Magic/Suns/Warriors Wiggins Warning Wiggins Warning

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,962

Re: Magic/Suns/Warriors Wiggins Warning Wiggins Warning 

Post#21 » by Ducklett » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:08 pm

If it is true that the cap is going down 10 mil, I don't think the Magic can afford this. I feel like this trade is a situation where if the cap was still shooting up into the stars like it was pre-covid might be fine (you can argue the value I guess) but with the current outlook of cap dropping this year and maybe again next year, you cannot add the league's worst contract for a pick in the late 20s.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,714

Post#22 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:32 pm

Ducklett wrote:If it is true that the cap is going down 10 mil, I don't think the Magic can afford this. I feel like this trade is a situation where if the cap was still shooting up into the stars like it was pre-covid might be fine (you can argue the value I guess) but with the current outlook of cap dropping this year and maybe again next year, you cannot add the league's worst contract for a pick in the late 20s.

They get pick 2. 8-)
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jjohns828
Bench Warmer
And1: 516

Post#23 » by jjohns828 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:46 pm

I get the reasoning behind this trade and don’t really have a problem in terms of value, but at the end of the day I just don’t like any of the top prospects enough to be in favor of this kind of move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#24 » by tiderulz » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:20 pm

jjohns828 wrote:I get the reasoning behind this trade and don’t really have a problem in terms of value, but at the end of the day I just don’t like any of the top prospects enough to be in favor of this kind of move.

so you're happy with another finishing 7/8 place and run out of the playoffs?
jjohns828
Bench Warmer
And1: 516

Post#25 » by jjohns828 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:27 pm

Not at all, just because I don’t think any of the top prospects in this draft are likely to be good enough to make taking on Wiggins worthwhile doesn’t mean I think we should stay on our current low ceiling treadmill.

WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,419

Post#26 » by WillyJakkz » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:08 pm

I don't feel we would have to add #15 and Ross. Switch Ross w/ Aminu and I think we may consider it. Maybe but also Gordon isn't a bad contract so there's another issue with the trade.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#27 » by Skybox » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:12 pm

This trade is well-conceived. Good job.

As an ORL fan, I would suggest what I think is a fair tweak. Substitute Fournier for Ross to GSW- Fournier is better but has a one year opt-in for 17mil...he would contribute very well for GSW and would accept a lesser role than he (rightfully) demands in ORL. ORL keeps Ross and ALSO gets Paschall back as added compensation and to make up the difference in salary. If GSW is happy with Evan, they can likely re-sign him as part of an immediate contending team-if not, they can replace him in a year once they have that "true contender gravity" for UFA's again. TRoss is happy off the bench in ORL and, IMO, wouldn't upset the development of new guys like Evan could.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,444

Post#28 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:37 pm

It's not bad, And I do like Gordon. But in this trade, The suns are moving back 5 spots, AND taking on the greater overall salary. A small modicum of additional compensation coming back to Phoenix should even things out. So maybe the suns/ Magic revised portion looks like:
Oubre/ Jerome/10 for Gordon/45. This would allow Phoenix to still address their backup guard needs at a low cost, Whilst evening out the value a bit more. :nod:

Also, Milwaukee is obviously looking to unload Bledsoe. Would you guys have any interest in him in a 3 way trade. Wherein you guys get Bledsoe and assets, And we take back Gordon?

Phoenix/ Milwaukee/ Orlando
https://tradenba.com/trades/0sqkZhYda
- Orlando gets Bledsoe/ Bender ( take a chance on)/ 10th pick.
- Milwaukee gets Oubre/ Kaminsky ( Floor spacing backup big).
Phoenix gets Gordon/ 15th /24th picks.
If Phoenix needs to, We can take back a bit more salary for either team? :dontknow:
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,963

Post#29 » by wolves_89 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:34 am

Since I believe that Wiggins+#2 is neutral trade value at best, this seems like way too good a deal for GS and poor value for ORL. With that said, I could see it happening if the Magic decide to try to bottom out next season and go for a top 5 pick in the 2021 draft.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#30 » by PharmD » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:20 am

Good trade.

Return to Trades and Transactions