Cavs/Mavs/Heat/Rockets

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Cavs/Mavs/Heat/Rockets 

Post#1 » by Bentley1225 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:43 pm

Ill offer this idea for:
-Cavs save money off short term cap and get a 2nd
-Mavs get Drummond while dumping Powell
-Heat get Oladipo for playoff run
-Rockets continue to sell for picks

To Cleveland (Trade Drummond)
-Kelly Olynyk (1 year, $12.6 million) - *buyout*
-Myers Leonard (1 year, $9.4 million plus T.O.)
-2022 Philadelphia or Denver 2nd round pick (less favorable) via Miami

To Dallas (Trade Johnson, Powell, 3 2nds)
-Andre Drummond (1 year, $28.8 million)
-Rodions Kurucs (1 year, $1.8 million plus T.O.)

To Miami (Trade Olynyk, Leonard, Bradley, 2nd)
-Victor Oladipo (1 year, $21 million)
-Dwight Powell (3 years, $33.2 million)

To Houston (Trade Oladipo, Kurucs)
-James Johnson (1 year, $16 million)
-Avery Bradley (1 year, $5.6 million plus T.O.)
-2022 Dallas 2nd round pick
-2024 Dallas 2nd round pick
-2026 Dallas 2nd round pick

Why?
-Cavs trim cap by $6.8 million and get a 2nd for Drummond, wont get more than that in a Drummond deal. Olynyk can play some minutes off the bench or seek a buyout.
-Dallas gets out of the Powell deal by acquiring Drummond and they can take a flyer on Kurucs to replace Johnson at the 4
-Miami uses lack of draft capital to acquire Oladipo for playoff run/get his Bird Rights by absorbing the Powell deal (he can get backup minutes at the 5) with 3 expirings/2nd while staying under tax threshold.
-Houston lands 3 2nds for Oladipo in swapping him for Bradley and Kurucks for Johnson
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Re: Cavs/Mavs/Heat/Rockets 

Post#2 » by Apz » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:49 pm

Would do as mavs. Not sure how heats cap situation looks, but guess having oladipos rights and knowing he want to go there might be worth it if they gonna break the cap
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,423

Post#3 » by ThatBoyNick » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:53 pm

Bad for Hou and Cle

Okay for MIA

Really good for Dal
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,200

Post#4 » by BBallFreak » Mon Mar 1, 2021 12:20 am

Unless Miami can sign Cousins, I can't see us doing this. We absolutely need a starting-caliber power player if Olynyk is going out. For our purposes, we'd prefer to have Igoudala going out...
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 1, 2021 12:27 am

lol I thought you were done with these Dre trades op... I cant see any reason for cle to take back multiple players just for some meh pick in any trade esp not one sending a player who has been a career starter
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#6 » by Bentley1225 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 12:35 am

BBallFreak wrote:Unless Miami can sign Cousins, I can't see us doing this. We absolutely need a starting-caliber power player if Olynyk is going out. For our purposes, we'd prefer to have Igoudala going out...

Sure, I debated between sending Olynyk or Iggy to Cavs. I thought Iggy was a more valuable piece as this opens up a roster spot if the Heat want to add a guy like John Henson or Ersan Illyasova to replace Olynyk which I think they have enough room to do and stay just under tax threshold.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#7 » by Bentley1225 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 12:36 am

Stillwater wrote:lol I thought you were done with these Dre trades op... I cant see any reason for cle to take back multiple players just for some meh pick in any trade esp not one sending a player who has been a career starter

Sure, what do you think Drummond is worth then?
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,200

Post#8 » by BBallFreak » Mon Mar 1, 2021 12:41 am

Bentley1225 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:Unless Miami can sign Cousins, I can't see us doing this. We absolutely need a starting-caliber power player if Olynyk is going out. For our purposes, we'd prefer to have Igoudala going out...

Sure, I debated between sending Olynyk or Iggy to Cavs. I thought Iggy was a more valuable piece as this opens up a roster spot if the Heat want to add a guy like John Henson or Ersan Illyasova to replace Olynyk which I think they have enough room to do and stay just under tax threshold.

As much as I love Iggy, he's a situational player on the wing. Olynyk is a starter who spaces the floor for us. Take Iggy. Use his additional value to make it more palatable for Cleveland.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#9 » by Bentley1225 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 12:45 am

BBallFreak wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:

As much as I love Iggy, he's a situational player on the wing. Olynyk is a starter who spaces the floor for us. Take Iggy. Use his additional value to make it more palatable for Cleveland.

For sure as I would assume Iggy would negotiate a fair buyout from the Cavs as there would be demand for his situational services for VM from either Los Angeles team or even back to the Warriors.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#10 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 1, 2021 1:05 am

Bentley1225 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:lol I thought you were done with these Dre trades op... I cant see any reason for cle to take back multiple players just for some meh pick in any trade esp not one sending a player who has been a career starter

nothing..at least to a non contender that has no need of his services as a rental in a push for a ring NOW where giving up a late first is nothing and being in a situation to resign him if it works out without having a way to sign him in fa otherwise etc is worth the gamble. Now he is only worth cap space to most teams in these trade ideas and being brought in to help a non contender that lacks a rebounding presence with the chance to resign him easier than drawing him in FA if they like what they see isnt going to cost much but at least you need to find a high 2nd going to cle or they will just leave him in street clothes
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#11 » by Bentley1225 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 1:10 am

Stillwater wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:

nothing..at least to a non contender that has no need of his services as a rental in a push for a ring NOW where giving up a late first is nothing and being in a situation to resign him if it works out without having a way to sign him in fa otherwise etc is worth the gamble. Now he is only worth cap space to most teams in these trade ideas and being brought in to help a non contender that lacks a rebounding presence with the chance to resign him easier than drawing him in FA if they like what they see isnt going to cost much but at least you need to find a high 2nd going to cle or they will just leave him in street clothes

Sure, I dont think the Cavs have any leverage. Acquiring $6.8 million cap savings ($3.5 million in cash savings currently) + 2021 or 2022 2nd round pick is as good as it gets. I could see them getting a better 2nd round pick or a 2nd 2nd round pick if they took back the same or greater short term money relative to Drummonds $28.8 million cap hit but theyre limited given how close they sit to tax apron and they dont want to hold Drummond for a S&T in off-season because they dont want to arbitrarily take on salary for 2021-22.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#12 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 1, 2021 1:31 am

Bentley1225 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:

Sure, I dont think the Cavs have any leverage. Acquiring $6.8 million cap savings ($3.5 million in cash savings currently) + 2021 or 2022 2nd round pick is as good as it gets. I could see them getting a better 2nd round pick or a 2nd 2nd round pick if they took back the same or greater short term money relative to Drummonds $28.8 million cap hit but theyre limited given how close they sit to tax apron and they dont want to hold Drummond for a S&T in off-season because they dont want to arbitrarily take on salary for 2021-22.

well given they are sitting him its fairly clear they have no interest in hurrying any deal and just want to keep him injury free
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Apz » Mon Mar 1, 2021 1:37 am

Whats drummonds caphold this summer? Asking cause I dont see teams trading for his birdrights
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Apz » Mon Mar 1, 2021 1:43 am

From what i can see 150% wont work so will be as a10 year vet max, guess 37m or something? So is anyone gonna hold that caphold for a sub 10m worth player? Pretty sure he will be rekeased and going FA this summer whiever have him when tradewindow open
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,122

Post#15 » by jbk1234 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 2:29 am

Apz wrote:From what i can see 150% wont work so will be as a10 year vet max, guess 37m or something? So is anyone gonna hold that caphold for a sub 10m worth player? Pretty sure he will be rekeased and going FA this summer whiever have him when tradewindow open
If you're an over the cap team, or close, the cap hold doesn't really matter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#16 » by Resistance » Mon Mar 1, 2021 2:44 am

Cleveland

Cap Holds

Andre Drummond $33,724,200
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Apz » Mon Mar 1, 2021 2:54 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Apz wrote:From what i can see 150% wont work so will be as a10 year vet max, guess 37m or something? So is anyone gonna hold that caphold for a sub 10m worth player? Pretty sure he will be rekeased and going FA this summer whiever have him when tradewindow open

But in the oladipo thread someond said 20 teams would offer him a better deal, so guess atleast 20 teams isnt over the cap and it puts a dent in the fa plans?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,122

Post#18 » by jbk1234 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 2:58 am

Apz wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

But in the oladipo thread someond said 20 teams would offer him a better deal, so guess atleast 20 teams isnt over the cap and it puts a dent in the fa plans?
I mean you can always renounce the Bird rights if it's an issue, but the minute he signs a new deal that's his number.lp

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,765

Post#19 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Mar 1, 2021 3:13 am

ThatBoyNick wrote:Bad for Hou and Cle

Okay for MIA

Really good for Dal

I think you mean good for Cleveland -- they get a 2nd and insurance pays the Leonard money.
Great for Dallas--dumping Powell for 3 2nds is too cheap
Bad for Miami--better to use an asset than to take on Powell's money possibly costing them Robinson and definitely Nunn
Probably about correct value wise for Houston -- Dipo does not hold much value--but might as well just hold on to him and see if his market is soft.

But no way is this deal bad for Cleveland.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#20 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 1, 2021 3:32 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
ThatBoyNick wrote:Bad for Hou and Cle

Okay for MIA

Really good for Dal

I think you mean good for Cleveland -- they get a 2nd and insurance pays the Leonard money.
Great for Dallas--dumping Powell for 3 2nds is too cheap
Bad for Miami--better to use an asset than to take on Powell's money possibly costing them Robinson and definitely Nunn
Probably about correct value wise for Houston -- Dipo does not hold much value--but might as well just hold on to him and see if his market is soft.

But no way is this deal bad for Cleveland.

its not bad but it isnt motivation enough to do it either.
If thats the best offer they get I think they let him rot and try to s/t this summer

Return to Trades and Transactions