Fred for LaVine

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Fred for LaVine 

Post#1 » by pr0gr4m » Mon Mar 1, 2021 9:22 pm

LaVine hypothetically wants out. He is sick of Chicago and losing.

Fred is from Rockford. Basically label him hometown hero.

Straight swap who says no?

Which side needs to add more value?

FVV is better all around while Zach is an all offense, little defense guy.

FVV is the career winner while Zach has been a career loser.

Zach has better stats while FVV has worse stats.

Carter
Markken
Porter
White
FVV

Siakam
OG
Powell
LaVine
Lowry

Does this work?
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Re: Fred for LaVine 

Post#2 » by gobullschi » Mon Mar 1, 2021 9:27 pm

Chicago easily says no.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,824

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Mar 1, 2021 9:30 pm

I'm a huge Fred guy. I'm well known as the board's biggest LaVine skeptic. I would rather have FVV on my team than LaVine.

But Toronto has to add real value here. I wouldn't do it, but I think the league values LaVine meaningfully more than FVV even if I do not.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 9:41 pm

I don't think the Bulls consider this without draft capital attached. LaVine isn't playing alongside of Siakam, OG, Powell, or Lowry. I think Lowry is already fading so I'd rank him fourth on that list but I'm not sure there's another Bulls player on the roster who presently adds as much on-the-court value as Lowry. If the Bulls do this swap, it's back to the bottom and I just don't see them doing that.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#5 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Mar 1, 2021 10:37 pm

LaVine does not want out of Chicago. Chicago says no.
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by pr0gr4m » Mon Mar 1, 2021 10:54 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I don't think the Bulls consider this without draft capital attached. LaVine isn't playing alongside of Siakam, OG, Powell, or Lowry. I think Lowry is already fading so I'd rank him fourth on that list but I'm not sure there's another Bulls player on the roster who presently adds as much on-the-court value as Lowry. If the Bulls do this swap, it's back to the bottom and I just don't see them doing that.

What if it's Fred and OG for LaVine and Otto Porter?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 10:59 pm

pr0gr4m wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I don't think the Bulls consider this without draft capital attached. LaVine isn't playing alongside of Siakam, OG, Powell, or Lowry. I think Lowry is already fading so I'd rank him fourth on that list but I'm not sure there's another Bulls player on the roster who presently adds as much on-the-court value as Lowry. If the Bulls do this swap, it's back to the bottom and I just don't see them doing that.

That I might consider if I were the Bulls.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,824

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Mar 1, 2021 11:00 pm

pr0gr4m wrote:

massive overcorrection.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 11:29 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:

massive overcorrection.

I disagree. I think it depends on how you value OG's trade value on his extension. I have it as good but not great. I'm also not sure that the Raptors want to lock themselves into that roster after they pay Powell with very little wiggle room going forward.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#10 » by gobullschi » Mon Mar 1, 2021 11:31 pm

pr0gr4m wrote:

Bulls need quality over quantity. Still a no from Chicago.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,296

Post#11 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Mar 1, 2021 11:36 pm

pr0gr4m wrote:

Thats illegal (too much incoming salary to raptors) and a terrible deal for raptors
SmokeyPaw
Starter
And1: 1,163

Post#12 » by SmokeyPaw » Mon Mar 1, 2021 11:43 pm

pr0gr4m wrote:

Think thats an overpay by Toronto.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,733

Post#13 » by BoyzNTheHood » Mon Mar 1, 2021 11:59 pm

gobullschi wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:

What does this even mean? OG Anunoby isn't just a throw in. His addition makes the deal too sweet for Chicago.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#14 » by gobullschi » Tue Mar 2, 2021 12:01 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:What if it's Fred and OG for LaVine and Otto Porter?

What does this even mean? OG Anunoby isn't just a throw in. His addition makes the deal too sweet for Chicago.

It means the Bulls would rather have the best player in the deal, than move him for 2 lower quality players.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,733

Post#15 » by BoyzNTheHood » Tue Mar 2, 2021 12:02 am

gobullschi wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

It means the Bulls would rather have the best player in the deal, than move him for 2 lower quality players.

If you read the OP you would realize that this deal is based on Lavine hypothetically wanting out of Chicago.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,652

Post#16 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 12:11 am

There is a pretty big value gap between the two. Also its pretty disingenuous to say FVV is a career winner while LaVine is a career loser. Last time I checked, LaVine has never gotten to play alongside Kawhi/Siakam/Lowry. Lets see LaVine has gotten to play with KAT/Wiggins, then Lauri/Otto Porter? Not really a fair comparison there.

TOR would have to include a good amount of draft assets to make this swap work.
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by pr0gr4m » Tue Mar 2, 2021 12:33 am

So FVV alone is too little. With OG too much. How about Powell and FVV?
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#18 » by gobullschi » Tue Mar 2, 2021 12:38 am

I think any deal for LaVine would need to include Siakom.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#19 » by DroseReturnChi » Tue Mar 2, 2021 12:51 am

fred,og,picks.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#20 » by mademan » Tue Mar 2, 2021 12:54 am

Lavine is considered a lot more valuable, to the point where it's completely counterproductive for the raps to create a package and stay competitive.

Return to Trades and Transactions