Bulls/raptors/76ers/Cavs blockbuster

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Bulls/raptors/76ers/Cavs blockbuster 

Post#1 » by scottyg » Mon Mar 1, 2021 2:42 pm

76ers trade -
- Tobias Harris
- Terrance Ferguson
- Tony Bradley
- Vincent Porieir
- 2021 1st rd pick ( top 18 protected)

76ers get -
- Kyle Lowery
- Thad Young
- Denzel Valentine

Why? They make their push with Lowry and add some depth and get Thad young who would look great with this team, opens up lots of cap room for the future also and keep their young guys !

Cavs trade -
-Andre Drummond

Cavs get -
- Otto Porter
- Vincent Porieir
- future 2nd from Chicago

Why ? Take a flier on Otto getting healthy and help balance the team

Raptors trade -
- Kyle Lowry
- Aaron Baynes

Raptors get -
- Andre Drummond
- Tony Bradley
- Terrance Ferguson
- Chandler Hutchison
- 2021 1st rd pick via phi ( top 18 protected)

Why? They get some younger players and draft capital and also take a flier on Drummond and grab a draft pick

Bulls trade -
- Thad Young
- Otto Porter
- Denzel Valentine
Future 2nd rd pick

Bulls get -
- Tobias Harris
- Aaron Baynes

Why the bulls get another proven scorer in Harris and I like the fit of him and Pat Williams at the forwards spots and move Markannen to the 6th man with Baynes who adds some toughness and size now we just need a PG like Rubio or trade Laurie for lonzo !
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Re: Bulls/raptors/76ers/Cavs blockbuster 

Post#2 » by BullyKing » Mon Mar 1, 2021 2:54 pm

scottyg wrote:76ers trade -
- Tobias Harris
- Terrance Ferguson
- Tony Bradley
- Vincent Porieir
- 2021 1st rd pick ( top 18 protected)

76ers get -
- Kyle Lowery
- Thad Young
- Denzel Valentine

Why? They make their push with Lowry and add some depth and get Thad young who would look great with this team, opens up lots of cap room for the future also and keep their young guys !

The Sixers are obviously not doing this but can you go into more detail about how Thad Young and his 23% 3 point shooting would look great on the Sixers?
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#3 » by ChettheJet » Mon Mar 1, 2021 2:54 pm

The Bulls make out with the only player hanging around while everybody else just shuffles their expiring contracts. Harris and Williams would be a formidable front court as PW improves even if Harris slows a step.

CLE gets bailed out from Drummond with a 2nd

PHIL gambles on winning it all this year and having to reset next year whether they do or not. If their young guys were worth keeping for more money they wouldn't be bringing in Lowey for a one shot chance to win it

TOR seems to take a step back this year for the pick.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#4 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Mar 1, 2021 3:07 pm

Oof Philly gets taken to the woodshed here. No way to do they swap Harris for Thad Young. Bulls are stealing massive amounts of value here. Toronto gets Drummond who they can probably sign in the free agency market and a bunch of underwhelming players. Terrance Ferguson is probably out of the league after a year he's just not that good, Tony Bradley is very mediocre at best and the draft pick does not help bridge the gap. This isn't easy no from Toronto the only team that would do this to Chicago all the other teams say no maybe Cleveland says yes to see if Otto Porter can somehow fit with their group of guys
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
scottyg
Rookie

Post#5 » by scottyg » Mon Mar 1, 2021 4:02 pm

It’s actually Harris for Lowry, and scrubs for Thad young and also a max contract opened up for next year, and if your only looking at Youngs 3 pt % for the year then you haven’t been paying attention to the how good he is playing, check his offensive and defensive impact in the game ! His role on offense with playmaking is huge and his defense is huge, ultimate role player and leader and yes he would look great off the bench helping give Lowry and Simmons a break,
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,143

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 4:09 pm

ChettheJet wrote:The Bulls make out with the only player hanging around while everybody else just shuffles their expiring contracts. Harris and Williams would be a formidable front court as PW improves even if Harris slows a step.

CLE gets bailed out from Drummond with a 2nd

PHIL gambles on winning it all this year and having to reset next year whether they do or not. If their young guys were worth keeping for more money they wouldn't be bringing in Lowey for a one shot chance to win it

TOR seems to take a step back this year for the pick.

The irony is that I don't see the Cavs taking back Poirier because this trade would put them back in, or really close to, the tax. The Cavs aren't looking to get *bailed out* of Drummond's expiring deal anymore than the Bulls are looking to get *bailed out* of OPJ's expiring deal.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#7 » by BullyKing » Mon Mar 1, 2021 4:15 pm

scottyg wrote:It’s actually Harris for Lowry, and scrubs for Thad young and also a max contract opened up for next year, and if your only looking at Youngs 3 pt % for the year then you haven’t been paying attention to the how good he is playing, check his offensive and defensive impact in the game ! His role on offense with playmaking is huge and his defense is huge, ultimate role player and leader and yes he would look great off the bench helping give Lowry and Simmons a break,

But the Sixers can afford to acquire Lowry without involving Harris - who has played at a near all-star level this year. So it is Harris for Thad Young and it makes no sense to trade him for a bench player who would be an awful fit with the starters.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
scottyg
Rookie

Post#8 » by scottyg » Mon Mar 1, 2021 6:14 pm

Yea they could but then they have 0 bench and 1 Injury away, u can get all those veterans to resign for cheap with cap room to sign a major player if they don’t win this year and keep depth which is huge with this covid! I would throw Markannen to the Sixers if they gave the bulls Thybulle or maxey in the deal if thay helps, I’m a bulls fan first and a 76ers fan 2nd so I watch both teams a lot and want both to win so I thought trade benefited all teams for this year and the future !
doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Post#9 » by doctor him » Mon Mar 1, 2021 7:24 pm

scottyg wrote:Yea they could but then they have 0 bench and 1 Injury away, u can get all those veterans to resign for cheap with cap room to sign a major player if they don’t win this year and keep depth which is huge with this covid! I would throw Markannen to the Sixers if they gave the bulls Thybulle or maxey in the deal if thay helps, I’m a bulls fan first and a 76ers fan 2nd so I watch both teams a lot and want both to win so I thought trade benefited all teams for this year and the future !

This is going to be a hard pass from every Sixers fan (I'm guessing), including me.

The goal for the Sixers is to add 1 more player who can make a difference in their playoff rotation.

This deal subtracts 1 to add 1 who is 7 years older.

We all know that a perimeter creator who can run the offense when Simmons is resting and can play with Simmons while defending the point is what they Sixers need. But to subtract Harris to do it is a non-starter based on his play and the team's overall play this season.

And to reply to another post here...the rationale of this kind of deal opening a "max slot" for the Sixers is ludicrous because they wouldn't be able to realistically sign a better player/fit than Harris on the open market. So why even do it?
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#10 » by pr0gr4m » Mon Mar 1, 2021 8:37 pm

Raptors say no.

Return to Trades and Transactions