Knicks/Pelicans/Celtics

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

David_James915
Ballboy
And1: 3

Knicks/Pelicans/Celtics 

Post#1 » by David_James915 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 8:53 pm

Knicks Receive: SG JJ Redick

Celtics Receive: PG Elfrid Payton and G Austin Rivers

Pelicans Receive: PG Jeff Teague, G Romeo Langford and Utah's 2023 2nd Round Pick (via NYK)

Why?

Knicks: They add much needed shooting. Elfrid becomes expendable with the way Rose and Quickly are playing and Frank Ntlikina has been great off the bench since returning.

Celtics: Boston gets themselves much needed backcourt depth and players who have shown to be plenty capable of handling not only decent minutes, but running an offense as well.

Pelicans: New Orleans rids themselves of someone who doesn't want to be there in Redick and gets a young player in return in Langford and a future 2nd round pick. They can also look to flip Teague at the deadline as well if a team is desperate for a point guard.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,766

Re: Knicks/Pelicans/Celtics 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Mar 1, 2021 9:16 pm

I don't hate this. My biggest issue though is Boston dipping into the TPE for very marginal upgrades. I think they have to pass on taking on the extra money and cutting into the TPE.

Might should just cut them out and deal direct. Not quite as good a deal for the Pels at that point, but Redick doesn't hold much value either.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#3 » by Knickfan1982 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 9:16 pm

David_James915 wrote:Knicks Receive: SG JJ Redick

Celtics Receive: PG Elfrid Payton and G Austin Rivers

Pelicans Receive: PG Jeff Teague, G Romeo Langford and Utah's 2023 2nd Round Pick (via NYK)

Why?

Knicks: They add much needed shooting. Elfrid becomes expendable with the way Rose and Quickly are playing and Frank Ntlikina has been great off the bench since returning.

Celtics: Boston gets themselves much needed backcourt depth and players who have shown to be plenty capable of handling not only decent minutes, but running an offense as well.

Pelicans: New Orleans rids themselves of someone who doesn't want to be there in Redick and gets a young player in return in Langford and a future 2nd round pick. They can also look to flip Teague at the deadline as well if a team is desperate for a point guard.

I am entirely ok with the deal for the Knicks.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,873

Post#4 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Mar 1, 2021 11:32 pm

Celtics value Langford a lot. Definitely wouldn’t give him up for Payton, Rivers or both.

No value for the Celtics. Should just be a NY/NO trade

Return to Trades and Transactions