Best Realistic Offer: Bradley Beal

Moderators: Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, HartfordWhalers, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, Trader_Joe, BullyKing, loserX

If Bradley Beal Rejected A Max Extension, Which Deal Would The Wizards Accept?

Goran Dragic, Andre Iguodala, Tyler Herro, Precious Achiuwa, KZ Okpala and 2028 Unprotected Heat First Round Draft Pick for Bradley Beal and Davis Bertans
1
10%
James Wiseman, Andrew Wiggins, 4th Overall Draft Pick and 13th Overall Draft Pick for Bradley Beal and Davis Bertans
8
80%
Michael Porter Jr., Will Barton, JaMychal Green and 25th Overall Draft Pick for Bradley Beal
1
10%
 
Total votes: 10

Village Idiot
General Manager
Posts: 8,174
And1: 1,285
Joined: Jan 23, 2005
Location: location, location
     

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#21 » by Village Idiot » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:01 pm

JasonStern wrote:CJ McCollum, 2022 1st, 2023 pick swap, 2024 1st, 2025 pick swap

Blazers then retain Powell.

Dame/Powell/Beal/Covington/Nurkić

Washington goes the Thunder route. Builds some value for McCollum playing as the #1 option, then flips him for further picks/prospects at next year's trade deadline.
1. I don't think the gap between CJ and Beal is 2 picks and 2 pick swaps
2. The resulting line-up creates the same issues as today's 3 guard line-up
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Dan G.
User avatar
JasonStern
General Manager
Posts: 9,514
And1: 2,401
Joined: Dec 13, 2008
 

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#22 » by JasonStern » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:21 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
JasonStern wrote:CJ McCollum, 2022 1st, 2023 pick swap, 2024 1st, 2025 pick swap

Blazers then retain Powell.

Dame/Powell/Beal/Covington/Nurkić

Washington goes the Thunder route. Builds some value for McCollum playing as the #1 option, then flips him for further picks/prospects at next year's trade deadline.


The resulting line-up creates the same issues as today's 3 guard line-up


Crazy. I never realized how small Beal was. Guy definitely plays above his height.

Cross Beal off of the list then. But still love a CJ+picks for a wing then retain Powell trade.
Image

Reporter: Why don't you ever pass to the cutter?
Carmelo: I think there has been enough blood shed in my lifetime.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 29,870
And1: 1,849
Joined: Apr 27, 2005
   

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#23 » by gswhoops » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:32 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
TGW wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Probably Bryant and not Bertans considering that Wiseman would start for Wiz. Warriors could give Poole or Paschall as well


absolutely not. Bryant isn't a throw in.


Who said throw in? Just saying he'd be likely in deal if Wiz get Wiseman. GSW would have to give more.

I think Bertans makes more sense for this deal anyway. Washington values Bryant more than we would, and vice versa for Bertans.

Wiseman isn’t a 30 minutes a night player at this point regardless. Bryant would still have a significant role.
User avatar
TGW
RealGM
Posts: 10,437
And1: 3,991
Joined: Oct 22, 2010

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#24 » by TGW » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:33 pm

JasonStern wrote:
Village Idiot wrote:
JasonStern wrote:CJ McCollum, 2022 1st, 2023 pick swap, 2024 1st, 2025 pick swap

Blazers then retain Powell.

Dame/Powell/Beal/Covington/Nurkić

Washington goes the Thunder route. Builds some value for McCollum playing as the #1 option, then flips him for further picks/prospects at next year's trade deadline.


The resulting line-up creates the same issues as today's 3 guard line-up


Crazy. I never realized how small Beal was. Guy definitely plays above his height.

Cross Beal off of the list then. But still love a CJ+picks for a wing then retain Powell trade.


Beal is 6'5 in shoes. He's normal shooting guard size.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
User avatar
JasonStern
General Manager
Posts: 9,514
And1: 2,401
Joined: Dec 13, 2008
 

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#25 » by JasonStern » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:12 pm

TGW wrote:
JasonStern wrote:
Village Idiot wrote:
The resulting line-up creates the same issues as today's 3 guard line-up


Crazy. I never realized how small Beal was. Guy definitely plays above his height.

Cross Beal off of the list then. But still love a CJ+picks for a wing then retain Powell trade.


Beal is 6'5 in shoes. He's normal shooting guard size.


Which the Blazers have an abundance of. They really need a SF/PF. Not trading CJ+picks for Butler when the Bulls first moved him really set both franchises back, but it's great to see LaVine living up to his potential.

Shame the Blazers couldn't have pulled off Powell and Gordon. That would have been a potential offense-minded version of the 2004 Pistons. Not the top end talent we see year after year, but so much depth of above average role players. Instead, Portland seems to be stuck in that "one move away from being a real contender" space.
Image

Reporter: Why don't you ever pass to the cutter?
Carmelo: I think there has been enough blood shed in my lifetime.
User avatar
ProcessDoctor
Head Coach
Posts: 6,334
And1: 2,461
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
   

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#26 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:23 pm

MIN out: Rubio, Edwards, 2024 & 2026 FRPs, 2023 & 2025 FRP swaps
MIN in: Simmons

PHI out: Simmons, Hill, Maxey
PHI in: Beal, Rubio

WSH out: Beal
WSH in: Edwards, Maxey, Hill, 2024 & 2026 MIN FRPs, 2023 & 2025 MIN FRP swaps
2020-2021 Philadelphia 76ers:

Simmons/Milton/Maxey
Curry/Hill/Korkmaz/Joe
Green/Thybulle/Brazeknis
Harris/Scott
Embiid/Howard/Reed
Wolveswin
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,308
And1: 368
Joined: Aug 22, 2020
 

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#27 » by Wolveswin » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:44 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:MIN out: Rubio, Edwards, 2024 & 2026 FRPs, 2023 & 2025 FRP swaps
MIN in: Simmons

PHI out: Simmons, Hill, Maxey
PHI in: Beal, Rubio

WSH out: Beal
WSH in: Edwards, Maxey, Hill, 2024 & 2026 MIN FRPs, 2023 & 2025 MIN FRP swaps

This 3 teamer been brought up many times. If Wizards prefer a rebuild package to Simmons, it has legs. But this is way too much value for Wolves. Maybe, big maybe, if Wolves keep their 2021 1st and for some reason Wizards prefer 2x future 1sts instead of a top three 2021 1st, this value for Wolves would make sense. One would think Simmons + 2021 top three 1st would result in that draft capital mentioned being late 1sts and non-consequential swaps, but it is the Wolves. As is, value is too much for annual top 5 worst team.
Wolveswin
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,308
And1: 368
Joined: Aug 22, 2020
 

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#28 » by Wolveswin » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:46 am

TGW wrote:
JasonStern wrote:
Village Idiot wrote:
The resulting line-up creates the same issues as today's 3 guard line-up


Crazy. I never realized how small Beal was. Guy definitely plays above his height.

Cross Beal off of the list then. But still love a CJ+picks for a wing then retain Powell trade.


Beal is 6'5 in shoes. He's normal shooting guard size.

In shoes has no meaning in today’s NBA.
E S V L
Starter
Posts: 2,347
And1: 649
Joined: Dec 19, 2017
Location: Toronto
     

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#29 » by E S V L » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:30 pm

Somehow somewhere Beal has lost his super trade value. I don`t expect wow-type of offers for him.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 31,450
And1: 5,481
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#30 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Apr 5, 2021 3:02 pm

shangrila wrote:If we're using current rankings then Wolves could probably beat any other team's offer.

#1, Edwards, Beasley, Rubio (expiring) and either Culver (if they want youth) or Hernangomez (if they'd rather the expiring) for Beal and Bertans.

Could then flip Beasley for an additional later first if they wanted


I mean, if Minnesota is offering up Cade Cunningham at 1, they can definitely get a Beal.
Coeur
Analyst
Posts: 3,430
And1: 568
Joined: Jan 18, 2016

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#31 » by Coeur » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:50 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:If I am Wizards ...
I would change to Denver, for more tangible value ... I guess if you change Beal ...
Westbrook should go out ...
3 teams ...

Murray / Zubac / Kennard / Porter/Green WIZARDS

with lots of talents to young
Zubac / Bryant / Gafford
Porter / Bertans/Green
Avdija / Hachimura
Kennard /6*Keon Johnson
Murray

Westbrook to LAC ...

Clippers Gets His Big 3 ...

Ibaka
Morris
Leonard
PG
Westbrook

P.Bev / Beal to DENVER

Denver forms his super team.

I don’t like Murray and MpJ for Beal at all for the Nugs in this trade.
Coeur
Analyst
Posts: 3,430
And1: 568
Joined: Jan 18, 2016

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#32 » by Coeur » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:05 pm

Clippers: Westbrook

Nugs: Bertans, Kennard,

Wizards: horford, green, Monte Morris

Thunder: Beverly, Barton,
R-DAWG
RealGM
Posts: 15,561
And1: 3,611
Joined: Nov 07, 2003

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#33 » by R-DAWG » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:43 am

NYG wrote:
R-DAWG wrote:It's always tough assigning draft pick value to a 28 year old entering the last year of his deal. Reason being, most of the teams in the top of the draft aren't a Brad Beal away from becoming a title contender and Beal likely wants to join a team and sign long term with a contender.

Golden State is potentially a unique situation with Weisman and potentially two lotto picks this year and Klay coming back from injury.

New Orleans could also be an interesting option because of Zion. I could potentially see a Beal for Ingram type of deal. Beal is a better overall player and better fit with Zion. But for Washignton, Ingram is younger and has a longer contract.


Yeah I like New Orleans as a destination.

Lonzo to Team X via S&T

Bledose and Harden/Jrue offer amount of NOP picks to Washington

Beal to NOP


They would have a Beal/Ingram/Zion core


I’m not sure Ingram is a great fit as the third option on this team - a pure floor spacer might be better. Lonzo as a point guard who doesn’t need the ball and is a plus defender/shooter is a better fit.
Nate the Great
Senior
Posts: 515
And1: 211
Joined: Dec 13, 2019
     

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#34 » by Nate the Great » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:35 am

R-DAWG wrote:It's always tough assigning draft pick value to a 28 year old entering the last year of his deal. Reason being, most of the teams in the top of the draft aren't a Brad Beal away from becoming a title contender and Beal likely wants to join a team and sign long term with a contender.

Golden State is potentially a unique situation with Weisman and potentially two lotto picks this year and Klay coming back from injury.

New Orleans could also be an interesting option because of Zion. I could potentially see a Beal for Ingram type of deal. Beal is a better overall player and better fit with Zion. But for Washignton, Ingram is younger and has a longer contract.


I’m amused by how many people on RealGM seem to think Wiseman is an old Jewish guy, at least based on the way they spell his name.

Black Lives Matter
R-DAWG
RealGM
Posts: 15,561
And1: 3,611
Joined: Nov 07, 2003

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#35 » by R-DAWG » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:51 am

Nate the Great wrote:
R-DAWG wrote:It's always tough assigning draft pick value to a 28 year old entering the last year of his deal. Reason being, most of the teams in the top of the draft aren't a Brad Beal away from becoming a title contender and Beal likely wants to join a team and sign long term with a contender.

Golden State is potentially a unique situation with Weisman and potentially two lotto picks this year and Klay coming back from injury.

New Orleans could also be an interesting option because of Zion. I could potentially see a Beal for Ingram type of deal. Beal is a better overall player and better fit with Zion. But for Washignton, Ingram is younger and has a longer contract.


I’m amused by how many people on RealGM seem to think Wiseman is an old Jewish guy, at least based on the way they spell his name.


Lol

Guess he’s going to end up on the Miami Heat
NYG
General Manager
Posts: 7,775
And1: 1,308
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#36 » by NYG » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:35 am

Is there a better realistic offer than Wiseman, ‘22 T’Wolves 1st and Warriors ‘21 1st? I just don’t see who both could and would?
NYG
General Manager
Posts: 7,775
And1: 1,308
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#37 » by NYG » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:08 am

If Beal makes All-NBA then he becomes Super MAX eligible this off-season, right?

Would Washington give it to him?
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 20,552
And1: 7,145
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#38 » by babyjax13 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:44 am

The Knicks seem like the team that would go for it.

RJ Barrett + Obi Toppin + Kevin Knox + 2021 NYK 1st (15) + 2021 DAL 1st (21) for Beal

Washington gets a young player that has already shown some promise, a reclamation project, and two picks. I think this offer will be competitive, but I also think another team could offer better.

Depth chart:
Quickley/???
Beal/???
FA/???/???
Randle/???
Robinson/???

Salaries: ~$58 million
Cap Space: ~$54 million

Grab in FA:
Lonzo Ball ($80/4)
DeMar DeRozan ($54/3)
Richaun Holmes ($48/3)
Derrick Rose (MLE)

And fill out the roster with minimum contracts. Maybe trade Robinson for a small forward and not sign DeRozan, but this is just an example of how it could play out:

Ball/Quickley/Rose
Beal/Ball
DeRozan/FA
Randle/FA
Holmes/Robinson
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
TheZachAttack
Rookie
Posts: 1,007
And1: 736
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
       

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#39 » by TheZachAttack » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:59 am

NYG wrote:Is there a better realistic offer than Wiseman, ‘22 T’Wolves 1st and Warriors ‘21 1st? I just don’t see who both could and would?


I think Edwards, 2021 #1, Beasley, and Rubio expiring as a centerpiece beats it. Cunningham, Edwards, Beasley + 17m expiring is pretty ideal to start a rebuild.

If the wolves started:

D Lo
Beal
McDaniels
Bertrans
Towns

That’s a dangerous shooting starting 5
TheZachAttack
Rookie
Posts: 1,007
And1: 736
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
       

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Night Hypothetical: Bradley Beal Is Available 

Post#40 » by TheZachAttack » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:00 am

babyjax13 wrote:The Knicks seem like the team that would go for it.

RJ Barrett + Obi Toppin + Kevin Knox + 2021 NYK 1st (15) + 2021 DAL 1st (21) for Beal

Washington gets a young player that has already shown some promise, a reclamation project, and two picks. I think this offer will be competitive, but I also think another team could offer better.

Depth chart:
Quickley/???
Beal/???
FA/???/???
Randle/???
Robinson/???

Salaries: ~$58 million
Cap Space: ~$54 million

Grab in FA:
Lonzo Ball ($80/4)
DeMar DeRozan ($54/3)
Richaun Holmes ($48/3)
Derrick Rose (MLE)

And fill out the roster with minimum contracts. Maybe trade Robinson for a small forward and not sign DeRozan, but this is just an example of how it could play out:

Ball/Quickley/Rose
Beal/Ball
DeRozan/FA
Randle/FA
Holmes/Robinson


Do you see what other teams fans are offering? This is 5% of the value of some other deals lmao

Return to Trades and Transactions