KP to Warriors

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,293

Re: KP to Warriors 

Post#41 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:27 pm

Im not sure warriors would do kp for wiggins straight up.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,929

Post#42 » by Apz » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:36 pm

aguiar95 wrote:DAL in: Collins, Wiggins.
DAL out: Porzingis, Burke.

GSW in: Porzingis.
GSW out: Wiggins, MIN pick.

ATL in: MIN pick, Burke.
ATL out: Collins.

Dallas still have the salaries to go for a Drummond (they need a center bad) trade in Johnson/Powell.

Doncic/Brunson
Richardson/Hardaway
Wiggins/Finney-Smith
Collins/Kleber
Drummond/Cauley-Stein

Feels like ATL should give GSW something (since they wanted a lottery pick), but I'm not really sure.

Tjats just gsw eating value. Min pick for gettung rid if wiggins and get kp for free. While Mavs eats wiggins big negative and get the "pleasure" to give collins a max in the summer. Pretty sure mavs just would take the minny pick. Still dont think they do it since they see kp as valuable, they wont give him away for nothing. And mavs wont trade for drummond and lose assets, if they think he can be of any use they offer him at most 7.5m in the summer.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#43 » by Commodor » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:47 pm

Apz wrote:Tjats just gsw eating value. Min pick for gettung rid if wiggins and get kp for free. While Mavs eats wiggins big negative and get the "pleasure" to give collins a max in the summer. Pretty sure mavs just would take the minny pick. Still dont think they do it since they see kp as valuable, they wont give him away for nothing. And mavs wont trade for drummond and lose assets, if they think he can be of any use they offer him at most 7.5m in the summer.

The MIN pick is worth more than it was at the time of Wiggins-DLO trade. MIN was close to a play-in spot then. the expectation was more 5-14 this year. Now the pick is valued at 1-4. Wiggins has also played very well for GSW. He's likely not positive value on the market but he has improved his value from the time of trade if anything.

The combined value has definitely improved past DLo alone. It really was always above that, but MIN needed to land Dlo to appease KAT.

As for value DAL is sending out, GSW just toyed with KP two games in a row without a guy who was over 6'7 playing. He looked terrible and between his injury history and recent play I do not see him improving his value since the NYK-DAL trade. While I agree DAL should not move KP at a negative, convincing GSW that he is MIN pick-worthy is far fetched at best.
User_denied
Freshman
And1: 86

Post#44 » by User_denied » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:48 am

Coxy wrote:
User_denied wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:This feels way too tilted to Dallas favor. Even if we called KP and Draymond a wash and Johnson and Oubre a wash -- and personally I have both of those as wins for Dallas already, Wiseman for Dorian isn't close.

Am I missing something here? I read your posts often and usually find them pretty reasonable but this stands out. Has KP fallen so much? Draymonds contract is pretty bad and he has been terrible this year. KP stats look pretty good but TBH I haven't watched a lot of Mavs games. What are you seeing to call that portion of the trade favored for Dallas?

You're not watching games, Draymond has been quite good.

That's fair. I've only watched a couple warrior games and looked over his stats and it just feels like there is a decline. Plus the recent 4th quarter melt downs from him might be skewing my opinion. As someone who watches them regularly, do you think he's the same player he was 2 years ago when I followed him closer?
The key is not the ‘will to win’… everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#45 » by Coxy » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:02 am

User_denied wrote:
Coxy wrote:
User_denied wrote:
Am I missing something here? I read your posts often and usually find them pretty reasonable but this stands out. Has KP fallen so much? Draymonds contract is pretty bad and he has been terrible this year. KP stats look pretty good but TBH I haven't watched a lot of Mavs games. What are you seeing to call that portion of the trade favored for Dallas?

You're not watching games, Draymond has been quite good.

That's fair. I've only watched a couple warrior games and looked over his stats and it just feels like there is a decline. Plus the recent 4th quarter melt downs from him might be skewing my opinion. As someone who watches them regularly, do you think he's the same player he was 2 years ago when I followed him closer?

No he's not the same player, but he's still excellent at what he does. He hasn't had "4th quarter melt downs" either, he copped an ejection for arguing a seriously dodgy timeout call once. His fire brings that sometimes, but that's the 1st time this season it's happened, and you take that bad with all the good he brings. Draymond's influence on a team goes way beyond the court. He's a culture setter, a driving force from the becnh and in the locker room. Every coach on the league would love to have Draymond in the locker room driving the team to winning standards. His natural physical decline is there, but he hasn't regressed that much. He's still the ultimate glue guy and defensive savant he has been and he's a player that brings out the very best in others, especially stars.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#46 » by Warriorfan » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:40 am

If warriors could get Collins for Min pick they would be satisfied
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#47 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:38 am

Warriorfan wrote:If warriors could get Collins for Min pick they would ne satisfied

No, Warriorfan would be satisfied. Not at all the same thing, especially when you are also good with giving assets to acquire KP, which most W's fans are not behind either
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:40 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Im not sure warriors would do kp for wiggins straight up.

I wouldn't, and its a bit circular, but here goes:

if the Mavs would trade KP for Wiggins straight up, that means KP's value is in the tank
if KP's value is in the tank, that means the only way we could move him is for someone with as bad, or worse, of a contract than Wiggins

So the bottom line is - who helps us more, KP or Wiggins? And right now I'd lean towards Wiggins, because what I saw from KP in the 2 games we played against Dallas.. it was not good. We don't need a 7'3 3pt shooter, we need rebounding, interior defense, and for the love of god someone to replace Oubre.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,617

Post#49 » by eminence » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:27 am

Count me among those who counts KP as one of the worst contracts in the league, I'd debate Klay/Wiggins for KP, not Dray, and sure as hell not adding value (and a lot at that in Wiseman).
I bought a boat.
Joshrm
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#50 » by Joshrm » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:56 am

Klay contract worse . Klay get hurt and done for season.
It a least KP play about 50 games year.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,505

Post#51 » by zimpy27 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:09 am

Wiggins can't be traded. Every team is way lower on Wiggins than GSW.

Klay is interesting as a swap for KP
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
aguiar95
Rookie
And1: 548

Post#52 » by aguiar95 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:32 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Im not sure warriors would do kp for wiggins straight up.

100% sure Dallas (or any other team in the league) wouldn't.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,045

Post#53 » by The-Power » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:42 am

This thread has been mostly about non-Warriors fans trying to offer a player most Warriors fans don't really want in the first place while trying to get significant assets for him. There's no deal to be had here, let's move on.

Porzingis at this point is a negative asset in my view, and the Mavericks are the ones supposedly interested in a trade. It's fine if you don't want to sell low on Porzingis or just get rid of him, but there's also no point in asking for value the Warriors simply aren't going to offer if they're in their right mind.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,707

Post#54 » by gswhoops » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:15 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Wiggins can't be traded. Every team is way lower on Wiggins than GSW.

Maybe for Dallas. Not for GS.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#55 » by JD45 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:32 pm

The whole idea of this thread was building on the (probably false) rumor that the Mavs were discussing a KP trade to GSW. So the assumption there is that GSW would be interested in acquiring him. Then the issue is what would be a trade that is the teams might like.

Its perfectly reasonable for a GSW fan to not think KP is a fit. But thats not the point of the thread.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,707

Post#56 » by gswhoops » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:36 pm

JD45 wrote:The whole idea of this thread was building on the (probably false) rumor that the Mavs were discussing a KP trade to GSW. So the assumption there is that GSW would be interested in acquiring him. Then the issue is what would be a trade that is the teams might like.

Its perfectly reasonable for a GSW fan to not think KP is a fit. But thats not the point of the thread.

The rumor, to the extent that you give it any merit, was that Dallas called GS about Porzingis, not the other way around.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#57 » by zimpy27 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:25 pm

gswhoops wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Wiggins can't be traded. Every team is way lower on Wiggins than GSW.

Well both are often injured players that would be pretty much equal on ability if healthy.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,045

Post#58 » by The-Power » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:13 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:

Well both are often injured players that would be pretty much equal on ability if healthy.

Assuming this was true, why should we be interested in trading a hometown hero who is beloved by his teammates and has great chemistry and is a proven fit with the top players on our team for that kind of return?
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#59 » by zimpy27 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:18 pm

The-Power wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:Maybe for Dallas. Not for GS.

Assuming this was true, why should we be interested in trading a hometown hero who is beloved by his teammates and has great chemistry and is a proven fit with the top players on our team for that kind of return?

Because he's on the court and can help this season
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:24 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
The-Power wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Because he's on the court and can help this season

This season doesnt matter

But more to the point, a healthy KP doesnt even fit in our offense.. and while we're seeing what a wounded KP can do, Klay's shooting ability should be largely unaffected by his injuries. Its just not a workable premise at any level - and considering that we'd either have to trade Oubre/Wiseman, Wiggins, Klay, Steph, or Draymond to make the deal happen, that adds another layer of nope on top of it.

Return to Trades and Transactions