New Orleans - Portland - Toronto

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

New Orleans - Portland - Toronto 

Post#1 » by Village Idiot » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:04 pm

New Orleans trades:

Brandon Ingram
Eric Bledsoe

New Orleans receives:

CJ McCollum
Derrick Jones Jr.
1st round pick from Portland - from 2023 top 10 protected

The Pelicans get a veteran leader in CJ McCollum who is having the best season of his career and who would fit really well alongside Lonzo Ball in the back-court as this team becomes Zion-centric. Derrick Jones Jr. is a young defensive menace with a somewhat improved shot but is a great complimentary piece who doesn't need touches

Portland trades:

CJ McCollum
Derrick Jones Jr.
1st round pick to New Orleans (from 2023 - top 10 protected)

Portland receives:

Pascal Siakam
Eric Bledsoe

Portland trades offense for defense. Siakam slides in at forward alongside RoCo. Bledsoe is overpaid for what he provides at this stage in his career but can provide quality 3rd guard minutes

Toronto trades:

Pascal Siakam

Toronto receives:

Brandon Ingram

Toronto gets a guy who is four years younger as they retool. Ingram becomes the Raptors go-to guy going forward
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,889

Re: New Orleans - Portland - Toronto 

Post#2 » by JasonStern » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:23 pm

Solves a lot of problems for Portland if they retain Powell.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
ADMVP
Rookie
And1: 817

Post#3 » by ADMVP » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:25 pm

We're asking for Dame for BI. Not CJ. This is WAY off base.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Post#4 » by Norm2953 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:41 pm

DJJ will likely opt of his deal and be a UFA
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,827

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:52 pm

ADMVP wrote:We're asking for Dame for BI. Not CJ. This is WAY off base.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

We have a rule against this type of counter. If you think CJ for BI is a non-starter, cool talk about that. Moving to demand Dame whom you know is off the table for BI doesn't move discussion meaningfully forward.

Thanks!
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,827

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:53 pm

I don't think CJ gets you Ingram/Siakam and Derrick Jones Jr is worth a bit more than Bledsoe, but he's not some value asset either. I have Portland stealing a bunch of value here that basically breaks this deal.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,296

Post#7 » by Godaddycurse » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:02 pm

i would do siakam for ingram but i dont think NOP will trade ingram to dump bledsoe.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#8 » by mademan » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:07 pm

I think Siakam=Ingram, tho i can see arguments for Ingram being better. I think Ingram is definitely better in the 1st option or lead scorer role as opposed to Siakam and i'd do the swap if only because Ingram is like 3 years younger, tho i cant see Pel's going for this.

Without the ridiculous pick package overpay and Raps wanting to trade Siakam, i dont think Portland can get a move like this done. I think the messed up going for Powell as opposed to pushing harder for a big 3/4 wing (Aaron Gordon)
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#9 » by Village Idiot » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:24 pm

mademan wrote:I think Siakam=Ingram, tho i can see arguments for Ingram being better. I think Ingram is definitely better in the 1st option or lead scorer role as opposed to Siakam and i'd do the swap if only because Ingram is like 3 years younger, tho i cant see Pel's going for this.

Without the ridiculous pick package overpay and Raps wanting to trade Siakam, i dont think Portland can get a move like this done. I think the messed up going for Powell as opposed to pushing harder for a big 3/4 wing (Aaron Gordon)
I completely agree on this point. Powell is great and a bit of a short-term upgrade over Trent Jr. but I, and many other Portland fans, feel that Trent Jr would have been better spent on Gordon than Powell. I think CJ remains the odd man out from the fan perspective (but not front-office, Stotts or Lillard)
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,410

Post#10 » by JRoy » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:45 pm

I don’t think CJ has this kind of value outside POR
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#11 » by Troubadour » Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:05 pm

I would not do Siakam for Ingram personally. Raptors get much worse defensively and there is no evidence suggesting Ingram is any better suited as a first option than Siakam.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#12 » by jimmy keys » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:15 am

Troubadour wrote:I would not do Siakam for Ingram personally. Raptors get much worse defensively and there is no evidence suggesting Ingram is any better suited as a first option than Siakam.

If Ingram is your 1st option then that team is going nowhere. I'm fine with keeping Siakam knowing he isn't suited for that role either. Toronto needs to either draft a guy who becomes the first option or use Siakam as part of a deal for a clear upgrade. I don't this is a clear upgrade.
BuddyBuckets
Rookie
And1: 964

Post#13 » by BuddyBuckets » Mon Apr 5, 2021 10:46 am

This creates more problems than it solves for Nawlins, easy pass.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,889

Post#14 » by JasonStern » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:51 pm

Village Idiot wrote:Powell is great and a bit of a short-term upgrade over Trent Jr. but I, and many other Portland fans, feel that Trent Jr would have been better spent on Gordon than Powell.

If the Blazers move CJ, then the Powell trade - presuming he's retained - makes a lot of sense. If Powell walks or is utilized solely as a sixth man, then it's not exactly the best use of Portland's resources.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 336

Post#15 » by Euphonetiks » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:24 am

Ingram is more valuable and a better fit on the Pelicans age and skill wise than CJ. Pels would not consider this.
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#16 » by Yenrallik1111 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:30 am

jimmy keys wrote:
Troubadour wrote:I would not do Siakam for Ingram personally. Raptors get much worse defensively and there is no evidence suggesting Ingram is any better suited as a first option than Siakam.

If Ingram is your 1st option then that team is going nowhere. I'm fine with keeping Siakam knowing he isn't suited for that role either. Toronto needs to either draft a guy who becomes the first option or use Siakam as part of a deal for a clear upgrade. I don't this is a clear upgrade.

this is a no brainer, you take ingram for pascal without a second thought. Ingram does not come to tamponto with the assumption of becoming the first option. he simply comes with the expectation of being an impact player given his development, contract, and skill set. i personally like a 2-3 duo of ingram/OG. one more offensive and the other more defensive. boucher can step into the starting 4 position. i have been back and forth on Pascal, but ya gotta take this deal if it is on the table
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,218

Post#17 » by Def Leppard » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:51 am

Just reading into this, to you think Ingram is closer to dame then he is to CJ?

Sent from my SM-G981W using RealGM mobile app
"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,218

Post#18 » by Def Leppard » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:52 am

CJ is the best and most proven scorer out of the three. Come at me

Sent from my SM-G981W using RealGM mobile app
"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,453

Post#19 » by Mrakar » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:06 am

CJ is probably best player in the deal but Ingram ist most valuable.
The fit with pels is bad because of age and he is also bad defensively.
Easy pass for Pelicans...
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,186

Post#20 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:34 am

Idk if Toronto wants this deal. Ingram is a great scorer but he's not much of anything else. He could develop into a good all around player. Also this causes OG to become a PF because skinny Boucher and Ingram I can't see Toronto wanting to do that.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry

Return to Trades and Transactions