IF Nets dont win this year, what does our pick/stuff get us?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: IF Nets dont win this year, what does our pick/stuff get us? 

Post#41 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:11 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:but yet u haven't said one player or players that we can get for him tht would fit the team better.

The entire purpose of this thread was to ask others what they think we could get for him. read the title.

yea and I haven't seen one name I'm interested in to give Claxton up. And asking other fans from other teams is almost a waste because they don't know how valuable Claxton is and they are going to low ball us.

If you dont like what others think would be offered we dont have to make the trade. It doesnt mean its not worth asking. also

1) this board isnt just people who are proposing deals for players on the team they root for
2) most of the trade threads here are people proposing deals involving 2 teams they dont root for
3) this board provides quality ratings on value due to concensus among fans of all 30 teams
4) others "not knowing how valuable claxton is" would be no different then you not knowing how valuable their guys are

there really is no point of you discussing on this board if your stance is: our guys are great, we have the perfect team, we will win it all and if we dont we will 100% retain anyone and not look to make atrade cause no one could give us something worth a 2nd year guy playing 15 minutes
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#42 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:13 am

Papi_swav wrote:And second, I am having a conversation with a fellow Nets board member as to why he would even want to think about giving up Claxton. I don't know where you're coming from talking about making assumptions. Maybe your assumption is part of the problem .

There is no discussion. it is obvious what the motivations are from the title of the thread and the OP. You are on some weird homer crusade here where a team in complete Win-now mode gets even more deperate after not winning would make someone like claxton untouchable if they had major flaws to fill at other positons that were highlighted during their failures in the playoffs.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#43 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:19 am

Papi_swav wrote:No the problem is not the ask, the problem is other teams don't value our own players as much as we do. And also don't know his real worth. I'm not saying we need a superstar here, but I'm just simply asking what other "role player" would be better than what we have now.

This is literally the purpose of this thread. to see what role players could be added for the assets we could trade that would help our big 3 win a title in the event we fail this year. yet you seem to object to the idea that thought could even be entertained, instead of listening to what the fans of 29 other teams have to say about it or what thoughts they have on who may be available.

I simply stated my opinion with a little facts in there. If you can't emotionally handle my opinion or my debate with someone else that didn't include u then simply avoid it or skip over. I disagreed with him and stated my reason why. And yet, nobody else is stating any players worth trading for.

you stated 0 facts. like legit 0. Others are pointing out what that deals may hard cap the nets, the hurdles to a sign and trade, that the nets are limited because they dont have salary to add to shamet or claxton that would allow them to take on a player making more then 6 million.

You really have added 0 to this conversation other then to say its stupid to even discuss the nets trading the attractive young assets they have to trade.... which is absurd given this is the trade and transactions board which exsists specifically to discuss those things. The only person acting out of emotion here is you.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#44 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:51 am

KuruptedCav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Trading picks only count in salary if you draft the player, sign them, and then wait 30 days to include their salary in salary matching rules. Where you’ll likely be drafting, that still combines to get you less than $10m in salary matching, since you’ll be a tax paying team.

In terms of Dinwiddie as a S&T, boy that’s insanely difficult. Say you make a deal where Dinwiddie has to sign for $15-20m, and you pick for the other team in the draft. What do you do if you’re ready to do the deal when Dinwiddie is allowed to sign (a week or two after the draft happened), you’ve already drafted for the other team, and now Dinwiddie says “Max deal or no deal”. You’ve just wasted a draft pick you may not want, otherwise, and the deal falls apart. I’d essentially rule that out completely.

Dinwiddie isnt that guy. if he wants a huge deal (indications he does) he' would just say it up front. he hasnt been shy about that at all

Carlos Boozer was a stand up guy too, until he wasn’t...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Fair enough.

It would still surprise me though. The Nets and Dinwiddie seem to have a pretty public understand that Dinwiddies 1st, second, and 3rd priorities are getting paid and that the team will accomodate that whehter he stays or goes.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Post#45 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:46 am

Prokorov wrote:
KuruptedCav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Dinwiddie isnt that guy. if he wants a huge deal (indications he does) he' would just say it up front. he hasnt been shy about that at all

Carlos Boozer was a stand up guy too, until he wasn’t...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Fair enough.

It would still surprise me though. The Nets and Dinwiddie seem to have a pretty public understand that Dinwiddies 1st, second, and 3rd priorities are getting paid and that the team will accomodate that whehter he stays or goes.

Sure. But that doesn’t mean that he’ll just let Brooklyn negotiate his next deal with another team fully, which this requires. Dinwiddie and his agent being involved would in and of itself cause a CBA violation, since they can’t negotiate with anyone, even Brooklyn, until around 2 weeks later. As a result, any draft type trade involving this years pick AND Dinwiddie packaged together in a S&T is likely to be voided, as it would essentially require a violation of the CBA to occur.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,564

Post#46 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:23 pm

Papi_swav wrote:No the problem is not the ask, the problem is other teams don't value our own players as much as we do. And also don't know his real worth. I'm not saying we need a superstar here, but I'm just simply asking what other "role player" would be better than what we have now.

I didn't assume anything.

Bold statements are just silly, for all the reasons previously explained so well by Chuck.

You simply declaring other teams don't value your teams enough is unfair to any discussion, and certainly contrasts with your lack of assumptions.

Return to Trades and Transactions