Best Realistic Offer: Bradley Beal

Moderators: Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, HartfordWhalers, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, Trader_Joe, BullyKing, loserX

If Bradley Beal Rejected A Max Extension, Which Deal Would The Wizards Accept?

Goran Dragic, Andre Iguodala, Tyler Herro, Precious Achiuwa, KZ Okpala and 2028 Unprotected Heat First Round Draft Pick for Bradley Beal and Davis Bertans
1
7%
James Wiseman, Andrew Wiggins, 4th Overall Draft Pick and 13th Overall Draft Pick for Bradley Beal and Davis Bertans
13
87%
Michael Porter Jr., Will Barton, JaMychal Green and 25th Overall Draft Pick for Bradley Beal
1
7%
 
Total votes: 15

User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 20,619
And1: 7,178
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#41 » by babyjax13 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:53 am

TheZachAttack wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:The Knicks seem like the team that would go for it.

RJ Barrett + Obi Toppin + Kevin Knox + 2021 NYK 1st (15) + 2021 DAL 1st (21) for Beal

Washington gets a young player that has already shown some promise, a reclamation project, and two picks. I think this offer will be competitive, but I also think another team could offer better.

Depth chart:
Quickley/???
Beal/???
FA/???/???
Randle/???
Robinson/???

Salaries: ~$58 million
Cap Space: ~$54 million

Grab in FA:
Lonzo Ball ($80/4)
DeMar DeRozan ($54/3)
Richaun Holmes ($48/3)
Derrick Rose (MLE)

And fill out the roster with minimum contracts. Maybe trade Robinson for a small forward and not sign DeRozan, but this is just an example of how it could play out:

Ball/Quickley/Rose
Beal/Ball
DeRozan/FA
Randle/FA
Holmes/Robinson


Do you see what other teams fans are offering? This is 5% of the value of some other deals lmao


Well (a) no, it's not, and (b) I think some of these offers are simply too much.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
TheZachAttack
Rookie
Posts: 1,034
And1: 750
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
       

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#42 » by TheZachAttack » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:07 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
TheZachAttack wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:The Knicks seem like the team that would go for it.

RJ Barrett + Obi Toppin + Kevin Knox + 2021 NYK 1st (15) + 2021 DAL 1st (21) for Beal

Washington gets a young player that has already shown some promise, a reclamation project, and two picks. I think this offer will be competitive, but I also think another team could offer better.

Depth chart:
Quickley/???
Beal/???
FA/???/???
Randle/???
Robinson/???

Salaries: ~$58 million
Cap Space: ~$54 million

Grab in FA:
Lonzo Ball ($80/4)
DeMar DeRozan ($54/3)
Richaun Holmes ($48/3)
Derrick Rose (MLE)

And fill out the roster with minimum contracts. Maybe trade Robinson for a small forward and not sign DeRozan, but this is just an example of how it could play out:

Ball/Quickley/Rose
Beal/Ball
DeRozan/FA
Randle/FA
Holmes/Robinson


Do you see what other teams fans are offering? This is 5% of the value of some other deals lmao


Well (a) no, it's not, and (b) I think some of these offers are simply too much.


I mean you’re going against what others have to pay and your offer value is a % of what you call too much?

2 non-lottery firsts + 2 borderline NBA rotation players + 1 NBA player with non-superstar potential. Either way, it’s easily the worst offer in this thread
User avatar
Dat2U
RealGM
Posts: 22,068
And1: 5,440
Joined: Jun 23, 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
       

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#43 » by Dat2U » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:55 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
TheZachAttack wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:The Knicks seem like the team that would go for it.

RJ Barrett + Obi Toppin + Kevin Knox + 2021 NYK 1st (15) + 2021 DAL 1st (21) for Beal

Washington gets a young player that has already shown some promise, a reclamation project, and two picks. I think this offer will be competitive, but I also think another team could offer better.

Depth chart:
Quickley/???
Beal/???
FA/???/???
Randle/???
Robinson/???

Salaries: ~$58 million
Cap Space: ~$54 million

Grab in FA:
Lonzo Ball ($80/4)
DeMar DeRozan ($54/3)
Richaun Holmes ($48/3)
Derrick Rose (MLE)

And fill out the roster with minimum contracts. Maybe trade Robinson for a small forward and not sign DeRozan, but this is just an example of how it could play out:

Ball/Quickley/Rose
Beal/Ball
DeRozan/FA
Randle/FA
Holmes/Robinson


Do you see what other teams fans are offering? This is 5% of the value of some other deals lmao


Well (a) no, it's not, and (b) I think some of these offers are simply too much.


You may feel other offers are too much but this offer would get completely ignored. Knox has zero value. Toppin looks like a bust and some middling firsts attached to Barrett ain't coming close to gaining traction.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 43,862
And1: 8,689
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#44 » by Ruzious » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:33 pm

At this point, Knox and Toppin get you half a ham sandwich.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 31,554
And1: 5,526
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#45 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:52 pm

TheZachAttack wrote:
NYG wrote:Is there a better realistic offer than Wiseman, ‘22 T’Wolves 1st and Warriors ‘21 1st? I just don’t see who both could and would?


I think Edwards, 2021 #1, Beasley, and Rubio expiring as a centerpiece beats it. Cunningham, Edwards, Beasley + 17m expiring is pretty ideal to start a rebuild.

If the wolves started:

D Lo
Beal
McDaniels
Bertrans
Towns

That’s a dangerous shooting starting 5


Why on Earth would Minnesota deal Cade Cunningham, though? Wouldn’t he be PERFECT to plop at the 3 or 4 with some combo of Towns, Edwards, Russell, and even Beasley?
NYG
General Manager
Posts: 7,815
And1: 1,315
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#46 » by NYG » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:07 am

Dat2U wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
TheZachAttack wrote:
Do you see what other teams fans are offering? This is 5% of the value of some other deals lmao


Well (a) no, it's not, and (b) I think some of these offers are simply too much.


You may feel other offers are too much but this offer would get completely ignored. Knox has zero value. Toppin looks like a bust and some middling firsts attached to Barrett ain't coming close to gaining traction.


What do you have as the top 3 offers in the thread?
User avatar
Laimbeer
RealGM
Posts: 35,153
And1: 10,734
Joined: Aug 12, 2009
Location: Cabin Creek

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#47 » by Laimbeer » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:46 pm

Any GM that offers a top three pick in this draft for what could be a Beal rental should get fired immediately.
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 59,425
And1: 12,125
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#48 » by nate33 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:40 pm

The Wizards aren't trading Beal for anything less than a top 4 pick in this draft. Which means the only way Beal gets traded is if a pretty decent team lucks into the top of the lottery, - someone like New Orleans, Toronto, Memphis or Golden State. One of those teams could offer the top 4 pick and filler and then field a contender with Beal in the fold - a scenario that is highly likely to convince Beal to stay.
Wolveswin
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,372
And1: 398
Joined: Aug 22, 2020
 

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#49 » by Wolveswin » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:27 pm

nate33 wrote:The Wizards aren't trading Beal for anything less than a top 4 pick in this draft. Which means the only way Beal gets traded is if a pretty decent team lucks into the top of the lottery, - someone like New Orleans, Toronto, Memphis or Golden State. One of those teams could offer the top 4 pick and filler and then field a contender with Beal in the fold - a scenario that is highly likely to convince Beal to stay.

I wouldn’t say that is 100% true.

If Wolves keep their 1st in 2021, I think the unprotected Wolves 1st in 2022 from Warriors would be attractive.

Wiggins + Wiseman + #13 + 2022 Wolves 1st (unprotected) + 2022 Warriors 1st (unprotected)

FOR

Beal + Bertans

Wizards would have 2x 2021 1sts and 3x 2022 1sts, that is a quick start to a rebuild. Maybe they can get a 2026 1st out of GSW too.
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 59,425
And1: 12,125
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#50 » by nate33 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:37 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
nate33 wrote:The Wizards aren't trading Beal for anything less than a top 4 pick in this draft. Which means the only way Beal gets traded is if a pretty decent team lucks into the top of the lottery, - someone like New Orleans, Toronto, Memphis or Golden State. One of those teams could offer the top 4 pick and filler and then field a contender with Beal in the fold - a scenario that is highly likely to convince Beal to stay.

I wouldn’t say that is 100% true.

If Wolves keep their 1st in 2021, I think the unprotected Wolves 1st in 2022 from Warriors would be attractive.

Wiggins + Wiseman + #13 + 2022 Wolves 1st (unprotected) + 2022 Warriors 1st (unprotected)

FOR

Beal + Bertans

Wizards would have 2x 2021 1sts and 3x 2022 1sts, that is a quick start to a rebuild. Maybe they can get a 2026 1st out of GSW too.

No thanks from the Wizards. If Minnesota keeps their 1st, it's because it's a top 3 pick - and adding a top 3 pick to a healthy Towns and an improving Edwards is likely to elevate Minnesota in the standings a significant amount next year. I could see them finishing with the #10 pick in the 2022 draft. And I'm not trading Beal for Wiggins, Wiseman and two picks in the teens.
Wolveswin
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,372
And1: 398
Joined: Aug 22, 2020
 

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#51 » by Wolveswin » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:40 pm

nate33 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
nate33 wrote:The Wizards aren't trading Beal for anything less than a top 4 pick in this draft. Which means the only way Beal gets traded is if a pretty decent team lucks into the top of the lottery, - someone like New Orleans, Toronto, Memphis or Golden State. One of those teams could offer the top 4 pick and filler and then field a contender with Beal in the fold - a scenario that is highly likely to convince Beal to stay.

I wouldn’t say that is 100% true.

If Wolves keep their 1st in 2021, I think the unprotected Wolves 1st in 2022 from Warriors would be attractive.

Wiggins + Wiseman + #13 + 2022 Wolves 1st (unprotected) + 2022 Warriors 1st (unprotected)

FOR

Beal + Bertans

Wizards would have 2x 2021 1sts and 3x 2022 1sts, that is a quick start to a rebuild. Maybe they can get a 2026 1st out of GSW too.

No thanks from the Wizards. If Minnesota keeps their 1st, it's because it's a top 3 pick - and adding a top 3 pick to a healthy Towns and an improving Edwards is likely to elevate Minnesota in the standings a significant amount next year. I could see them finishing with the #10 pick in the 2022 draft. And I'm not trading Beal for Wiggins, Wiseman and two picks in the teens.

Maybe. But do realize that was their exact plan this year, draft #1 overall and not suck. Oops. Worst team in NBA.
Slim Charless
Starter
Posts: 2,074
And1: 1,210
Joined: May 10, 2019
   

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#52 » by Slim Charless » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:00 pm

Boston should hop in this if they continue their current path.

Send out:

Smart
Brown
Timelord
2 Firsts (21 and 23)

Get back:

Beal
Bryant
Resistance
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,979
And1: 1,964
Joined: Jan 18, 2016

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#53 » by Resistance » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:18 pm

Slim Charless wrote:Boston should hop in this if they continue their current path.

Send out:

Smart
Brown
Timelord
2 Firsts (21 and 23)

Get back:

Beal
Bryant


I don't know if the defense will be good enough with a pairing of Kemba and Beal. Maybe another step back on defense with a swap of Williams for Bryant.
tmorgan
General Manager
Posts: 8,728
And1: 3,773
Joined: Feb 04, 2005
Location: San Francisco, CA
   

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#54 » by tmorgan » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:27 pm

I really don’t think Beal is going to get offers as big as most of these.

...but then, my jaw dropped at the return on Jrue, too.
PistolPeteJR
Head Coach
Posts: 6,272
And1: 5,622
Joined: Jun 14, 2017
 

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#55 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:35 pm

I really think most of the offers I’m seeing for Beal on here are too much. The guy is most effective when he has the ball in his hands. We’ve seen Beal without the ball in his hands as much with Wall. Is he better now? Absolutely, not a single doubt about it. However, with team like Portland for example, he will not be as effective.

A Beal trade to me is the epitome of “he is more valuable to team X”. For example, I really think a team like the Nuggets would benefit probably the most out of him, because playing him next to Jokic would be deadly. Having said that, is it worth both Murray AND MPJ? I don’t think so, personally. I’d rather have Murray-Harris/Barton-Gordon-MPJ-Jokic than Beal-Barton-Harris-Gordon-Jokic myself.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
Posts: 10,699
And1: 14,087
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#56 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:15 am

PistolPeteJR wrote:I really think most of the offers I’m seeing for Beal on here are too much. The guy is most effective when he has the ball in his hands. We’ve seen Beal without the ball in his hands as much with Wall. Is he better now? Absolutely, not a single doubt about it. However, with team like Portland for example, he will not be as effective.

A Beal trade to me is the epitome of “he is more valuable to team X”. For example, I really think a team like the Nuggets would benefit probably the most out of him, because playing him next to Jokic would be deadly. Having said that, is it worth both Murray AND MPJ? I don’t think so, personally. I’d rather have Murray-Harris/Barton-Gordon-MPJ-Jokic than Beal-Barton-Harris-Gordon-Jokic myself.


Those are all good points and I’d also add there’s some real denial here - beal is 100% gonna have say in where he goes with a year left on his deal. He’s not going to Memphis and places like some people suggest it’s just not even worth talking about.

If beal is available on draft night to me that means he’s going to golden state
MagicBagley18
RealGM
Posts: 10,699
And1: 14,087
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#57 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:17 am

tmorgan wrote:I really don’t think Beal is going to get offers as big as most of these.

...but then, my jaw dropped at the return on Jrue, too.


He’s gonna get a very good return but it’s gonna be a return from places where he will re-sign which immediately eliminates places. The teams with the greatest returns for Washington may not even be in play if beal won’t commit long term.
Colbinii
RealGM
Posts: 16,054
And1: 8,863
Joined: Feb 13, 2013

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#58 » by Colbinii » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:30 am

Resistance wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:Boston should hop in this if they continue their current path.

Send out:

Smart
Brown
Timelord
2 Firsts (21 and 23)

Get back:

Beal
Bryant


I don't know if the defense will be good enough with a pairing of Kemba and Beal. Maybe another step back on defense with a swap of Williams for Bryant.


Not to mention the offer is a huge overpay for Boston.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.


penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.


E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.
NYG
General Manager
Posts: 7,815
And1: 1,315
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#59 » by NYG » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:36 am

For me, the Wizards try working on an extension but if he rejects it then whichever headliner the Wizards prefer out of the following 3...

Tyler Herro
Minnesota 1st owned by the Warriors
Michael Porter Jr.

Then you build the value off of that to what makes up the difference.
NYG
General Manager
Posts: 7,815
And1: 1,315
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#60 » by NYG » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:26 am

NYG wrote:For me, the Wizards try working on an extension but if he rejects it then whichever headliner the Wizards prefer out of the following 3...

Tyler Herro
Minnesota 1st owned by the Warriors
Michael Porter Jr.

Then you build the value off of that to what makes up the difference.


Looking over pick situation and salary matching...

Herro, Achiuwa, Okpala and ‘28 Heat 1st for Beal (Miami waives/renounces all team options/cap holds besides Duncan Robinson)

Wiseman, Wiggins, ‘21 Warriors 1st and ‘21 (or ‘22) T’Wolves 1st for Beal and Bertans

MPJ, Barton, JaMychal Green and ‘21 Denver 1st for Beal

Return to Trades and Transactions