Cavs/Mavs/Heat/Rockets

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Re: Cavs/Mavs/Heat/Rockets 

Post#21 » by Apz » Mon Mar 1, 2021 3:39 am

But if u gonna snt him, u have to use his caphold, hiw much more u think u will get in a snt thats its worth lockinc up 30m of the cap? Why would drummond buy ibto a snt when he will know that there is no big payday coming that makes the birdrughts useful when he can choose where he can play and sort the terrain after a coach that got a plan for him?
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#22 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 1, 2021 3:47 am

Apz wrote:But if u gonna snt him, u have to use his caphold, hiw much more u think u will get in a snt thats its worth lockinc up 30m of the cap? Why would drummond buy ibto a snt when he will know that there is no big payday coming that makes the birdrughts useful when he can choose where he can play and sort the terrain after a coach that got a plan for him?

fair enough. imo they should just cut their losses and offer him the damn buyout. problem is I doubt he takes it.In fact I wouldnt be surprised if they havent already offered him one and hes not interested, at least not yet hoping to be traded instead.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#23 » by Apz » Mon Mar 1, 2021 3:53 am

Stillwater wrote:
Apz wrote:But if u gonna snt him, u have to use his caphold, hiw much more u think u will get in a snt thats its worth lockinc up 30m of the cap? Why would drummond buy ibto a snt when he will know that there is no big payday coming that makes the birdrughts useful when he can choose where he can play and sort the terrain after a coach that got a plan for him?

fair enough. imo they should just cut their losses and offer him the damn buyout. problem is I doubt he takes it.In fact I wouldnt be surprised if they havent already offered him one and hes not interested, at least not yet hoping to be traded instead.

Never understood players in american sports that is more intrested in money then winning. Every other sport in the wirld winning is prio 1. There is no way a serious player who already can live like a god on the mobey he made would wang to be traded vs buyout if it meant that the team trading for him had get a lot worse, abd have tge chance to just sign with, say nets or LAL this year, and get a free ride to a chance for a ring.

I fibd it mindblowing. Unless cavs try to **** him over with a realky bad buyout bid
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#24 » by Hoops23 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 3:55 am

I like Dipo a lot but Miami need a PF more. Heat has a load at SG.
It will be better for Miami to wait on Dipo in the off season to avoid getting Powel's contract.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#25 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 1, 2021 4:25 am

Apz wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

Never understood players in american sports that is more intrested in money then winning. Every other sport in the wirld winning is prio 1. There is no way a serious player who already can live like a god on the mobey he made would wang to be traded vs buyout if it meant that the team trading for him had get a lot worse, abd have tge chance to just sign with, say nets or LAL this year, and get a free ride to a chance for a ring.

I fibd it mindblowing. Unless cavs try to **** him over with a realky bad buyout bid

I think Dre is absolutely aware he wont get much in fa at this point so taking a buy out unless it is substantial is unnecessary risk and yes I think he is the last kind of person to chase rings but Im sure he will if thats all there is left for him
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#26 » by gom » Mon Mar 1, 2021 7:33 pm

Hoops23 wrote:I like Dipo a lot but Miami need a PF more. Heat has a load at SG.
It will be better for Miami to wait on Dipo in the off season to avoid getting Powel's contract.

Or skip Oladipo entirely, which would be best!
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,155

Post#27 » by jbk1234 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 7:38 pm

The Cavs will be an over the cap team. The cap hold is irrelevant. The moment he's signed and traded, the number is whatever would be coming back in terms of salary. Cap holds are only relevant to teams that have cap space to spend.

FWIW, I'm somewhat skeptical that there will be a S&T deal that would be agreeable to both parties this offseason. But stranger things have happened and it will cost the Cavs nothing to find out.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
ROXTXIA
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#28 » by ROXTXIA » Mon Mar 1, 2021 10:12 pm

Awful for Rockets. Oladipo is worth more than that; and why help Miami worsen the 1st rounder they will yield in this year's draft, given that if the Rockets don't land in the top 4, OKC gets to swap, and Houston will end up with Miami's pick?
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#29 » by Hoops23 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 10:55 pm

Read on Twitter
[list=][/list]
gom wrote:
Hoops23 wrote:I like Dipo a lot but Miami need a PF more. Heat has a load at SG.

Or skip Oladipo entirely, which would be best!

Yes, unless Nunn is traded for a need position
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 370

Post#30 » by Elnegron » Tue Mar 2, 2021 1:52 am

I don’t see Miami taking on Powell contract. Miami would rather trade Robinson Or Nunn for oladipo or wait in the summer than take on a bad contract to get him
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 370

Post#31 » by Elnegron » Tue Mar 2, 2021 1:55 am

ROXTXIA wrote:Awful for Rockets. Oladipo is worth more than that; and why help Miami worsen the 1st rounder they will yield in this year's draft, given that if the Rockets don't land in the top 4, OKC gets to swap, and Houston will end up with Miami's pick?

U really believe Miami will end in the bottom lol. The heat and their soft 2nd half schedule will have Us in top 10 around the league top 4 in the east barring injuries
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#32 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 3:04 am

ROXTXIA wrote:Awful for Rockets. Oladipo is worth more than that; and why help Miami worsen the 1st rounder they will yield in this year's draft, given that if the Rockets don't land in the top 4, OKC gets to swap, and Houston will end up with Miami's pick?

He's been bad for the Rockets with a ORTG of 98 and a TS% of 48%. Rockets won't get a 1st for him.

Return to Trades and Transactions