Free Agency, Rumors, Thoughts in General 2.0

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Re: Free Agency, Rumors, Thoughts in General 2.0 

Post#1101 » by Mike lorenzo » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:21 am

My guess is he'll go to the Knicks ... maybe alongside Oladipo and / or Tucker ...? Thibodeau gathers a group of veterans, to teach the youngsters to compete.
Oladipo / Tucker / Cousins ​​Knicks.
Rivers 76ers.
T. Bradley / Knox / Ntilikina + Future first protected Houston
1+1=11
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,699

Post#1102 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:11 am

Boogie will be a Clipper you have to think. Don't see how he can take those shots at Harden just to run join him.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#1103 » by bondom34 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:16 am

He's fallen off pretty hard from what it seems. Don't think he's really solving issues for anyone, but from reading seems he was a good locker room guy and well liked. Hope the best for him, even if it's just to a younger team as a vet.

https://theathletic.com/2399249/2021/02/20/boogie-down-why-demarcus-cousins-failed-in-houston-and-where-the-rockets-go-next/

First-year head coach Stephen Silas liked having Cousins around. He routinely praised his intangibles and recognized the offensive potential that even a diminished Cousins could bring to his roster. The big man was popular in the locker room, and a bevy of young players turned to Cousins for advice, perhaps none more than Jae’Sean Tate. But Silas understood it was always going to be an uphill battle keeping the Rockets viable defensively with Cousins on the floor.

Then there’s the other end of the floor. Per tracking data via NBA.com, opponents were shooting a whopping 63.4 percent on shots 6 feet or closer defended by Cousins. Playing in a drop coverage scheme also didn’t help him, often putting Cousins in uncomfortable positions and exposing his lack of athleticism. (It’s unfortunate Ray Spalding, the young center signed on a two-way this week before being waived, injured his Achilles; he had shown more promise as a rim protector than Cousins did in the few minutes he was on the floor.)
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,833

Post#1104 » by ejftw » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:25 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Boogie will be a Clipper you have to think. Don't see how he can take those shots at Harden just to run join him.

With Ibaka/Zu set to be the primary C and Patterson/Kabengele/Oturu available in spot minutes, I can't see the Clippers utilize their last playoff spot on a C when they might want to shore up another ball handler. Although, Jackson's play as of late has been spectacular and keeping Cousins from the Lakers, Nets and other potential contenders would be nice, so I wouldn't be mad.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Post#1105 » by zimpy27 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:53 am

I could see him on the Bucks
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Post#1106 » by zimpy27 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:54 am

What are the potential buyout candidates for each team? Is there a list on here somewhere?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Texas Chuck

Post#1107 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:39 pm

so reports out that Dallas tested the market on KP. With GSW specifically mentioned. I feel less bad for the time I've spent exploring dealing him here.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,032

Post#1108 » by daoneandonly » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:54 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:so reports out that Dallas tested the market on KP. With GSW specifically mentioned. I feel less bad for the time I've spent exploring dealing him here.

I wonder who exactly they asked GSW about? Green? Wiggins with Wiseman or the Minny pick? Doubt the Warriors would be interested in any of that, but still intrigued. if nothing else, it shows they recognize he may not be a long term solution.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,734

Post#1109 » by gswhoops » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:58 pm

Per the above:

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#1110 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:04 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:so reports out that Dallas tested the market on KP. With GSW specifically mentioned. I feel less bad for the time I've spent exploring dealing him here.

Yeah, but it’s Ian Begley reporting it, though, and he’s been putting a TON of loosely substantiated rumors out there the last year or two. He’s truly a repeater of whatever an agent will tell him. He put out a TON of stuff regarding Oladipo from Vic’s agent.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Free Agency, Rumors, Thoughts in General 2.0 

Post#1111 » by gswhoops » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:06 pm

daoneandonly wrote:

I wonder who exactly they asked GSW about? Green? Wiggins with Wiseman or the Minny pick? Doubt the Warriors would be interested in any of that, but still intrigued. if nothing else, it shows they recognize he may not be a long term solution.

Oubre/Wiseman plus any min salary filler works $ wise. That’s my guess.
Texas Chuck

Post#1112 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:08 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:

Yeah, but it’s Ian Begley reporting it, though, and he’s been putting a TON of loosely substantiated rumors out there the last year or two. He’s truly a repeater of whatever an agent will tell him. He put out a TON of stuff regarding Oladipo from Vic’s agent.

The GSW part makes little sense because it pretty much means Dallas has to take back Wiggins(or find a 3rd team), but testing the market on KP makes sense to me---of course this may simply be my confirmation bias at play since I've been exploring this myself for awhile.

Cuban denying it through Townsend which doesn't really mean anything either.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1113 » by gswhoops » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:14 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

The GSW part makes little sense because it pretty much means Dallas has to take back Wiggins(or find a 3rd team), but testing the market on KP makes sense to me---of course this may simply be my confirmation bias at play since I've been exploring this myself for awhile.

Cuban denying it through Townsend which doesn't really mean anything either.

Yeah GSW is an odd dance partner because there's really only three ways to make the $ work:

-Draymond (not happening)
-Wiggins
-Oubre/Wiseman (possible, but highly unlikely Zinger fetches expiring + Wiseman without substantial extra coming back to GS. Plus beyond obscene luxury tax)
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,032

Post#1114 » by daoneandonly » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:14 pm

gswhoops wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Id be open to it as a Mavs fan for Wiseman. But would GSW take that of financial risk? I mean Green can cover a lot of KP's flaws, so that part makes sense, but thats a lot of money.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1115 » by gswhoops » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:15 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
gswhoops wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Id be open to it as a Mavs fan for Wiseman. But would GSW take that of financial risk? I mean Green can cover a lot of KP's flaws, so that part makes sense, but thats a lot of money.

To be clear, I don't think GS would seriously consider that. That's just my guess as to what Dallas offered.
Texas Chuck

Post#1116 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:25 pm

gswhoops wrote:-Oubre/Wiseman (possible, but highly unlikely Zinger fetches expiring + Wiseman without substantial extra coming back to GS. Plus beyond obscene luxury tax)

Yeah that feels like too much for KP and Dallas doesn't have much to incentivize GSW. I mean they could get Brunson/DFS there which would give the Warriors a cheap quality backup PG and a cheap stopgap starting SF to move to the bench next year when Klay returns. So those are useful players, but they don't close the value gap. Green likely holds little interest since he's not ready to contribute and I don't know that a distant pick holds any appeal.

And I agree, that's probably the package Dallas had in mind, but doesn't feel realistic at all. Getting a 3rd team involved so Dallas doesn't take back Wiggins just also would remove any incentive Dallas could hope to get so what's the point?

I think there is probably still a team that would take him, but Dallas has to accept eating some bad money to get any kind of asset or basically accept just salary dumping him and hey we took a big swing that whiffed and let's cut bait in time to use pre-Luka max cap space.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#1117 » by queridiculo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:41 pm

cl2117 wrote:Probably water under the bridge when it comes to ring chasing.

I think LAL or LAC or GSW would all be options too.

I kinda like him for BKN best though. They are so good offensively they can tell him to not shoot the ball under any circumstances. Just rebound and play some defense. Might be the best thing for him at this stage.

The first part sure, but he was not ever that guy you'd look to for defense.

Sad to say, be Cousins might wash out of the league as early as next year or the season after that.

I just don't see there being a market for a big like him going forward.
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Post#1118 » by BowlRips » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:30 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:

Begley is a pretty respectable reporter.
Texas Chuck

Post#1119 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:35 pm

BowlRips wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Be that as it may, the fact that he's a New York guy means there will naturally be some skepticism regarding anything KP related. I don't doubt the heart of the reporting, but you know as well as I do how well anti-KP stuff plays with Knicks fans. It's red meat.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#1120 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:49 pm

BowlRips wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

He might be locally, and on his day to day work. But he’s published a lot of out there stuff that’s been grabbed nationally that has pretty clearly come from either an agent trying to work him to their benefit or from Leon Rose. I’m willing to ignore or overlook most of what he publishes in terms of national moves, or accept it merely as an agent working back channels.

Return to Trades and Transactions