IND/GS/LAC: PG for Oladipo/Sabonis 2: Electric Boogaloo

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who agrees

Nobody
33%
IND
33%
GS
No votes
LAC
No votes
IND, GS
No votes
IND, LAC
No votes
GS, LAC
33%
Everyone!
No votes

Total votes: 3

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

IND/GS/LAC: PG for Oladipo/Sabonis 2: Electric Boogaloo 

Post#1 » by HornetJail » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:12 pm

Indiana trades Sabonis, Oladipo
Indiana receives Wiggins, #2, 2021 MIN 1st, 2022 GS 1st unprotected, swap rights for 2023 GS 1st

Pacers get some picks and start a retool. With talk of Dipo moving on, and Indy maybe having to pick one of Turner/Sabonis at some point, they get a lot of assets to work with for the future. This could just as easily work with Myles Turner in there if Indy and LAC preferred that option (I think they both might prefer that, but that makes the title of this post less fun).

Golden State trades Wiggins, #2, 2021 MIN 1st, 2022 GS 1st unprotected, swap rights for 2023 GS 1st
Golden State receives Paul George

I honestly can't think of a better fit for PG and GS- a star wing that can guard multiple positions really well, hit the outside shot, and has plenty of experience going head to head with LeBron. PG gets to stay in California, play on a contender, and doesn't have to be the #1- I don't know what more either side could possibly want.

LA Clippers trades Paul George
LA Clippers receives Sabonis, Oladipo

The Clippers gamble on VO regaining his previous form (or something resembling it), and a major post presence in place of Harrell who they can S&T away without worrying about being too thin up front. As I said in the Indy part, maybe this works better with Turner? I'm not sure.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,126

Re: IND/GS/LAC: PG for Oladipo/Sabonis 2: Electric Boogaloo 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:24 pm

I don't hate it from the Pacers and Warriors side, but I suspect the Clippers pass. That's just too much risk when it comes to Dipo's health and future performance. Also, there's a non-zero chance that the Clippers and Warriors meet up in the post season so I'm not sure they want to help GS plug holes.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#3 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:29 pm

I admire the cyclical nature of this trade, bringing the original PG13 deal full circle. The value is pretty solid for the Clippers, but I think that the Clippers probably have to make additional tweaks after this and would probably have to operate from a relative point of weakness while trading. Sabonis and Zubac have a fair amount of overlap and I think over the course of a full season, the presence of Sabonis probably hurts Zubac's value on the trade market, so I think they'd probably have to start making moves right away after making this trade.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#4 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:55 pm

If I think I could get the 2 for Turner, I’d think I could get more for Oladipo than having to eat Wiggins, the Minnesota pick, and future Warriors draft consideration after they've added Paul George as the perfect 3/4 for their roster. How valuable are those pick/pick swaps?

I get the beauty in turning things full circle, but I think this either values Wiggins as a positive, or ignores what the Warriors future picks are worth if they add a PG13 to their core. Even with his playoff issues, he’d be the 3rd option at best for GS, and maybe 4th. He could just play defense there.
I’d have to say that playing Wiggins over $30m per year to be a negative player is simply something the Pacers are least likely in the league to do.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#5 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:08 pm

At first glance this looks like pretty good value. But then you look and see Wiggins who I value as pile of hot garbage. The #2 pick is a huge risk for any team in this draft, it might get you a good player it might be a bust as this draft looks pretty iffy to me. The Minn pick in 2021 might be a great pick or could be #10-14. Then the GSW picks are likely late with that line up. I know what I have in Domas Sabonis and I think I know what I have with Victor. I keep saying this, I expect he stays with Indiana at least to mid season because his value is low right now.

To get me to take Wiggins I'm gonna want 2 #1 picks if I'm giving back a worthless expiring so I don't think the W's trade him this year. They're gonna try to rehab him, but if he doesn't he's not as negative in off season 21 as he is now. They'll use their two high picks and hope for the best then dump Wiggins in the Summer of 22.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#6 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:08 pm

GS trades way too much.

Clippers gets way too much.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#7 » by pacers33granger » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:15 pm

Value is alright, but I highly doubt Indy makes any deals for picks, much less one with their lone all star whose locked up. Would be odd to take the controversial Vic/Domas deal for PG and then when it turns out well go and trade the package for draft picks (though tbf the picks offered for PG were all garbage).
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#8 » by TheNewEra » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:51 pm

Clippers would pass. Would think the clips would want Turner for lesser value deal

Return to Trades and Transactions