Detroit has cap doesn't mean it's being handed over without more substantial return.
patman66
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by patman66 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:43 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
patman66 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
He doesn't. Detroit has cap space. Just agree to the deal prior to the draft, but make it official when the new league calendar starts.

yeah, but they are already paying freight on eating Joseph, because dallas did not want his 2 mil option next year coming back to them in another proposed trade. The celts could send the 47th to Dallas to help off set the lost of the 31st.

Yeah I wouldn't eat that much salary for a couple of minor assets. Just because Detroit has cap doesn't mean it's being handed over without more substantial return.

its 4 mill. Kanter and wright are the same 13 as Snell. Porier and edwards are 4 mill and the celts are giving you 5 mill to cut them. The pistons want to trade rose, so wright will get time, you don't have a back up 5 behind wood, so kanter's 5 mill is not unreasonable.
patman66
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by patman66 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:45 pm

DetroitDon15 wrote:I don’t see really the Pistons getting any real value here. This draft is weak. To take on players who have no future with the team or trade value is irresponsible. Just make this a three team deal without Detroit.

You are getting the 30th and 5 mill in cash for an extra 4 mill in cap space.
patman66
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by patman66 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:53 pm

DetroitDon15 wrote:I don’t see really the Pistons getting any real value here. This draft is weak. To take on players who have no future with the team or trade value is irresponsible. Just make this a three team deal without Detroit.

I don't get this draft is weak, I don't see any difference in the guys mocked to go 25-35 this year than any other year. I really think it looks strong in the backcourt late 1st rd.

But yeah, cutting out Detroit is not a problem, just give kanter back to Portland for a fake 2nd and the same to Utah for edwards. This way the kings end up with the 31st and keep thier own 2nd rd pick. Dallas gets Parker as Powell rehabs.

What would work then is:

Boston out Hayward, Porier, 26,
in Barnes, Bjelica,

dallas out Wright, 31
in Parker, Porier,

Sac out Barnes, Bjelica, Parker,
Hayward, Wright, 26, 31
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,493

Post#35 » by jayjaysee » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:03 pm

patman66 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:Instead of Rose+Parker, just send Joseph to Dallas and let us keep 31. We are clearing enough 2021 salary as is.

I would really say just cut the Pistons out completely, so Kings get 30 as well.

Think they’re owed more than they’re getting and Detroit is getting paid (pretty fairly but) for things Dallas/Sacramento do not care about. Don’t know if Kanter is necessary - I think Boston would rather keep him as he is better than WCS.. But don’t think Dallas would care if he was sent our way.

Dallas complains about the 2 mill that will hit their cap next year. this saves tem 18 mil of the 21 cap even if they eat the 2 mill.

I don’t think Dallas should complain about that 2 million in this specific trade. In straight salary dumps, sure.. Stretch it 3 years and not even notice, while keeping 31 for four years (or packaging it/him to get another player)
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#36 » by Laimbeer » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:20 pm

patman66 wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:
patman66 wrote:

its 4 mill. Kanter and wright are the same 13 as Snell. Porier and edwards are 4 mill and the celts are giving you 5 mill to cut them. The pistons want to trade rose, so wright will get time, you don't have a back up 5 behind wood, so kanter's 5 mill is not unreasonable.

Porier and Wright? Guess I'm not sure what the deal is at this point, I missed something.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#37 » by chrbal » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:09 am

Laimbeer wrote:
patman66 wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:

Porier and Wright? Guess I'm not sure what the deal is at this point, I missed something.

Just now realized how wrong I was to what you were referring to.
patman66
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by patman66 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:24 am

chrbal wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:
patman66 wrote:

The original to which I think you’re referring(1st post)
Detroit In, Kanter, Joseph, Edwards, #30,31 in $19 mill
Detroit out Snell, Rose out $20 mill

The update by pat man (2nd page update)
Detroit out Snell

Original trade, I would just prefer to keep Rose if that’s what he gets.

Updated trade makes sense for Detroit.

<chose only to post the Detroit part> easily findable if you want to see overall trade.

I thought the updated one made sense to me but Detroit Don wanted more than the 30th to take in Porier and Edwards even though the celts were paying the 5 mil.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#39 » by chrbal » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:15 am

patman66 wrote:
chrbal wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:

The original to which I think you’re referring(1st post)
Detroit In, Kanter, Joseph, Edwards, #30,31 in $19 mill
Detroit out Snell, Rose out $20 mill

The update by pat man (2nd page update)
Detroit out Snell

Original trade, I would just prefer to keep Rose if that’s what he gets.

Updated trade makes sense for Detroit.

<chose only to post the Detroit part> easily findable if you want to see overall trade.

I thought the updated one made sense to me but Detroit Don wanted more than the 30th to take in Porier and Edwards even though the celts were paying the 5 mil.

I like it . The covid affect, luxury tax and cap rumors have made things a bit more complicated.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#40 » by Pharaoh » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:33 am

I'd do the updated deal.

Essentially Kanter, Wright & 30 for Snell

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

Return to Trades and Transactions