Offers for Andre Drummond?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,927

Offers for Andre Drummond? 

Post#1 » by tundraknight » Fri Jan 1, 2021 2:32 am

$28.7M Expiring Contract.

Currently the best rebounder in the NBA.

2020-21 SEASON STATS

PPG - 19.8 (Tied-37th)

RPG - 15.3 (1st)

APG - 3.5 (Tied-66th)

PER 23.49 (33rd)
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,750

Re: Offers for Andre Drummond? 

Post#2 » by gswhoops » Fri Jan 1, 2021 2:33 am

If you’re expecting offers based on his 20-21 stats through five games, prepare to be disappointed.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,828

Post#3 » by psman2 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 2:42 am

What about his TS%.480?

I think a few teams would be interested but matching salary is always going to be the hard part.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#4 » by loserX » Fri Jan 1, 2021 2:44 am

gswhoops wrote:If you’re expecting offers based on his 20-21 stats through five games, prepare to be disappointed.

To be fair he was the league's best rebounder last year too.

Charlotte and the Clippers could both use him, but the problem is matching his salary. Hornets could trade Zeller (injured) and Rozier, but Cleveland may not want to take on Rozier's salary next year without compensation and I don't know that Charlotte would give it.
Couch Potato
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#5 » by Couch Potato » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:08 am

loserX wrote:
gswhoops wrote:If you’re expecting offers based on his 20-21 stats through five games, prepare to be disappointed.

Charlotte and the Clippers could both use him, but the problem is matching his salary. Hornets could trade Zeller (injured) and Rozier, but Cleveland may not want to take on Rozier's salary next year without compensation and I don't know that Charlotte would give it.

Hornets did state early last year before eliminated from playoffs they had interests in Drummond. So what ever that's worth.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,229

Post#6 » by BBallFreak » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:09 am

I would be interested in seeing him in Miami next to Bam. Iggy and Olynyk though would be my max offer...
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,750

Post#7 » by gswhoops » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:10 am

loserX wrote:

Yeah, he’s always been a very good rebounder. He’s just not a particularly good defender and he doesn’t have much offensive game, so I wouldn’t expect much for him unless you’re willing to take on bad money for his expiring deal.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,099

Post#8 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:12 am

Couch Potato wrote:
loserX wrote:

Hornets did state early last year before eliminated from playoffs they had interests in Drummond. So what ever that's worth.

Zeller, Monk, Biz for Drummond, Maker works salary wise I think. Might be off by 100k
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#9 » by Resistance » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:23 am

Drummond

February 6, 2020: Traded by the Detroit Pistons to the Cleveland Cavaliers for John Henson, Brandon Knight and a 2023 2nd round draft pick. (2023 second-round pick is the least favorable of CLE's and GSW's 2023 second-round picks)

Cleveland gave very little to get him from Detroit, so I don't have Cleveland getting much for him either.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,170

Post#10 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:12 am

Resistance wrote:Drummond

February 6, 2020: Traded by the Detroit Pistons to the Cleveland Cavaliers for John Henson, Brandon Knight and a 2023 2nd round draft pick. (2023 second-round pick is the least favorable of CLE's and GSW's 2023 second-round picks)

Cleveland gave very little to get him from Detroit, so I don't have Cleveland getting much for him either.
They gave up $30M in cap space this year and two second round picks. They only have McGee playing behind him. I don't see him getting traded tbh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Resistance
General Manager

Post#11 » by Resistance » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:19 am

jbk1234 wrote:

They gave up $30M in cap space this year and two second round picks. They only have McGee playing behind him. I don't see him getting traded tbh.

Yes, Cleveland would have had a huge chunk of cap space this past offseason if they hadn't traded for him.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#12 » by DroseReturnChi » Fri Jan 1, 2021 5:13 am

Porter for Drummond. CLE could use a starting sf for playoffs.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,360

Post#13 » by pipfan » Fri Jan 1, 2021 7:00 am

I would have to watch him more-but Carter, TYoung, Felicio for Drummond

He is young enough to play with the Bulls' core, and we'd be a huge team with him, Lauri and Williams up front. If it doesn't work out, over $10 million more in cap space

Clev gets Carter (not looking great right now, but still has talent) and could maybe move Young to a 3rd team

In theory the Bulls could resign him and still have max cap space
Resistance
General Manager

Post#14 » by Resistance » Fri Jan 1, 2021 7:11 am

pipfan wrote:I would have to watch him more-but Carter, TYoung, Felicio for Drummond

He is young enough to play with the Bulls' core, and we'd be a huge team with him, Lauri and Williams up front. If it doesn't work out, over $10 million more in cap space

Clev gets Carter (not looking great right now, but still has talent) and could maybe move Young to a 3rd team

In theory the Bulls could resign him and still have max cap space

Does the package from Chicago net out to positive value?
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#15 » by KuruptedCav » Fri Jan 1, 2021 2:50 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

That, and his presence is allowing the Cavs to get a read on Sexton and Garland without the wheels falling off. I have a feeling he’s worth more to the Cavs than to other teams.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#16 » by Stillwater » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:26 pm

Hes playing defense this year as are the entire cavs roster or they dont get pt. Without the defense his rebounding is still essential but with defense hes a all star easy and although trades would be difficult to match without sending value certainly more than Detroit sent . I sm not sold CLE will move him if he wants to be there
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,927

Post#17 » by tundraknight » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:59 am

Seen this trade here -

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/12/27/nba-rumors-cleveland-cavaliers-washington-wizards-trade-centered-around-andre-drummond/2/

Washington Wizards Receive: C Andre Drummond

Cleveland Cavaliers Receive: F Davis Bertans, C Thomas Bryant & WAS 2022 1st Round Pick (Lottery-Protected)

I’m not sure how that would work now with Thomas injury. But I’d assume the Wizards would be looking for some kind of Center replacement.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,340

Post#18 » by Kurt Heimlich » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:25 am

tundraknight wrote:Seen this trade here -

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/12/27/nba-rumors-cleveland-cavaliers-washington-wizards-trade-centered-around-andre-drummond/2/

Cleveland Cavaliers Receive: F Davis Bertans, C Thomas Bryant & WAS 2022 1st Round Pick (Lottery-Protected)

I’m not sure how that would work now with Thomas injury. But I’d assume the Wizards would be looking for some kind of Center replacement.

Thomas Bryant (even post ACL with his contract) > Andre Drummond. So I guess you're assuming Bertans is a negative contract, which is possible due to it's size and length. Tough one to value with so many variables, but Washington shouldn't be selling draft assets at their stage.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,356

Post#19 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:42 am

tundraknight wrote:Seen this trade here -

Lol no from Washington.
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#20 » by GoBobs » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:30 am

loserX wrote:

Rozier is positive value and worth way more than Drummond. Part of the reason Rozier is worth more is because he is locked in on a good contract while drummond is overpaid and expiring, but even if the contracts were the same Rozier is worth more because he is a better player and helps a team win more.

Rozier averaged 18 pts on 55% true shooting last year with 4 rebounds 4 assists and good defense. That is a steal for 20 million. So far this year he is averaging 20 on 62% true shooting.

Drummonds value is capped by his expiring contract. The only teams that should be looking to give up value for a rental are one minor piece away from contending and his salary is to hard to fit for those teams. For everyone else it's a bad idea. If you give up value then you are going to feel obligated to outbid everyone else in free agency which is a bad setup. Even if you do out bid everyone he might just decide to go elsewhere and leave you with nothing.

Return to Trades and Transactions