Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible?

Moderators: Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, Trader_Joe, BullyKing, loserX, Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, HartfordWhalers

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 14,452
And1: 7,392
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#21 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:02 am

Darren wrote:Incoming Players

Kristaps Porzingis
25 year old, 7-3, 240 lb FC from Coosur Real Betis (Spain)
20.5 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.3 apg in 30.0 minutes in 2020-2021

Josh Richardson
27 year old, 6-5, 200 lb G from Tennessee
12.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 2.7 apg in 31.6 minutes in 2020-2021

Josh Green
20 year old, 6-6, 210 lb SG from Arizona
2.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.6 apg in 12.5 minutes in 2020-2021

Jalen Brunson
24 year old, 6-1, 190 lb PG from Villanova
11.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 3.6 apg in 24.1 minutes in 2020-2021

Outgoing Players

Zach LaVine
25 year old, 6-5, 200 lb SG from UCLA
28.9 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 5.1 apg in 35.7 minutes in 2020-2021

Lauri Markkanen
23 year old, 7-0, 240 lb SF from Arizona
19.1 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 30.4 minutes in 2020-2021

Coby White
21 year old, 6-5, 195 lb PG from North Carolina
15.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 5.3 apg in 33.3 minutes in 2020-2021

Garrett Temple
34 year old, 6-5, 195 lb G from LSU
9.1 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 27.8 minutes in 2020-2021

This one could make a little more sense to the Mavs. Not so sure Chicago does it, though. Maxi-Markkanen-Luka-LaVine-Coby could be pretty good starting unit with run-n-gun playing style. Defense may also be better. At least, there's no more mismatches everywhere.



This isn’t NBA 2K. There is nothing your roster worth LaVine outside of Luka who is worth more so no way for you to get LaVine. Bulls are not going save Dallas from their massive mistakes.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 14,452
And1: 7,392
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#22 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:03 am

Mr B wrote:I think any deal that involves KP going to Chicago would have to include Levine coming back to Dallas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


LaVine>>>>>Porzingis.

Any deal for LaVine would have to include Luka to the Bulls! So no deal will be made.
Apz
Rookie
Posts: 1,239
And1: 317
Joined: Jan 18, 2019
   

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#23 » by Apz » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:45 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Mr B wrote:I think any deal that involves KP going to Chicago would have to include Levine coming back to Dallas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


LaVine>>>>>Porzingis.

Any deal for LaVine would have to include Luka to the Bulls! So no deal will be made.


The value between kp and lavine is way closer then lavine and luka. Atleast its in the same ballpark. Lavine for luka is more like Thj for lavine, not realistic at all
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 14,452
And1: 7,392
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#24 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:56 am

Apz wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Mr B wrote:I think any deal that involves KP going to Chicago would have to include Levine coming back to Dallas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


LaVine>>>>>Porzingis.

Any deal for LaVine would have to include Luka to the Bulls! So no deal will be made.


The value between kp and lavine is way closer then lavine and luka. Atleast its in the same ballpark. Lavine for luka is more like Thj for lavine, not realistic at all


Only in your mind is their value close. I would not want Porzingis for free on that contract.

Luka - very young superstar
Zach - young star(still rising)
Porzingis - super injury prone approaching bust status

Dallas would never trade Luka for LaVine. Chicago would never trade LaVine for Porzingis. That’s all there is to it. I would be sick if I was Dallas and New York gets a high lottery pick for him.
Apz
Rookie
Posts: 1,239
And1: 317
Joined: Jan 18, 2019
   

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#25 » by Apz » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:44 am

Never said it was close, said it was closer, which it is.

Think only knicks fans actually care where the pick lands. Mavs will make the playoff, so no lottery pick. And if it isnt a lotterypick RC woukdbt play whoever is picked so doesnt matter. Guess u are 1 of those that written off KD and klay too due injuryproness?
DroseReturnChi
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,143
And1: 1,021
Joined: Feb 12, 2012
       

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#26 » by DroseReturnChi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:49 am

jpengland wrote:Honestly, whilst value isn't an issue I just can't see a reasonable deal involving Porzingis which doesn't limit the ceiling for Dallas.

It's the problem with all KP deals, finding value in a vacuum is easy. But ultimately the majority of deals lower the ceiling.

Dallas needs to ride with KP and Luka, use Johnson expiring and some of the younger assets to bring in another useful player, operate over the cap, bring back the same crew and add an MLE guy and hope KP stays healthy.


yep too much. kp is barely better than lauri wouldnt give up more than lauri, carter.
God told Derrick to rise, so Derrick Rose.
DroseReturnChi
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,143
And1: 1,021
Joined: Feb 12, 2012
       

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#27 » by DroseReturnChi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:51 am

jayjaysee wrote:I’d be happy with White and Lauri. Chicago can keep Otto, well keep Powell. Make the money work with Thad.


I think this is the more realistic deal. no additional firsts.
God told Derrick to rise, so Derrick Rose.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 14,452
And1: 7,392
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#28 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:15 am

Apz wrote:Never said it was close, said it was closer, which it is.

Think only knicks fans actually care where the pick lands. Mavs will make the playoff, so no lottery pick. And if it isnt a lotterypick RC woukdbt play whoever is picked so doesnt matter. Guess u are 1 of those that written off KD and klay too due injuryproness?


I’ll be shocked if Klay comes back close to what he was. Porzingis is at the point where his injuries have pretty much stunted his development. He is years behind where he should be. Luka is very young so Mavs can just ride it out, but they should acquired someone else. High risk high reward. Looks like a losing bet on him.
Apz
Rookie
Posts: 1,239
And1: 317
Joined: Jan 18, 2019
   

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#29 » by Apz » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:21 am

Well, u cant win if u dont play. If he gets back to form for the playoffs thats enough. If u dont take chances u will be stuck at 8-9th forever when only winning matters
Buzzard
Head Coach
Posts: 7,261
And1: 4,036
Joined: May 16, 2018
     

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#30 » by Buzzard » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:26 pm

Bulls pass.

If KP can't start playing games without being load managed, Dallas may have to pay someone to take him. The good news is his TS% is the highest its ever been. The bad news is he has only played in 17 out of 29 games.

I don't even think the Warriors could justify 31.6, 33.8, and 36.0 million for a player who is only available for 66% of his games. I think the Mavs are stuck with him and just have to hope he will be available for their playoff runs.
"Offense sells tickets, defense wins games, rebounding wins championships." Pat Summitt
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 9,344
And1: 1,536
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#31 » by daoneandonly » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:37 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:I’d be happy with White and Lauri. Chicago can keep Otto, well keep Powell. Make the money work with Thad.


I think this is the more realistic deal. no additional firsts.


I'd think Carter makes more sense for both, KP and Carter are both best at the 5. I wouldnt mind a a Carter based deal, my ideal targets are Siakam or Capela, but know those are very unlikely with KP as the outgoing piece.
realEAST
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,285
And1: 1,063
Joined: Mar 25, 2016
   

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#32 » by realEAST » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:41 pm

Buzzard wrote:Bulls pass.

If KP can't start playing games without being load managed, Dallas may have to pay someone to take him. The good news is his TS% is the highest its ever been. The bad news is he has only played in 17 out of 29 games.

I don't even think the Warriors could justify 31.6, 33.8, and 36.0 million for a player who is only available for 66% of his games. I think the Mavs are stuck with him and just have to hope he will be available for their playoff runs.


Porzingis has been surprisingly durable - after missing the beginning of the season, he has played in every game I think (may have missed one or two), and last night they sat him so he could be 100% against Boston, which is a much tougher game.

Altogether, this season has been pretty strange for him, a complete opposite to last year for instance - he is more durable, rarely missing a game after coming back from injury, and his offense has been surprisingly good from the get go, but his defense has been unrecognizable.
Last year his D was really good, but he struggled on offense until all star break.
Hopefully his D catches up to his offense soon this year.
User avatar
TheFinishSniper
Analyst
Posts: 3,443
And1: 2,623
Joined: Feb 02, 2018
Location: Earth
   

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#33 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:33 pm

You stay away from Zingis. Not on his deal and not with his inability to stay on floor.
“If you were grading rebuilds and dropped in on the United Center on Wednesday night, you saw one team flying up the court, launching 3-pointers, sharing the ball and generally looking like it was having a lot of fun. And then you saw the Bulls.”
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
Posts: 9,771
And1: 2,391
Joined: Aug 05, 2012

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#34 » by jayjaysee » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:09 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:I’d be happy with White and Lauri. Chicago can keep Otto, well keep Powell. Make the money work with Thad.


I think this is the more realistic deal. no additional firsts.


I'd think Carter makes more sense for both, KP and Carter are both best at the 5. I wouldnt mind a a Carter based deal, my ideal targets are Siakam or Capela, but know those are very unlikely with KP as the outgoing piece.


I really just don’t care about Carter and figure we’d be looking at adding a big in the offseason if we made this move. But if Lauri played the four, Maxi and the bench group could fill our center rotation just like they have the games KP has missed.

Think Rick could do more with White and/or Lauri than he could with Carter.

If Dallas wouldn’t want to pay Lauri this offseason we could work a deal without him.
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,240
And1: 2,531
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
     

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#35 » by BowlRips » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:13 pm

Mr B wrote:I think any deal that involves KP going to Chicago would have to include Levine coming back to Dallas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


you wish
Memphis Grizzles


Dillon Brooks
Eric Gordon
Klay Thompson
John Wall
Immanuel Quickley


Allonzo Trier
TJ McConnell
Theo Maledon
4 scrubs

EL: Andre Roberson
Buzzard
Head Coach
Posts: 7,261
And1: 4,036
Joined: May 16, 2018
     

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#36 » by Buzzard » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:29 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Think there's too many moving parts, it can be scaled back a ton. If ATL can be involved where they get Georgia born Wendell Carter and asset from Chi, Dal gets Capella, Felicio, filler, Chi gets Porzingis and filler, I'd love it


I think getting Capela for Wendell Carter or KP is a reach. KP may help with Atlanta's playoff goals but his injury history and load management issues makes him a liability. Not worth the gray hairs he would cause the coaching staff or management. Capela would never be traded for Wendell Carter. That is a total about face on their playoff aspirations.

Everyone wants Capela now that he is on a team that uses him. I would say he is no more gettable right now than Gobert or Jokic is. Capela may not have the impact but he comes at half the price.
"Offense sells tickets, defense wins games, rebounding wins championships." Pat Summitt
Slim Charless
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,854
And1: 1,051
Joined: May 10, 2019
   

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#37 » by Slim Charless » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:02 pm

Buzzard wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Think there's too many moving parts, it can be scaled back a ton. If ATL can be involved where they get Georgia born Wendell Carter and asset from Chi, Dal gets Capella, Felicio, filler, Chi gets Porzingis and filler, I'd love it


I think getting Capela for Wendell Carter or KP is a reach. KP may help with Atlanta's playoff goals but his injury history and load management issues makes him a liability. Not worth the gray hairs he would cause the coaching staff or management. Capela would never be traded for Wendell Carter. That is a total about face on their playoff aspirations.

Everyone wants Capela now that he is on a team that uses him. I would say he is no more gettable right now than Gobert or Jokic is. Capela may not have the impact but he comes at half the price.


So Clint Capela is roughly as good as 3 time DPOY candidate Gobert and MVP candidate Jokic then? Not even with them exactly but just alittle below.....
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 9,344
And1: 1,536
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#38 » by daoneandonly » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:02 pm

Buzzard wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Think there's too many moving parts, it can be scaled back a ton. If ATL can be involved where they get Georgia born Wendell Carter and asset from Chi, Dal gets Capella, Felicio, filler, Chi gets Porzingis and filler, I'd love it


I think getting Capela for Wendell Carter or KP is a reach. KP may help with Atlanta's playoff goals but his injury history and load management issues makes him a liability. Not worth the gray hairs he would cause the coaching staff or management. Capela would never be traded for Wendell Carter. That is a total about face on their playoff aspirations.

Everyone wants Capela now that he is on a team that uses him. I would say he is no more gettable right now than Gobert or Jokic is. Capela may not have the impact but he comes at half the price.


Yea wishful thinking on my part. I wouldnt mind Carter on the Mavs. I draw the line at lavine and/or lauri though
User avatar
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 60,688
And1: 53,788
Joined: May 19, 2012
Location: 403 Minutes in the Bay
   

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#39 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:16 pm

What an absolute derailment of a thread. First LaVine shoehorned in, only made far worse by the inevitable only for Luka response. Followed by somehow in a Dallas/Chicago thread an assertion that Clint Capela is as untouchable as The Joker.

We badly lost the plot here. :lol:
ThunderBolt wrote:Some of you guys need understand that not every play is a prophetic vision of the player's career trajectory.

Buzzard
Head Coach
Posts: 7,261
And1: 4,036
Joined: May 16, 2018
     

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Porzingis Possible? 

Post#40 » by Buzzard » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:31 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Think there's too many moving parts, it can be scaled back a ton. If ATL can be involved where they get Georgia born Wendell Carter and asset from Chi, Dal gets Capella, Felicio, filler, Chi gets Porzingis and filler, I'd love it


I think getting Capela for Wendell Carter or KP is a reach. KP may help with Atlanta's playoff goals but his injury history and load management issues makes him a liability. Not worth the gray hairs he would cause the coaching staff or management. Capela would never be traded for Wendell Carter. That is a total about face on their playoff aspirations.

Everyone wants Capela now that he is on a team that uses him. I would say he is no more gettable right now than Gobert or Jokic is. Capela may not have the impact but he comes at half the price.


So Clint Capela is roughly as good as 3 time DPOY candidate Gobert and MVP candidate Jokic then? Not even with them exactly but just alittle below.....

I did not not say that. But at 16 - 18 million a season and half the price, he is as untouchable from the Hawks perspective. The impact he has had on both ends of the floor is why the Hawks are only one game under .500 despite injuries to Bogdan and Hunter.
"Offense sells tickets, defense wins games, rebounding wins championships." Pat Summitt

Return to Trades and Transactions