[OKC—PHI—GSW] Wiggin' out + tankin' for Cade + Doc & Paul reunion!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

[OKC—PHI—GSW] Wiggin' out + tankin' for Cade + Doc & Paul reunion! 

Post#1 » by getrichordie » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:35 pm

thunder out — chris paul + dennis schroder + mike muscala + abdel nader
thunder in — andrew wiggins + al horford + zhaire smith + #21 + #34 + #49 + 2021 MIN 1st + 2022 GSW 1st (top-10 protected) + 2022 PHI 1st + 2022 MIN 2nd + 2024 PHI 1st (top-10 protected)

sixers out — al horford + mike scott + furkan korkmaz + zhaire smith + #21 + #34 + 2022 PHI 1st + 2024 PHI 1st (top-10 protected)
sixers in — chris paul + kevon looney + mike muscala

warriors out — andrew wiggins + kevon looney + 2021 MIN 1st + 2021 MIN 2nd + 2022 GSW 1st (top-10 protected)
warriors in — dennis schroder + furkan korkmaz + abdel nader + mike scott

OKC takes on long-term salary in the form of Wiggins and Horford, but gets major draft compensation while they tank.

PHI and Doc get a floor general in Paul and move off Horford's contract to help move things in the right direction.

GSW keeps this year's pick and improve their guard rotation and perimeter shooting and overall depth while staying flexible for 2021 FA.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,244

Re: [OKC—PHI—GSW] Wiggin' out + tankin' for Cade + Doc & Paul reunion! 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:53 pm

I just don't think CP3 has anywhere near this type of value in real life. I know there are posters that do. I know OKC wants the best return they can get. But he's still a 35-year old PG, with a considerable injury history, who is owed almost $85M over the next two years. The cap obligation alone is going to limit his market to a handful of teams.

I don't see the Warriors adding Looney to any deal that doesn't return a superstar. He's a solid young player, they need him and he's cheap. Nothing they're getting back in this package, outside of dumping Wiggins, fills a real need for them. They have a hole at both center and no SF after this trade, they're a win-now team, and the clock is running.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:58 pm

I think that each of the sixers and warriors are giving up one 1st too many but otherwise I get the logic of the general construct. The warriors will desperately need wing depth though after this so that aspect probably needs to be worked out before they agree to something like this. I assume Wiseman is taken at 2 for C depth.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#4 » by getrichordie » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:16 am

jbk1234 wrote:I just don't think CP3 has anywhere near this type of value in real life. I know there are posters that do. I know OKC wants the best return they can get. But he's still a 35-year old PG, with a considerable injury history, who is owed almost $85M over the next two years. The cap obligation alone is going to limit his market to a handful of teams.

I don't see the Warriors adding Looney to any deal that doesn't return a superstar. He's a solid young player, they need him and he's cheap. Nothing they're getting back in this package, outside of dumping Wiggins, fills a real need for them. They have a hole at both center and no SF after this trade, they're a win-now team, and the clock is running.

I'm no trade guru, but I've heard a few guys mention that if Paul goes to Philadelphia with Horford coming back, then PHI should owe 2 firsts to start with plus. I don't know how much that plus should be, but I thought a couple of seconds + Smith and the expiring Korkmaz and Scott would be acceptable.

I do agree that Paul's value is lower than what is perceived on this board, but I've just been trying to go with the flow of what a lot of posters are saying on this board since I'm not extremely confident in my valuations on these things.

VCfor3 wrote:I think that each of the sixers and warriors are giving up one 1st too many but otherwise I get the logic of the general construct. The warriors will desperately need wing depth though after this so that aspect probably needs to be worked out before they agree to something like this. I assume Wiseman is taken at 2 for C depth.

Your assumption is correct. Wiseman should be taken and made the starting 5 for the dubs in this scenario. My thought process was on this was that Schroder + Korkmaz would be more desirable than Wiggins given the amount of $ Wiggins is owed and the fact that it keeps them flexible to add another star in 2021 FA.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,601

Post#5 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:18 am

getrichordie wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I just don't think CP3 has anywhere near this type of value in real life. I know there are posters that do. I know OKC wants the best return they can get. But he's still a 35-year old PG, with a considerable injury history, who is owed almost $85M over the next two years. The cap obligation alone is going to limit his market to a handful of teams.

I'm no trade guru, but I've heard a few guys mention that if Paul goes to Philadelphia with Horford coming back, then PHI should owe 2 firsts to start with plus. I don't know how much that plus should be, but I thought a couple of seconds + Smith and the expiring Korkmaz and Scott would be acceptable.

I do agree that Paul's value is lower than what is perceived on this board, but I've just been trying to go with the flow of what a lot of posters are saying on this board since I'm not extremely confident in my valuations on these things.

I see 3 1sts in your trade from Philly.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,090

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:20 am

Looney is likely going to be salary dumped. They can get a min contract center who is more dependable. That trade is a huge bargain for the Warriors who save a ton of money and upgrade on the court. Now they can use TPE's to add more talent.

Paul is worth this, though they should keep Kormaz who they could use and not take on Looney's money.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,763

Post#7 » by the_process » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:30 am

I find this to be a huge over valuation of CP3.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#8 » by getrichordie » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:38 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Looney is likely going to be salary dumped. They can get a min contract center who is more dependable. That trade is a huge bargain for the Warriors who save a ton of money and upgrade on the court. Now they can use TPE's to add more talent.

Paul is worth this, though they should keep Kormaz who they could use and not take on Looney's money.

Let's say we let Philly keep Korkmaz in this trade. How do we get a serviceable wing to Golden State? Use TPEs? Vet mins?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#9 » by getrichordie » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:41 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

I see 3 1sts in your trade from Philly.

Fair enough. My thinking is that 21 isn't really a great pick but it's nice to have. The 2022 pick is likely a 20s pick as well and you could argue that odds are that the 2024 pick is closer to the 20s than it is in the teens or anything, so I feel like it's pretty fair value for OKC taking on Horford's contract AND Philly getting Paul.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,081

Post#10 » by sonictecture » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:24 am

OKC shouldn’t have to take all of this long term salary on to shed productive players. The incentive of late round picks is lessened by the number of picks OKC already has.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#11 » by killmongrel » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:40 am

Warriors easily say no to this.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#12 » by getrichordie » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:22 am

sonictecture wrote:OKC shouldn’t have to take all of this long term salary on to shed productive players. The incentive of late round picks is lessened by the number of picks OKC already has.

Help me understand this line of thinking.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#13 » by Coxy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:28 am

Hahaha this is BRUTAL for Golden State, and one of the worst trade ideas involving the team I've seen on this board for some time. Complete garbage return for Golden State, remove.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,601

Post#14 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:16 pm

So, all in this trade is OKC getting 5 1sts and 2 high 2nds.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 539

Post#15 » by PhillyNj » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:53 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:So, all in this trade is OKC getting 5 1sts and 2 high 2nds.

Phillies not giving up 3 first end of story.
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Post#16 » by patman66 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:10 pm

I have Chris Paul worth a late 1st and Horford needing two 1sts to dump with neutral value coming back. Philly should not have to give korkmaz or the 34th.

I think dumping Wiggins and not giving the 2nd is outstanding for GS as they pick up a useful piece in Schroder for a deadline deal
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#17 » by getrichordie » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:10 pm

patman66 wrote:I have Chris Paul worth a late 1st and Horford needing two 1sts to dump with neutral value coming back. Philly should not have to give korkmaz or the 34th.

I think dumping Wiggins and not giving the 2nd is outstanding for GS as they pick up a useful piece in Schroder for a deadline deal

Thanks for the feedback.

What about PHI keeping 34 out of it and OKC sends 53 and GSW sends some cash to help facilitate Korkmaz to GSW?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#18 » by getrichordie » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:10 pm

Coxy wrote:Hahaha this is BRUTAL for Golden State, and one of the worst trade ideas involving the team I've seen on this board for some time. Complete garbage return for Golden State, remove.

Thanks for constructive feedback.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Nate the Great
Pro Prospect
And1: 380

Post#19 » by Nate the Great » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:48 pm

So the Warriors trade a starter, a useful bench player and three draft picks for four bench players? Who is their starting small forward in this scenario?

Black Lives Matter
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,018

Post#20 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:55 pm

I give up. WE DON'T WANT TO DUMP WIGGINS!!!

We get thrown into every trade in order to harvest Wiggins AND our drafts picks with a bunch of scraps in return and we're told to be happy with it.

You want Wiggins? Give us a better starting SF. Those are our terms. Nothing else will do.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.

Return to Trades and Transactions