Who Says No? Sabonis for Rui, Bertans and 6th Overall

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who Says No?

Pacers
49%
Wizards
36%
Neither
15%

Total votes: 61

xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,319

Re: Who Says No? Sabonis for Rui, Bertans and 6th Overall 

Post#81 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:49 pm

countryboy667 wrote:Hell, this Pacer team hasn't been healthy or together enough this year for a legitimate assessment of however good or bad it is

While I agree, the Pacers have been using this excuse for 4 out of the last 5 years now. If you have a team that simply cannot stay healthy, that is a problem too. Especially as some of the players are known for being injury prone. Pacers have had some of the worst luck in the NBA when it comes to staying healthy, and every year its "well, lets see what they can do next year when healthy", and every year, we get more injuries again, then the cycle repeats.
countryboy667
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#82 » by countryboy667 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:46 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
countryboy667 wrote:Hell, this Pacer team hasn't been healthy or together enough this year for a legitimate assessment of however good or bad it is

While I agree, the Pacers have been using this excuse for 4 out of the last 5 years now. If you have a team that simply cannot stay healthy, that is a problem too. Especially as some of the players are known for being injury prone. Pacers have had some of the worst luck in the NBA when it comes to staying healthy, and every year its "well, lets see what they can do next year when healthy", and every year, we get more injuries again, then the cycle repeats.

Maybe instead of looking at the players as being prone to injury, maybe it makes as much sense to look at the training and medical staffs.....
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,319

Post#83 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:01 am

countryboy667 wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:

Maybe instead of looking at the players as being prone to injury, maybe it makes as much sense to look at the training and medical staffs.....

Sure, except for Brogdon and Warren were seen as injury prone players before the Pacers even got them.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#84 » by Wizop » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:58 pm

countryboy667 wrote:Maybe instead of looking at the players as being prone to injury, maybe it makes as much sense to look at the training and medical staffs.....

If we were talking about the Colts, I'd agree. I think football doesn't pay enough attention to flexibility. But the Pacers trainers are well regarded so I don't think that's our problem. not much a trainer can do to prevent the player from being injured when he lands on someone's foot and rolls an ankle. a trainer can certainly help the player recover and I think our have done that well.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#85 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:51 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
countryboy667 wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:While I agree, the Pacers have been using this excuse for 4 out of the last 5 years now. If you have a team that simply cannot stay healthy, that is a problem too. Especially as some of the players are known for being injury prone. Pacers have had some of the worst luck in the NBA when it comes to staying healthy, and every year its "well, lets see what they can do next year when healthy", and every year, we get more injuries again, then the cycle repeats.

Sure, except for Brogdon and Warren were seen as injury prone players before the Pacers even got them.

And now LeVert who has had many injuries.

Return to Trades and Transactions