Bulls/76ers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Bulls/76ers 

Post#1 » by leo921 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:56 pm

I like the idea of a 76ers trade, I want thybulle and a 1st. Closest I can get to a legal doable trade is Green(15.3m expiring), Mike Scott(5m expiring), Thybulle(2.7m) and 76ers first for Otto.

I like it for both. 76ers add a solid 3nD in Otto, go with something like Simmons/Curry/Otto/Harris/Embiid. That lineup has lots of shooting(curry/Otto/Harris) defense(simmons/otto/Embiid) and playmaking(simmons/Curry) well rounded and be very hard to beat in the playoffs. 76ers first would probably end up somewhere between 18-25th so a very good upgrade for a low pick.

Bulls maintain our FA money with Green/Scott expiring and getting solid assets in Thybulle (great D with chances of developing an offensive game, especially with our new coaching and development system) and a 1st that we can package to move up in the draft. Would love to see Thybulle/PWilliams play on defense together and grow together. Bulls can throw out lots of nice interesting lineups as well.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Re: Bulls/76ers 

Post#2 » by youngcrev » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:19 pm

Otto Porter isn't netting that type of return...
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#3 » by leo921 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:39 pm

youngcrev wrote:Otto Porter isn't netting that type of return...

That makes no sense at all, Otto is a perfect compliment to both Simmons and Embiid as a solid 3 and D player. Add in that he is a expiring deal and it makes it better. If Otto does really well then you can resign him for much cheaper then he is now. I think we all agree that Otto is not getting another 28m a yr deal again, but he would def fit in nicely for something closer to 15m. Perfect 3rd option averaging a 18.0 PER.

Meanwhile the pieces you dont want to give up Thybulle, is averaging 12 mpg shooting 30FG% 21% from 3, but let me guess in your eyes hes a star and not a solid role player. Then the pick which again will be 18-25th range, mmm a pick that at most a role player but in all likelihood will be out of the league in 5 yrs or should I take the guy that fits the team perfectly and makes my best players better mmm....i know the pick lol
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#4 » by youngcrev » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:53 pm

leo921 wrote:

That makes no sense at all, Otto is a perfect compliment to both Simmons and Embiid as a solid 3 and D player. Add in that he is a expiring deal and it makes it better. If Otto does really well then you can resign him for much cheaper then he is now. I think we all agree that Otto is not getting another 28m a yr deal again, but he would def fit in nicely for something closer to 15m. Perfect 3rd option averaging a 18.0 PER.

Meanwhile the pieces you dont want to give up Thybulle, is averaging 12 mpg shooting 30FG% 21% from 3, but let me guess in your eyes hes a star and not a solid role player. Then the pick which again will be 18-25th range, mmm a pick that at most a role player but in all likelihood will be out of the league in 5 yrs or should I take the guy that fits the team perfectly and makes my best players better mmm....i know the pick lol

Bad guess. I don't think those pieces are particularly valuable, but they do indeed have value. Otto Porter, an oft-injured role player making 28.5M, doesn't.

The Sixers aren't going to trade a starter and 2 cost controlled pieces for a guy that they can't count on to stay healthy, and isn't much of a difference maker when he is.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#5 » by GutUNC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:55 pm

leo921 wrote:

Might I suggest you be less belligerent in your proposals, even if you don't believe that Thybulle and a 1st isn't a prohibitive cost to upgrade Green to Porter?

For frame of reference, that package has been discussed here with Raptors/Sixers fans as a decent framework of a deal for Kyle Lowry.
GDTBATH
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,223

Post#6 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:08 pm

Deal seems to be a bit closer if you remove Thybulle. I wish the 76ers had some bad money to throw in the deal to make it work, but they really don't outside of Harris.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#7 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:31 pm

I'm not seeing Porter as that valuable.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#8 » by LloydFree » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:29 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I'm not seeing Porter as that valuable.

Very polite ways to put it.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#9 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:45 pm

Actually when healthy (he was until back spasm last game) Porter is difference maker for Phila between ec semi finals and finals. He is tall, sniper and verry good defender. His value is expiring deal also. He is not getting another 28 mil for sure, but this season he is 20 mil player. This is w/w trade. Sixers should offer Tobias Harris, Thybulle, Reed and two future firsts for Porter expiring and Valentine expiring. They clear cap space for third star next year and get real shoot this year, but paying price in two probably late firsts in mid 20 and Thybulle who is out of favour with Rivers and Morey. Valentine is bad defender but type of player who could hit last minute three ice cold.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#10 » by the_process » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:08 pm

The Bulls taking back Tobias Harris... that is the correct beginning to an Otto Porter trade. You can build out the rest from there.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#11 » by pipfan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:35 pm

Porter is not worth that, and I'm a Bulls' fan
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#12 » by ChettheJet » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:16 pm

the_process wrote:The Bulls taking back Tobias Harris... that is the correct beginning to an Otto Porter trade. You can build out the rest from there.

I think you're right.

Thybulle would be nice to have in a year but right now the Bulls have Temple and Valentine as backup SG, along with White's combo status, understand there aren't that many minutes behind Lavine. If there's something they need it's a backup PG maybe more of a scorer than Satoransky, who once he gets back, is a steady the ship reserve.

Harris changes the dynamic of the front line. He and Williams can probably play together and either can be the 3 or 4. Porter has to go to balance the money for Harris who makes Markkanen, or Young expendable right now. Down the road, they probably don't have the room to extend Markkanen and depending on how things go they could trade or buy out Young for next year.
the_process
RealGM

Post#13 » by the_process » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:39 am

ChettheJet wrote:
the_process wrote:The Bulls taking back Tobias Harris... that is the correct beginning to an Otto Porter trade. You can build out the rest from there.

I think you're right.

Thybulle would be nice to have in a year but right now the Bulls have Temple and Valentine as backup SG, along with White's combo status, understand there aren't that many minutes behind Lavine. If there's something they need it's a backup PG maybe more of a scorer than Satoransky, who once he gets back, is a steady the ship reserve.

Harris changes the dynamic of the front line. He and Williams can probably play together and either can be the 3 or 4. Porter has to go to balance the money for Harris who makes Markkanen, or Young expendable right now. Down the road, they probably don't have the room to extend Markkanen and depending on how things go they could trade or buy out Young for next year.

What would you want attached to turn Harris and Scott into Porter and Markkanen?
WICKED17
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#14 » by WICKED17 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:46 am

the_process wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:

I think you're right.

What would you want attached to turn Harris and Scott into Porter and Markkanen?

It would take. Thybulle, ‘22 1st, ‘24 1st (top 7), ‘21 NY 2nd
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#15 » by DroseReturnChi » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:00 am

No he is. And ur dumping washed green who is a negative for an above avg starter in playoffs.
Thybulle is a 10th man and the pick is number 25. We can make it 2 seconds but the asking price is abt right considering how much they overpaid for Harris who is barely better. 76ers fans barely know abt this stud go check his washington playoff run.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#16 » by stormi » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:08 am

Green by the very definition of the word has always been a positive contributor. Even last season when his shooting went dry he had among the best on/off rates on the Lakers in both the regular season and led the team in the playoffs and started every single game. He's a smart and savvy vet that defends constantly and creates space for his stars due to his gravity.

+ He's an expiring.

But I am an OPJ fan. He's a smart player that can guard big wings and has a pure stroke. Hope there's a deal to be made between these teams later in the year.
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Post#17 » by UptownPhilly » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:38 pm

WICKED17 wrote:
the_process wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:
I think you're right.

It would take. Thybulle, ‘22 1st, ‘24 1st (top 7), ‘21 NY 2nd

I’m interested.
the_process
RealGM

Post#18 » by the_process » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:58 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:

No he is. And ur dumping washed green who is a negative for an above avg starter in playoffs.
Thybulle is a 10th man and the pick is number 25. We can make it 2 seconds but the asking price is abt right considering how much they overpaid for Harris who is barely better. 76ers fans barely know abt this stud go check his washington playoff run.

You’re completely ignoring his injury prone-ness. Also that WSH playoff run was 4 seasons ago now.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#19 » by gobullschi » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:08 pm

Including Thybulle is too much. Swap him for Ferguson and make it a ‘22 1st to give Phili a fall back plan if they can’t resign OPJ.

OPJ for Green + Scott + Ferguson + ‘22 1st (lotto protected)
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#20 » by PlayerUp » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:23 am

gobullschi wrote:Including Thybulle is too much. Swap him for Ferguson and make it a ‘22 1st to give Phili a fall back plan if they can’t resign OPJ.

OPJ for Green + Scott + Ferguson + ‘22 1st (lotto protected)

Agree with this. 76ers can keep Thybulle. If the 76ers want anymore pieces to help them win as well this season, we'll listen to offers.

Return to Trades and Transactions