Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 3.0

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 3.0 

Post#21 » by AingesBurner » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:23 am

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Oh I'll just say it, teams should be going after him over Drummond or LMA.

Utah should take a look at him.
Ingles is cooked.
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,407

Post#22 » by Blazinaway » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:10 pm

so should POR
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,172

Post#23 » by jbk1234 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:06 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

This is an overreaction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,830

Post#24 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:32 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

This is an overreaction.

Disagree. He provides the spacing of an LMA but is much less of a defensive liability and he will accept whatever role a team needs him to play. Drummond's focus is going to be getting paid next year plus he's just so bad at both ends and LMA is a defensive liability.

Dieng is the best option for a team trying to win a title, no question about it.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by jbk1234 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:08 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

This is an overreaction.

Disagree. He provides the spacing of an LMA but is much less of a defensive liability and he will accept whatever role a team needs him to play. Drummond's focus is going to be getting paid next year plus he's just so bad at both ends and LMA is a defensive liability.

Dieng is the best option for a team trying to win a title, no question about it.
Drummond has the better DRPM this season, hes the better shot blocker, and he's far and away the better defensive rebounder. Drummond holds the advantage in the latter two categories even if you shift to a PER 36 analysis.

While Dieng is more efficient, he didn't average 8 ppg this season nor for his career. I like the chances of Drummond putting back his own miss far more than Dieng.

I don't see Dieng neccesarily starting for a playoff team, nor being impactful enough to steal a game for a playoff team. I can see Drummond doing both. I certainly don't see Dieng winning a head to head battle if the two ever faced off in the postseason.

Dieng might be a better fit for the Lakers or Knicks. But if we're talking about the Hornets or Raptors, Dieng is better is just wrong.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,099

Post#26 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:17 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,238

Post#27 » by amcoolio » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:30 pm

If the Hornets don't get one of the centers that just became available I'll be pretty disappointed

They can't roll with Biyombo in the playoffs, I'd say he is singlehandedly the reason the Hornets aren't comfortably the 4th seed because of his giant negative on both ends of the floor

Even someone like Dieng is a massive improvement to the defense
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,210

Post#28 » by bondom34 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:58 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:This is an overreaction.

Drummond has the better DRPM this season, hes the better shot blocker, and he's far and away the better defensive rebounder. Drummond holds the advantage in the latter two categories even if you shift to a PER 36 analysis.

While Dieng is more efficient, he didn't average 8 ppg this season nor for his career. I like the chances of Drummond putting back his own miss far more than Dieng.

I don't see Dieng neccesarily starting for a playoff team, nor being impactful enough to steal a game for a playoff team. I can see Drummond doing both. I certainly don't see Dieng winning a head to head battle if the two ever faced off in the postseason.

Dieng might be a better fit for the Lakers or Knicks. But if we're talking about the Hornets or Raptors, Dieng is better is just wrong.

I'd say he's the better defender w/ LMA and w/ Drummond might be more willing to accept a role. I don't see him stealing a playoff game either way, and he really shouldn't be starting either.

Also if DRPM is the gauge (and whatever they did to RPM to add tracking it shouldn't be), LMA is the most impactful defender of the 3. Which....ehhh I'm not sure there.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,830

Post#29 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:02 pm

Nobody should be asking a buyout guy to win his matchup--you just want him to hold his own for the 15-18 mpg he plays in the playoffs. Dieng can do that. Drummond is much more likely to be a destructive force than a help.

Great he grabs a bunch of rebounds. Hasn't help a single one of his teams on the defensive glass and offensive rebounding is rather overrated as a thing--particularly with the shorter shot clock now. Doesn't offset you never want him intentionally touching the ball on offense--which he will demand or that he's a bad defensive player.

We really have to get past looking at 15/15 and thinking it means much of anything. How you effect games matters. The recording of the stats you accumulate doesn't.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#30 » by chrbal » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:14 pm

Drummond is statistically the best big available. But for day to day impact on a game, he’s going to drive his new team crazy more often than not.

Especially with teams trying to fit him in as opposed to making him a key piece of the lineup. Not to mention his inevitable sulking and lack of interest.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#31 » by Mike lorenzo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:14 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Nobody should be asking a buyout guy to win his matchup--you just want him to hold his own for the 15-18 mpg he plays in the playoffs. Dieng can do that. Drummond is much more likely to be a destructive force than a help.

Great he grabs a bunch of rebounds. Hasn't help a single one of his teams on the defensive glass and offensive rebounding is rather overrated as a thing--particularly with the shorter shot clock now. Doesn't offset you never want him intentionally touching the ball on offense--which he will demand or that he's a bad defensive player.

We really have to get past looking at 15/15 and thinking it means much of anything. How you effect games matters. The recording of the stats you accumulate doesn't.
I remember a stat from Drummond's stay in Detroit ... and the Pistons literally grabbed exactly the same rebounds with him, on the track, as when he sits down. amazing !!! he competes with his own teammates .. a solid move, it would have been to catch Theis .. in my opinion
1+1=11
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#32 » by chrbal » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:17 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:I remember a stat from Drummond's stay in Detroit ... and the Pistons literally grabbed exactly the same rebounds with him, on the track, as when he sits down. amazing !!! he competes with his own teammates .. a solid move, it would have been to catch Theis .. in my opinion

Exactly this as well
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by jbk1234 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:45 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Nobody should be asking a buyout guy to win his matchup--you just want him to hold his own for the 15-18 mpg he plays in the playoffs. Dieng can do that. Drummond is much more likely to be a destructive force than a help.

It's precisely the latter part I think that people are overrating to and over correcting for. Despite having added Grant and Bey, the Pistons are worse, not better. The Cavs are not appreciably better without Drummond.

Conversely, if Drummond had been willing to come off of the bench for the Cavs, there's little doubt in my mind the Cavs would've been better for it.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#34 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:06 pm

Think Drummond solves more problem for lakers than Dieng. Offensive rebounder , athletic big could help and some play making.

Wouldn’t mind Dieng just feel like his skill set overlaps with Gasol.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,539

Post#35 » by HornetJail » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:34 pm

Read on Twitter

Terry Rozier and Gorgui Dieng both went to Louisville.

Overreact accordingly.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#36 » by Buzzard » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:07 pm

Read on Twitter
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,099

Post#37 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:37 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Is there still time to turn this tank bank in the right direction?
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,565

Post#38 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:56 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I don't see any way below the bottom 3. And Orlando is going to be even worse. 5th best lotto odds looks like best reasonable case, although obviously who knows.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,890

Post#39 » by JasonStern » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:51 pm

Blazinaway wrote:so should POR

No. The Blazers have Nurkić/Kanter at the 5, and Giles should be healthy... eventually... maybe.

If Otto Porter Jr. gets bought out, he should be Portland's #1 target. If not, a player like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson should fill that mandatory 14th roster spot. Melo can put up points, but he's washed defensively. And the Blazers traded both GTJ and Hood for a 6'4" on a good day SG/SF, weakening depth at the wing position.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by jbk1234 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:14 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

So Horford's just not going to play, at all, for the rest of the season?

Sounds like a Drummond plus cheese special.

cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Trades and Transactions