Who is saying no? Porzingis for Lowry?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who Says No?

Neither
11%
Raptors
39%
Mavericks
50%

Total votes: 44

Couch Potato
Rookie
And1: 222

Re: Who is saying no? Porzingis for Lowry? 

Post#21 » by Couch Potato » Mon Mar 1, 2021 6:30 am

Kp is injuryprone yet. Give him away for free? He has a contract yet that's not nice if not healthy.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#22 » by Apz » Mon Mar 1, 2021 6:41 am

Couch Potato wrote:Kp is injuryprone yet. Give him away for free? He has a contract yet that's not nice if not healthy.

Healthy enough. Only need those 50 games at right time. And he is healthy, its not like he got some disease like kembas knees, or the milage of horford or lowrys 15 + years in the league. And its not like he is on some supermax, its about what horford/drummond makes atm and what a guy like oladipo probably get from some sorry team in the summer
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#23 » by TD2FutureStar » Mon Mar 1, 2021 9:06 am

I think value wise it's fair for both sides. I can see arguments for and against it on both sides.

Ultimately I don't see this deal happening unless Dallas gets assurance that Lowry will re-sign if they load the brinks truck for him. Likewise I think Toronto would need to do a deep exploration into KP medical files and assess whether his knees are worth the risk. Dallas trading him for an aging vet is a major red flag not to be taken lightly.
Zan Tabacco
Senior
And1: 281

Post#24 » by Zan Tabacco » Mon Mar 1, 2021 10:36 am

Godaddycurse wrote:In addition to the health and defense issue, acquiring porzingis may make us lose Powell to FA (if we want to avoid the tax), so i voted raptors say no

No that's not true. It's probably very close, but they can easily make it under. Can't see Norm making more than $22 million. Even then that's a really high number. He's not getting a bigger deal than Vanvleet from any team. There's still plenty of room to work with in that scenario.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,564

Post#25 » by jpengland » Mon Mar 1, 2021 11:48 am

I love the Lowry fit but would need a commitment before making the deal.

If I can do that and then swing Powell and Johnson for Horford or similar then I probably pull the trigger.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,564

Post#26 » by jpengland » Mon Mar 1, 2021 11:48 am

I love the Lowry fit but would need a commitment before making the deal.

If I can do that and then swing Powell and Johnson for Horford or similar then I probably pull the trigger.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,536

Post#27 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Mar 1, 2021 1:19 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
I don't need a deal for a center to do this. I would like to see a deal for another big, but I'd simply replace KP in the lineup with Lowry and move Maxi/DFS to the 5/4 respectively. And to sell Lowry on the trade, I'd get word to his agent that his 2/$60M contract demand is not a problem assuming he fits as well as I expect and suffers no major injury.

Think Lowry might be best fa to hit market. Think whoever trades for him would have to guarantee a 3 or 4 year deal to keep him.

I'm going with the published reports of what he's said to be looking for. I don't see a team going 4 years. I'd go 3, but not at $30M per and that last year wouldn't be fully gtd either.

Published reports were from Pompey, who is very hit or miss.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,035

Post#28 » by daoneandonly » Mon Mar 1, 2021 1:22 pm

If the deal included Boucher, I would do it for the Mavs. Boucher is probably the only C skinnier than KP, but seems to be a better lob threat and defender, and someone who knows his role more. Not sure if Tor would be interested, but I'd imagine he's more expendable if KP were coming in. The question si what would the cost be? Dallas shouldnt be willing to give up any more firsts, or even recent picks Green/Terry given Boucher isnt all that young himself.

Three way with Orl? KP/Birch to Tor, Lowry/Boucher to Dal, Burke to Orl? Something to that effect, not sure

Not sure why multiple posters have mentioned Horford, He really is not the direction Dal should be thinking
Kordic27
Analyst
And1: 3,284

Post#29 » by Kordic27 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 2:25 pm

One more even minor injury and Dallas'll be attaching assets to get off KPs contract. No way I want a diminishing, injury prone, $30 dollar bad attitude on the Raps.
Trusted Ujiri Watcher
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#30 » by LloydFree » Mon Mar 1, 2021 2:29 pm

Ujiri is too good to make a mistake like this. Toronto says no.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,292

Post#31 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Mar 1, 2021 2:48 pm

Zan Tabacco wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:In addition to the health and defense issue, acquiring porzingis may make us lose Powell to FA (if we want to avoid the tax), so i voted raptors say no

No that's not true. It's probably very close, but they can easily make it under. Can't see Norm making more than $22 million. Even then that's a really high number. He's not getting a bigger deal than Vanvleet from any team. There's still plenty of room to work with in that scenario.

Porzingis 31
Siakam 31
OG 16
FVV 19
Powell 18?
Boucher 7

That is 122M already. 15M to fill out rest of bench? Good luck on that
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#32 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Mar 1, 2021 3:36 pm

Dallas should say no here, Toronto gets back probably the best I've seen for Lowry on here. Yes Porzingis has injury scares but if he didn't Toronto wouldn't get even close to this. I don't think we do any deal involving Boucher plus Lowry for Porzingis and guys like Brunson. Boucher has shown he's an ideal fit for this team his shot blocking ability especially closing out on three point attempts is invaluable. He's the only player with 50 blocked threes and 50 blocks plus is shooting a very percentage from three
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,828

Post#33 » by Duffman100 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 3:44 pm

I think both say no. Mavericks are invested in KP and I don't think the Raps want to lock up money in a guy who plays 40-50 games a season.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,807

Post#34 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Mar 1, 2021 3:55 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:Think Lowry might be best fa to hit market. Think whoever trades for him would have to guarantee a 3 or 4 year deal to keep him.

I'm going with the published reports of what he's said to be looking for. I don't see a team going 4 years. I'd go 3, but not at $30M per and that last year wouldn't be fully gtd either.

That's fine. It's been my number before the report anyway, but wanted to provide some context for the figure.

But I'm confident it won't take 4 years and I'd be really surprised at 3 too.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
User_denied
Freshman
And1: 86

Post#35 » by User_denied » Mon Mar 1, 2021 3:58 pm

Apz wrote:
NYG wrote:
Apz wrote:Mavs say no. KP is locked up for years, lowry walks this summer. It would be giving KP away which never will happen

I think adding Horford and Lowry type vets could really get Dallas back in the swing of things and why would Lowry leave?

Newsflash. They are back in things. They are running again after the corona outbreak, is what? 8-2 last 10 or something?

What makes u think a 35(36?) year old horford is more reliable then KP, when he already has fallen off a cliff last 2 seasons? Why would lowry leave? Whh would he stay? He will take the biggest offer this summer, got a caphold of what, 40m? Or he will go back to toronto on the cheap. Wouldnt surprise me if knicks offered him 30m, I wouldnt pay more then 10 and that for 1 year since we dont know what he will look like. And after next season luka gets his 30m+ contract, and there u sit with 2 almist 40 year olds with luka at 90m+ of the capspace and both of them can look worse the dwight **** powell does atm.

Sounds like a plan if u hate luka and want him to demand a trade. I wouldbt blame him. Would burn down the AAC probably, and cuban would be ran out out of texas with pitchforks, but whatever. Cuban is too smart to fo something like that

Okay, if you value Lowry at $10 million a year I understand why your not making this trade. I also understand that you have not watched him enough.
I'm not trying to be snarky or attack you but I have to believe that some part of you knows that is a laughable amount of dollar value for him.
The key is not the ‘will to win’… everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#36 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Mon Mar 1, 2021 4:06 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

That's fine. It's been my number before the report anyway, but wanted to provide some context for the figure.

My thinking is everybody in the lg would be willing to offer 2 /60 to Lowry. Think the market already at 3 years unless he falls off a cliff between now and the playoffs.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,807

Post#37 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Mar 1, 2021 4:13 pm

kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

My thinking is everybody in the lg would be willing to offer 2 /60 to Lowry. Think the market already at 3 years unless he falls off a cliff between now and the playoffs.

1st, not many teams would be able to offer that. Raptors(or team he's traded to) and a handful of others. Not all of those cap space teams will make him a priority either.

Could be a S&T but its hard to see the Raptors taking back unwanted money and its hard to see a team pony up a good asset and paying Lowry a giant contract. If they are going to do that then trade for him now and get that extra playoff run.

I do think he will have a market. I love him. But not at 4 years.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,536

Post#38 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Mar 1, 2021 4:24 pm

I think he gets one of those partial guarantees on year 3. But I think it is under 30m a year, more like 3/80 with 10m gtd in year 3 of a 25m contract for that year (declining deal).
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#39 » by Billl » Mon Mar 1, 2021 4:27 pm

I think you need a 4th option - both say no. I don't think the value is far off - Just a bad fit in both directions.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#40 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Mon Mar 1, 2021 4:31 pm

If Raptors willing to trade him in season, would be hard find 30 milling in expering and assets. I don't think S&T if off the table for them.

Return to Trades and Transactions