Best offers for Drummond

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Best offers for Drummond 

Post#81 » by SD2042 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:49 am

Richard4444 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:Are you looking for longer bad deals and a pick?

I'm personally very cool with not taking on longer bad deals and letting him walk. But at this point, if a team like the Kings wanted to get off Barnes deal and attach some value, that's at least worth considering since he can play the three or the four.

Barnes is playing well lately. And Kings would not have a need for Drummond if they think Bagley could be the starter Center.

Marvin Bagley can't stay healthy without an injury overtaking him. He has yet to play 82 games so far into his short career. Plus as a center, Bagley will be a great liability on defense. He lacks strength and tactics to play at the position.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,141

Post#82 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:28 am

pacers33granger wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
I recall it being one 2nd and can't find anything saying it was two 2nds. But you cannot seriously think that the expirings of Henson and Knight (both who are not in the league anymore and were unplayable last year) and two 2nds should be considered positive value.

And he's putting up those numbers on 46% shooting with 4 turnovers per game and poor advanced stats in basically every area except rebounding. He also had better numbers when traded by Detroit.

Good on him for not being a malcontent, but he does not have positive value. Doesn't mean he's a bad player, but he's not even close to being worth that contract.
Henson wasn't unplayable and getting off of $30M in salary that you can use is in FA has real value. There's simply no rational explanation as to the idea that if a player is traded for expiring contracts and draft capital at the deadline, he's traded for negative value.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

You can try and spin it anyway you want, but the fact is that Drummond isn't worth his contract and will be unlikely to get half of what he's paid in free agency. He's negative value. And adding a single 2nd four years down the line doesn't turn the $25 mil that was paid to Knight/Henson into positive or even neutral value. The fact that Cleveland stupidly took on the 2nd year also doesn't turn that package into positive value.

He was, at best, a salary dump for two guys who played a grand total of 409 minutes for Detroit and did so poorly. Cleveland is much more likely to be buying him out at the deadline than getting any sort of asset back.
I'm not the one who is spinning. A draft pick is positive value and $30M in future cap space certainly constitutes positive value. You go so far as calling Cleveland stupid for giving it. None of that equates to being traded for negative value.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#83 » by BoogieTime » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:34 am

SD2042 wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
I'm personally very cool with not taking on longer bad deals and letting him walk. But at this point, if a team like the Kings wanted to get off Barnes deal and attach some value, that's at least worth considering since he can play the three or the four.

Barnes is playing well lately. And Kings would not have a need for Drummond if they think Bagley could be the starter Center.

Marvin Bagley can't stay healthy without an injury overtaking him. He has yet to play 82 games so far into his short career. Plus as a center, Bagley will be a great liability on defense. He lacks strength and tactics to play at the position.

They would try to hold onto Richaun Holmes, who has played better than Drummond since being in Sacramento and fits the team’s culture if they were retaining a vet and not going young.

Return to Trades and Transactions