Christian Wood to Golden State

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,695

Re: Christian Wood to Golden State 

Post#21 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:25 pm

LarsV8 wrote:You can mark me down as a someone who sees Wiseman as a bust and not having any value.

My counter offer would be:
Wiggins
Wiseman
Minny Pick
GSW Pick

for

Gordon
Wood
Bradley
small filler

GS can pick the pieces around Wood coming in, but I think this would help them the most.

This violates the unrealistic counter policy and this continues to be a theme with you. In the future if you don't like a proposed deal, state why or simply refrain from posting. This is not conducive and its led to more posts Mods are being asked to address. Last free warning on this. Please change your tactics.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck

Post#22 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:27 pm

Coxy wrote:
LarsV8 wrote:You can mark me down as a someone who sees Wiseman as a bust and not having any value.

Wiggins
Wiseman
Minny Pick
GSW Pick

for

Gordon
Wood
Bradley
small filler

GS can pick the pieces around Wood coming in, but I think this would help them the most.

:roll:

And we've talked with you about this too many times already as well. If you have nothing to contribute, do not post. This doesn't elevate discussion. Last free reminder.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,764

Post#23 » by Colbinii » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:34 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Wiggins
Wiseman
Minny Pick
GSW Pick

for

Gordon
Wood
Bradley
small filler

This violates the unrealistic counter policy and this continues to be a theme with you. In the future if you don't like a proposed deal, state why or simply refrain from posting. This is not conducive and its led to more posts Mods are being asked to address. Last free warning on this. Please change your tactics.

Two things

1) Saying Wiseman has no value is definitely a "WTF" moment--no matter how low you personally are on Wiseman (I am quite low), to say he has no value is a joke.

2) I dont think the counter offer is terrible--its just bad and a homer offer.

3) I dont see these teams as great trading partners. I dont see Golden State as a team who is going to move Wiggins as a negative value contract.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Texas Chuck

Post#24 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:41 pm

Colbinii wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Wiggins
Wiseman
Minny Pick
GSW Pick

for

Gordon
Wood
Bradley
small filler

Two things

1) Saying Wiseman has no value is definitely a "WTF" moment--no matter how low you personally are on Wiseman (I am quite low), to say he has no value is a joke.

In the future if you have a question about moderation please PM the mod. Or PM a different Mod, I don't care. But please don't backseat moderate.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,764

Post#25 » by Colbinii » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:46 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Two things

In the future if you have a question about moderation please PM the mod. Or PM a different Mod, I don't care. But please don't backseat moderate.

I didn't realize I was moderating, sorry about the confusion.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Bnice5
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#26 » by Bnice5 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:53 pm

Back on track here... mark me down as someone that thinks Houston hit a homerun with the Christian Wood signing... Have a good young player under a great contract for the next two years... I think they let him run out that contract and if they have not put something good together around him by the trade deadline the final year of his contract they flip him then for a king's ransom as that will be a super tradeable impact player...

So i don't think there is any trade right now that would make sense for Houston to give up Wood right now for.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#27 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:09 pm

NYG wrote:Christian Wood for James Wiseman, Kevon Looney and 13th Overall Pick

Rockets embrace their rebuild by taking a chance that Wiseman is better than Wood long-term and get a second lotto pick in the process.

The Warriors embrace their window with Curry by adding a great fit at center without losing the T'Wolves pick.

If the pick stays in the teens, I could get down with this. If it starts getting into single digits (lets say top 10), then I'm gonna want something to balance the scales a little bit better.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#28 » by basketballRob » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:16 pm

Wood doesn't look to good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
ZombieKilla
Rookie
And1: 1,085

Post#29 » by ZombieKilla » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:47 pm

The Rockets wouldn’t trade Wood for Wiseman plus the Minnesota pick.

They certainly wouldn’t even consider anything less than that.
Zan Tabacco
Senior
And1: 281

Post#30 » by Zan Tabacco » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:19 am

babyjax13 wrote:I like it, too, and agree about the depth pieces. If the Minnesota pick conveys it would be interesting to see what they would do afterward, would they also trade it? Maybe MIN 1st + Wiggins + ??? for Jerami Grant? That could be a fun team:

Wood
Green
Siakam
Thompson
Curry

It's pronounced Siakam.
Zan Tabacco
Senior

Post#31 » by Zan Tabacco » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:23 am

Wiggins
Wiseman
Minny Pick
GSW Pick

for

Gordon
Wood
Bradley
small filler

You getting greedy now with this counter. A Wiggins for Gordon swap doesn't equate a top 5 pick.
Zan Tabacco
Senior

Post#32 » by Zan Tabacco » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:26 am

ZombieKilla wrote:The Rockets wouldn’t trade Wood for Wiseman plus the Minnesota pick.

I don't have Wood's value at anything remotely close to this. A recent top 2 pick and another top 5 pick in a better draft. That's the minimum offer in your mind? Damn. Pass. Easily.
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,880

Post#33 » by LarsV8 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:59 am

Texas Chuck wrote:

Wiggins
Wiseman
Minny Pick
GSW Pick

for

Gordon
Wood
Bradley
small filler

:o

This is an unfortunate take and I hope you reconsider.

The trade game is a complicated one, on the forums, in discussion form, and how it occurs in real life. It is quite often that people are aghast at actual trades, whether it be how little a player returns, or how much.

We frequently hear of GMs "scoffing" at other GMs trade offers. This is because value is relative, IE its different for everyone, and implicit of fandom biases. The original proposal was one person's opinion of value, and mine was my own. Neutral observers will likely have their own. My post adds value to the discussion as it conveys what my price would be to part with a player I don't want to part with, in exchange for another player that I do not value. The conversation can evolve from there to mix and match pieces that could possibly work for both sides, or perhaps we can agree that no deal can be had.

I find your enforcement of this rule to be draconian, and counter to constructive dialogue. This is a forum, an exchange of opinion and belief. Perhaps I am just the "Danny Ainge" of posters, whose opinions of his players is too high, in which case, a simple "I think that would be a non starter" reply is appropriate.

In defense of my deal, GS, a team with huge tax issues, removes two albatross contracts off their books, who are contributing nothing, and exchanges them for three useful players, to help salvage the remainder of Steph's prime, in exchange for pick compensation. There is absolutely nothing unreasonable about that and I have no "tactics", only opinions.
ConSarnit
Analyst
And1: 3,649

Post#34 » by ConSarnit » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:27 am

LarsV8 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Wiggins
Wiseman
Minny Pick
GSW Pick

for

Gordon
Wood
Bradley
small filler

:o

This is an unfortunate take and I hope you reconsider.

The trade game is a complicated one, on the forums, in discussion form, and how it occurs in real life. It is quite often that people are aghast at actual trades, whether it be how little a player returns, or how much.

We frequently hear of GMs "scoffing" at other GMs trade offers. This is because value is relative, IE its different for everyone, and implicit of fandom biases. The original proposal was one person's opinion of value, and mine was my own. Neutral observers will likely have their own. My post adds value to the discussion as it conveys what my price would be to part with a player I don't want to part with, in exchange for another player that I do not value. The conversation can evolve from there to mix and match pieces that could possibly work for both sides, or perhaps we can agree that no deal can be had.

I find your enforcement of this rule to be draconian, and counter to constructive dialogue. This is a forum, an exchange of opinion and belief. Perhaps I am just the "Danny Ainge" of posters, whose opinions of his players is too high, in which case, a simple "I think that would be a non starter" reply is appropriate.

In defense of my deal, GS, a team with huge tax issues, removes two albatross contracts off their books, who are contributing nothing, and exchanges them for three useful players, to help salvage the remainder of Steph's prime, in exchange for pick compensation. There is absolutely nothing unreasonable about that and I have no "tactics", only opinions.

No offense, but as a neutral observer your assessment is just way off.

It’s completely disingenuous to call Wiseman an “albatross” contract when he’s the 2nd overall pick, just turned 20 and makes less than the MLE.

GSW also stands to make an estimated $700mil yearly once fans are back and are able withstand heavy tax bills more so than almost any team. Their ownership has shown they are willing to spend, even during this pandemic.

Thirdly, no one is going to give two high lotto picks (Wiseman, MIN pick) and possibly another lotto (GSW ‘21) for maybe the 7th best C in the league. A Center who will likely never be:

-All NBA
-All Defense
-an All Star

You can counter by saying they are dumping Wiggins but as pointed out, GSW can (and has made a conscious decision) to afford the extra cost above his talent level.

Perhaps the deal could be Wiggins + Wiseman (or MIN pick), but certainly not all of the assets you’ve outlined.
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,880

Post#35 » by LarsV8 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:43 am

ConSarnit wrote:
No offense, but as a neutral observer your assessment is just way off.

It’s completely disingenuous to call Wiseman an “albatross” contract when he’s the 2nd overall pick, just turned 20 and makes less than the MLE.

GSW also stands to make an estimated $700mil yearly once fans are back and are able withstand heavy tax bills more so than almost any team. Their ownership has shown they are willing to spend, even during this pandemic.

Thirdly, no one is going to give two high lotto picks (Wiseman, MIN pick) and possibly another lotto (GSW ‘21) for maybe the 7th best C in the league. A Center who will likely never be:

-All NBA
-All Defense
-an All Star

You can counter by saying they are dumping Wiggins but as pointed out, GSW can (and has made a conscious decision) to afford the extra cost above his talent level.

Perhaps the deal could be Wiggins + Wiseman (or MIN pick), but certainly not all of the assets you’ve outlined.

And that is a "GOOD" thing that we disagree and we can talk about it.

I forgot about his team options, with that in mind, I have him as neutral at best. He can be out of the deal for all I care.

I see the Minny pick as comp for taking Wiggins, and then the the GS pick for Wood, and the added value Hou shedding Gordons money.
5paceman
Pro Prospect
And1: 486

Post#36 » by 5paceman » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:43 pm

Wood to the Warriors has been suggested a lot on here. My problem with Wood is that he's an offensive minded small center who wants the rock and to shoot threes and not a defensive anchor type. He's not very big and listed as center just this year right? Also I don't trust his stats from this terrible messed up Rockets team for his breakout year and during this covid season. Then there are the Pistons fans who don't seem to have liked him at all. His shooting percentages look good, then you look at his free-throw at .654. Makes you wonder what would happen when you necessarily cut his attempts in half(this year he's been able to look for his own shot first.) But again, I think defense from a center is what the Warriors want and need anyway.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#37 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:58 pm

vetmin wrote:I’m very hesitant about Jerami Grant trades in general due to the circumstances of his signing in Detroit. Denver offered him the same money, but he specifically chose Detroit because (1) he preferred to have a bigger role on a worse team, and (2) he wanted to play for a Black coach and I think even a Black GM. Trading him to GS (or a lot of the teams proposed for him on T&T) essentially just puts him back in the Denver situation that he deliberately chose to leave. Not worth the potential drama, and also I think it’d really hurt the Pistons’ reputation.

I don’t think he signed in Detroit to be the man on a worse team. I think he signed in Detroit simply because they presented him the opportunity that Denver, even at the same money, simply didn’t offer. He wanted a chance to FINALLY have the opportunity to exhibit his lead ball handling and creating skills, and present is fully offensive skills. Even if Denver matched the salary, they weren’t offering him the role.

I do recall he also loved the opportunity to play for a franchise with both a black head coach and GM, though. But I think the opportunity to “prove himself” was the largest motivator.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#38 » by E S V L » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:09 pm

In 2 years Wiseman will likely be a superstar for the next 10 years. It is very shortsighted, to say the least, trading him now for Woods, who I have always liked.
FK NFL
ZombieKilla
Rookie
And1: 1,085

Post#39 » by ZombieKilla » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:05 pm

Zan Tabacco wrote:
ZombieKilla wrote:The Rockets wouldn’t trade Wood for Wiseman plus the Minnesota pick.

I don't have Wood's value at anything remotely close to this. A recent top 2 pick and another top 5 pick in a better draft. That's the minimum offer in your mind? Damn. Pass. Easily.

Wood wasn't even drafted and he is much better than your 'recent top 2 pick'.
Draft position doesn't matter when you're a bust.
By your logic, Wiggins (#1 pick) has more trade value than Durant (2nd pick), Embiid (3rd pick), Jokic (41st pick), etc...
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#40 » by jwise44 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:14 pm

Wiseman still has the potential to be special, he’s a young big and those can take time...he’s big, mobile, can shoot. Anyone saying he’s a bust is just plain wrong.

We’re keeping wood unless an offer blows us away, though, and in my opinion, wiseman alone isnt the “blow away” offer

Return to Trades and Transactions