Make Your Best Offer! Rockets Vets For Picks/Assets

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Re: Make Your Best Offer! Rockets Vets For Picks/Assets 

Post#21 » by Xman » Mon Mar 1, 2021 6:10 pm

my clear it out combination of the above trades: see logic above. NY - That protected Dallas first and the rest of open NY cap space might be good price for Oladipo and McLemore. Seems like value for Wood is fair even though some will say he is untouchable (like OKC fans talking about Shai).

CHI gets - Wall, Wood, Irvy, Okafor
CHI gives - White, Carter, OPJ, Felicio, picks (CHI 2021 and 2023 top 3 protected; turns into 2nds if protected)
NY gets - Oladipo, McLemore
NY gives - Knox, Nti, picks (2023 NY 1st with top 10 protection)
DET gets - Gordon, Exum, Tucker, House
DET gives - Griffin, Sirvy, Okafor
HOU gets - Griffin, OPJ, Felicio, Nti, Know, White, Carter, picks (CHI 2021 and 2023 top 3 protected; turns into 2nds if protected, 2023 NY 1st with top 10 protection)
gives - Wood, Wall, Gordon, Exum, Tucker, House, Oladipo, McLemore

Trades with each team could be independently done. Fun to make it a big one.

Hou could follow up or blend in:
White and Carter to PHX for Saric (or Nader+Gallo), JSmith and five 2nds (2022-2026).
letsgorockets
Rookie
And1: 595

Post#22 » by letsgorockets » Mon Mar 1, 2021 6:11 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
letsgorockets wrote:
Xman wrote:What seems to be the range:

Oladipo: Hou looking for a couple of 1sts; Probably being offered one
Tucker: Hou looking for 3 2nds or a protected first; Probably being offered one 2nd.
House: A 2nd
SBrown: A 2nd
McLemore: A 2nd

Wood: Houston is loving this guy. Teams might want to steal him on the cheap but the price has gotten high. Houston would require at least 3 firsts, maybe more.

EGordon: Has been playing well but does not fit into a rebuild. Houston would love to add a couple of 2nds to dump him - but it will cost more than that.

Wall: Stuck with him for another year, probably two.
Does your assessment of Gordon's value rest on the false premise he has 3 years left? Because his 3rd year isn't guaranteed, and based on the criteria to guarantee it (2023 non-guaranteed, fully guaranteed for All-Star team or 500 min (reg)/750 (reg/playoffs) + HOU Championship is the exact language) that it absolutely won't guarantee? So if that's your objective value to dump the next two, not 3, seasons of Gordon I'd disagree. I think he could be dumped for expirings attached to non rotational players, or at worst for a couple 2nds.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using RealGM mobile app

To me the trouble is the 33% 3 point shooting, the 18m he's owed for that level of production next year, and the 19m he's owed the year after. He's still a substantial negative even with his fourth year unguaranteed.
Never said he's a positive value, he's not. However for a team that could use some scoring off the bench, who doesn't have any designs on snagging a star in free agency this offseason or next, could use him. I expect nothing more than shorter, smaller (expiring would be great) contracts in return regardless if the talent it's attached to. I would even be amenable to giving up a second round pick or two. I don't think that's unreasonable.

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#23 » by LloydFree » Mon Mar 1, 2021 7:06 pm

76ers: In Victor Oladipo, Bruno Fernando (into 1.9m trade exemption)

Houston: In 76ers '21 1st round pick, Tyrese Maxey, Mike Scott and Tony Snell.

Atlanta: In 76ers own '21 2nd round pick, Terrance Ferguson, Vincent Porier and Tony Bradley. 3 million in cash.

Why for 76ers: consolidate wasted salary. Improve starting lineup, adding Oladipo, extend bench by moving Green or Curry out of starting lineup.

Why for Rockets: Adds pick and prospect for a pending free agent, and only take on expiring contracts

Why for Hawks: Add 2nd rounder and cash and give up two players they're not using, without adding salary.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
letsgorockets
Rookie

Post#24 » by letsgorockets » Mon Mar 1, 2021 7:34 pm

LloydFree wrote:76ers: In Victor Oladipo, Bruno Fernando (into 1.9m trade exemption)

Atlanta: In 76ers own '21 2nd round pick, Terrance Ferguson, Vincent Porier and Tony Bradley. 3 million in cash.

Why for 76ers: consolidate wasted salary. Improve starting lineup, adding Oladipo, extend bench by moving Green or Curry out of starting lineup.

Why for Rockets: Adds pick and prospect for a pending free agent, and only take on expiring contracts

Why for Hawks: Add 2nd rounder and cash and give up two players they're not using, without adding salary.
I'd take that deal for Houston.

LloydFree
RealGM

Post#25 » by LloydFree » Mon Mar 1, 2021 8:16 pm

letsgorockets wrote:
LloydFree wrote:76ers: In Victor Oladipo, Bruno Fernando (into 1.9m trade exemption)

I'd take that deal for Houston.

Great. Then throw in Mclemore, so you don't have to cut so many players to take in those 3. The 76ers have another trade exception available.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,219

Post#26 » by amcoolio » Mon Mar 1, 2021 8:20 pm

Hornets 2021 first for Jarrett Allen. Oh wait.... :(

I think there's a 50% chance Hornets trade for PJ Tucker.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#27 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Mar 1, 2021 8:31 pm

SNPA wrote:
vxmike wrote:
SNPA wrote:Posted it before but a Wall/Wood package for 2021 first and a Buddy/expirings would be interesting. If McNair doesn’t see a franchise altering player at 6-14 then this starts looking good. Wood is young enough to be on the Fox timeline and a Fox/Hali/Wall backcourt is a problem for other teams.

Why would Sac give up a first and take on Wall’s albatross deal just for Wood? Buddy can probably be given away or dumped with minimal incentive if desired.

Wall is back and playing well with two years left on his deal after this season. He isn’t an albatross anymore, he is expensive but an upgrade over Buddy. And Wood is a good fit for the King’s. Have to stop losing at some point to change the culture.

I agree with Mike. Wall is playing decent basketball, but hes still getting paid 41, 44, and 47 million the next 3 years. On the open market hes probably worth 20, maybe 25 at the very most. That makes him an albatross.

Id probably bite on Wall/Wood for Buddy, Parker, Bjelica, Joseph and just say F it. But i'm certainly not giving up anything of value to make this happen.

Houstons cheap owner Cuts Wall's contract in half and begins a rebuild from scratch.

Kings take on lots of bad money to try and change the culture.

Guards - Fox, Wall, Haliburton
Wings - Barnes, Jeffries, 2021 1st round pick
Bigs - Bagley, Holmes, Wood

This team is capped out, but its at least competitive. We can look to draft a wing with our 1st round pick. Shoot for the playoffs next year.
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#28 » by kingcong95 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 8:31 pm

Sixers counteroffer with Milton instead of Maxey, whom they didn't even want to give up for Harden. Either way, they create 3 roster spots and can feast on the buyout market.

Rockets have TPEs for Milton (created by Bell) and Scott (created by Harden), leaving them with a 9M TPE for Oladipo.

Hawks get a 2M TPE for Snell and will probably cut any or all of the guys they get here. They traded up with the Sixers for Fernando and that does not seem to have paid off at all. Would the Sixers even value Fernando at a guaranteed 2nd? They might prefer to give the Hawks the partial Miami 2024 pick they have (56-60), of which the Hawks own another portion (51-55).

The Rockets and Hawks each have one guy too many after this trade, and might just ask the Sixers to take them.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#29 » by LloydFree » Mon Mar 1, 2021 8:44 pm

kingcong95 wrote:

Sixers counteroffer with Milton instead of Maxey, whom they didn't even want to give up for Harden. Either way, they create 3 roster spots and can feast on the buyout market.

Rockets have TPEs for Milton (created by Bell) and Scott (created by Harden), leaving them with a 9M TPE for Oladipo.

Hawks get a 2M TPE for Snell and will probably cut any or all of the guys they get here. They traded up with the Sixers for Fernando and that does not seem to have paid off at all. Would the Sixers even value Fernando at a guaranteed 2nd? They might prefer to give the Hawks the partial Miami 2024 pick they have (56-60), of which the Hawks own another portion (51-55).

The Rockets and Hawks each have one guy too many after this trade, and might just ask the Sixers to take them.

May seem extreme, but I wouldn't do the deal, if it was Shake Milton instead of Maxey, and definitely not with a 1st round pick attached. That's way too much for an unrestricted free agent coming off an injury.
ROXTXIA
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#30 » by ROXTXIA » Mon Mar 1, 2021 8:58 pm

LloydFree wrote:
kingcong95 wrote:

May seem extreme, but I wouldn't do the deal, if it was Shake Milton instead of Maxey, and definitely not with a 1st round pick attached. That's way too much for an unrestricted free agent coming off an injury.

You can bet Morey wouldn't pull the trigger if Oladipo didn't agree to a "pre-nup (extension).
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#31 » by chrbal » Mon Mar 1, 2021 10:13 pm

Pj tucker to the Knicks for Kevin Knox and the Knicks 2022 2nd. Obviously if a better offer is presented do that.

Why for Knicks. Pj playing for thibedeau just seems like a natural fit.

Why for rockets. Knox seems like a player who needs a new team to take a chance on him. Rockets get a project and a 2nd for moving tucker.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#32 » by NYG » Tue Mar 2, 2021 1:03 am

chrbal wrote:Pj tucker to the Knicks for Kevin Knox and the Knicks 2022 2nd. Obviously if a better offer is presented do that.

Why for rockets. Knox seems like a player who needs a new team to take a chance on him. Rockets get a project and a 2nd for moving tucker.

I could see it. If Houston's ownership prefers the cap savings over Knox, I would cut Brazdeikis for the roster spot and just trade the pick for Tucker.
letsgorockets
Rookie

Post#33 » by letsgorockets » Tue Mar 2, 2021 1:14 am

NYG wrote:
chrbal wrote:Pj tucker to the Knicks for Kevin Knox and the Knicks 2022 2nd. Obviously if a better offer is presented do that.

I could see it. If Houston's ownership prefers the cap savings over Knox, I would cut Brazdeikis for the roster spot and just trade the pick for Tucker.
I could see Houston taking a swing on Knox. They're not going anywhere this year anyway, why not roll the dice on someone young enough to maybe still have something in a new? Basically a lower ceiling, lower risk version of taking KPJ.

chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#34 » by chrbal » Tue Mar 2, 2021 1:21 am

NYG wrote:

I figured Houston would want a player back to take a look at. Figured with pj going to New York, Kevin’s role gets even further lowered. While pj seems like someone who could stay with the Knicks.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,072

Post#35 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 1:21 am

supertruck97 wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Best case scenario :
- Tucker 1-20 protected FRP (two 2nd)
- Oladipo : 1 lotto FRP & a decent contract coming back (or expiring)
- House Jr : Two 2nd (he's struggling but his contract is pretty good)

No way they trade Wall right now, maybe next season if he's still healthy.

Gordon gonna stay for a while as well.

I agree with most of these valuations. I don't Oladipo necessarily needs a lotto pick coming back. Something expected to fall in the 15-20 range would probably be sufficient as long as Houston doesn't have to eat any future bad money to get that.

I don't understand why people keep trying to add Wood to Wall. Houston has no interest in trading their one "Centerpiece" young player to be off of Wall's contract....

I meant a lotto protected FRP, sorry :)

Agree that there's no reason to try to trade Wall or Wood (except if a team is willing to overpay for Wood)
Xman
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by Xman » Tue Mar 2, 2021 1:21 am

Rox would probably prefer cap savings at this point.

Instead of giving up Wood to move Wall, Rox would probably add picks. The LAC trade rumored a month ago would help both (Wall+Mc for Morris, LWill, PBev and other salary - Hou would add a pick, maybe POR or DET or both). LAC would look strong (if entire unit is healthy) - PGeorge, Kawhi, Ibaka, Wall, Batum (the weak link at pf) - with PPat, Mc, Kennard, RJack as second unit.
NYG
RealGM

Post#37 » by NYG » Tue Mar 2, 2021 1:22 am

Again, I would not do this, but I'm betting Thibs convinces the team to overpay a bit and offers Frank + Lower of '21 Mavs/Knicks 1st for Oladipo.

I mean the on court upgrade from Frank to Oladipo is pretty significant and even taking the homer out of it, I could see New York being on the handful of teams that have a shot at convincing him not to go to Miami if they got a pre-free agency shot at it, but that's more the reason why I see Thibs selling himself on it than the reason to do it. He basically would think himself and Leon Rose could not only make the playoffs this year which means at worst they lose a mid-first round pick, but they could also retain Oladipo this summer using his bird rights and use the additional $25-30 Million in cap space to really put some talent around Quickley, Toppin, Randle, Barrett, '21 1st and Oladipo.

I personally think just being patient is the best bet. We're not in need of moves that bring you from Point B to Point A like adding Oladipo or Beal because we're still trying to get from Point C to Point B. I would like to see us slowly grow into our version of seeing the Steph Warriors and KD/Russ Thunder grow up together before our version of KD to the Steph Warriors.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,072

Post#38 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 1:25 am

no way the Sixers would trade Maxey for Oladipo. Maxey has more trade value than Oladipo.

Also no idea how the Sixers would be able to pay Embiid/Simmons/Harris/Oladipo...
Xman
Assistant Coach

Post#39 » by Xman » Tue Mar 2, 2021 1:25 am

I think Wood is worth more to Rox than most will give. Th one exception I have come up with is OKC. A Shai/Wood tandem would be scary - and both are cheap for now. Give OKC two more years to addpieces and then sign big free agents before upping their salaries.
OKC is not giving up that 2021 Rox pick - at least until after picks are set and values determined. But, HOU could try to get those 2024 and 2026 1sts back (top 4 protected), the 2025 swap negted (top 10 protected), and maybe a little more.
NYG
RealGM

Post#40 » by NYG » Tue Mar 2, 2021 1:34 am

Xman wrote:I think Wood is worth more to Rox than most will give. Th one exception I have come up with is OKC. A Shai/Wood tandem would be scary - and both are cheap for now. Give OKC two more years to addpieces and then sign big free agents before upping their salaries.
OKC is not giving up that 2021 Rox pick - at least until after picks are set and values determined. But, HOU could try to get those 2024 and 2026 1sts back (top 4 protected), the 2025 swap negted (top 10 protected), and maybe a little more.

The concept is interesting... How would OKC fans feel about it?

Return to Trades and Transactions