Celtics retool with wizards, magic, pelicans

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,501

Celtics retool with wizards, magic, pelicans 

Post#1 » by GoBobs » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:50 am

Ok this is what I would do if I were the Celtics

Trade 1
Kemba Walker for Westbrook, 1st round pick lotto protected for 3 years then becomes 2 2nds

Wizards get a different look and shorter contract

Celtics get a better fitting player and the pick

Trade 2
TPE Celtics 1st Wizards 1st for Aaron Gordon and Mo Bamba

Magic get some picks for a player that will probably leave before they make the playoffs again

Celtics get a talented athletic forward that comes with bird rights

Trade 3
Lonzo Ball for Tristan Thompson and Celtics 2023 first

Celtics get a good defensive player who might improve afound the time Westbrook drops off

Pelicans get a pick for a player they don’t want to pay

Final Celtics roster

Westbrook/Ball
Brown/Smart
Tatum/Smart
A Gordon/G Williams
Thies/Mo Bamba
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,893

Re: Celtics retool with wizards, magic, pelicans 

Post#2 » by TGW » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:28 am

There is no way the Wizards would give up a pick in Westbrook/Walker swap. Hell, I doubt the Wizards would do it without the pick.

btw Kemba's contract is not shorter than Westbrook's.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Post#3 » by Xman » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:30 am

I do not think Westbrook is the answer. I would like to see BOS make a push for Collins.

Remix of part of what you suggested:
ORL gets LBall, Theis, BOS 2nds in 2021 and 2022, 2 2021 2nds from NO (WAS and CLE) and 2 2022 2nds from NO (CLE and Utah).
NO gets Kemba, Nesmith, and Edwards (cap filler).
BOS gets Bledsoe, Redick, AGordon, Bamba.
-NO tries a different pg. Clearly not happy with Lonzo or Bledsoe. Redick is not getting minutes Nesmith provides depth and they do not have roster spots for the picks they deal anyway.
-BOS drops to smaller salaries of Bledsoe and AGordon. Bamba might be special if he gets a chance - especially with BOS coach.
-ORL gets a look at Lonzo and some picks. Dealing Bamba is not great but they are not using him. AGordon is losing value day by day. Six seconds lets them make some moves - or sell them for cash.
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 767

Post#4 » by lordjeff05 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:24 am

Folks have come around on Lonzo since he has gotten more used to his new role. Ever since the advent of point Zion, Ball has played great, and the Pels have a stupid offensive rating of 126 when he, Ingram and Zion are on the floor since the shift to point Zion, and have a 117 offensive rating for the year. Don’t think this trade works for the Pels.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,006

Post#5 » by Ducklett » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:39 am

Xman wrote:I do not think Westbrook is the answer. I would like to see BOS make a push for Collins.

Remix of part of what you suggested:
ORL gets LBall, Theis, BOS 2nds in 2021 and 2022, 2 2021 2nds from NO (WAS and CLE) and 2 2022 2nds from NO (CLE and Utah).
NO gets Kemba, Nesmith, and Edwards (cap filler).
BOS gets Bledsoe, Redick, AGordon, Bamba.
-NO tries a different pg. Clearly not happy with Lonzo or Bledsoe. Redick is not getting minutes Nesmith provides depth and they do not have roster spots for the picks they deal anyway.
-BOS drops to smaller salaries of Bledsoe and AGordon. Bamba might be special if he gets a chance - especially with BOS coach.
-ORL gets a look at Lonzo and some picks. Dealing Bamba is not great but they are not using him. AGordon is losing value day by day. Six seconds lets them make some moves - or sell them for cash.

2nds don't have this kind of value.
enzino
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#6 » by enzino » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:44 am

one of the few way to give away Kemba Walker, imho, is to trade him to Houston for J. Wall.
kind of: Kemba&TT for J.Wall&2rp

Return to Trades and Transactions