Top 3 pick or Wiseman + 4th/5th pick

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Which is worth more

Wiseman + 4th or 5th pick
41%
Top 3 pick
59%

Total votes: 34

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,291

Top 3 pick or Wiseman + 4th/5th pick 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:38 am

Which is worth more to you (in this draft)? GSW fans seem to think C is a devalued position to them, should they try to package these assets to move up for their next franchise cornerstone (Cade/Sugg/Mobley)?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Top 3 pick or Wiseman + 4th/5th pick 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:52 am

Think this one's gonna be super team to team or even individual to individual based. I don't think it's enough for Cade. I wouldn't take it for Suggs either. I'm not entirely sure where I'm at with the rest of the top 5 but feel like if its 3 vs 4/Wiseman the Warriors would probably ride with their guy anyway. And the team trading the pick would just take whichever of Green/Kuminga was there and be content if they don't love Mobley.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#3 » by FNQ » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:03 am

Godaddycurse wrote:Which is worth more to you (in this draft)? GSW fans seem to think C is a devalued position to them, should they try to package these assets to move up for their next franchise cornerstone (Cade/Sugg/Mobley)?

Does it matter if we wouldn’t do it?
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,938

Post#4 » by tmorgan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:12 am

...I still think that anyone that passes on Green is gonna have major regrets later. Except maybe the first pick, for Cade.

If Green has been collectively slotted into the 4th spot by RealGM, so be it. I’d pick him 4th and be frickin thrilled.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#5 » by DroseReturnChi » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:45 am

I called wiseman and edwards was bust and at least half of my prediction is right with other one still pending.
wouldnt trade PAW for wiseman and wolves pick. thats how bad wiseman is doubt he will get 1st rounder with 10mil salary similar to bustt Fultz. But again warriors might wiseman value more because if they get 3rd pick and draft another bust big men they are lottery for next decade.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM

Post#6 » by DroseReturnChi » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:48 am

tmorgan wrote:...I still think that anyone that passes on Green is gonna have major regrets later. Except maybe the first pick, for Cade.

If Green has been collectively slotted into the 4th spot by RealGM, so be it. I’d pick him 4th and be frickin thrilled.

why regret tho? nobody cares abt passing Lavine in late lotto and I knew he had all star potential.
Lavine's archetypes arent simply that valuable. Score 50 points but no D and 5 to a game which makes you literally net neutral.
Give me suggs all day or poku type lanky point forward.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#7 » by kalenclayton » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:06 pm

In general, I think the top 3 pick is worth more. There is an “eye of the beholder” factor here though. If a team like Charlotte (lacking a C of the future) has the 3rd pick and has a choice at picking Mobley or trading for Wiseman and picking Jalen Green, then I think they choose the latter. It all depends on where each team is. Most teams would likely stick with the top-3 pick. I like Wiseman, but I think he only moves you from 4-5 to 3 at best. I don’t think he gets you to 2 or 1.
Nate the Great
Pro Prospect
And1: 380

Post#8 » by Nate the Great » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:19 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:I called wiseman and edwards was bust and at least half of my prediction is right with other one still pending.
wouldnt trade PAW for wiseman and wolves pick. thats how bad wiseman is doubt he will get 1st rounder with 10mil salary similar to bustt Fultz. But again warriors might wiseman value more because if they get 3rd pick and draft another bust big men they are lottery for next decade.

LOL at calling any rookie a bust. Neither of them has played even a full season and you’ve decided their entire careers.

Black Lives Matter
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,748

Post#9 » by gswhoops » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:17 pm

bondom34 wrote:Think this one's gonna be super team to team or even individual to individual based. I don't think it's enough for Cade. I wouldn't take it for Suggs either. I'm not entirely sure where I'm at with the rest of the top 5 but feel like if its 3 vs 4/Wiseman the Warriors would probably ride with their guy anyway. And the team trading the pick would just take whichever of Green/Kuminga was there and be content if they don't love Mobley.

This is the correct answer. You can maybe talk in absolutes on the extremes (Wiseman + 5 doesn’t touch 1, Wiseman + 4 for 3 would be a ridiculous waste of assets) but anywhere in the middle is gonna be context-dependent.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,789

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:52 pm

gswhoops wrote:This is the correct answer. You can maybe talk in absolutes on the extremes (Wiseman + 5 doesn’t touch 1, Wiseman + 4 for 3 would be a ridiculous waste of assets) but anywhere in the middle is gonna be context-dependent.

I don't know about this. It's extremely player specific. Take the 2018 draft. Obviously you can't get to Luka period in a re-draft, but giving up Wiseman to ensure SGA doesn't feel unreasonable at all to me. Or to get Mikal Bridges for me personally.

So I think it depends on how the Warriors evaluate the prospects in this draft and who is sitting there at 3. I would give up Wiseman to ensure Suggs if he was sitting there. Others itt very high on some other guys.

It feels like a lot, but for the right guy its not. Dallas would have had zero regrets if they had to turn over even the Zion pick to the Hawks for instance.

So imo its just too premature to answer this question. But for me Wiseman isn't a special enough prospect for me to rule out using him to get a player I truly loved.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#11 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:50 pm

Charlotte in the house. No way Hornets trade Mobley if he's there. Jokic, Embiid, Adebayo; there are precious few franchise-altering centers in the NBA. This idea that we love Wiseman so much we're willing to pass on a potentially elite player at a position of need is farfetched. I don't see any skill that will separate Wiseman from Jarrett Allen. I'd love to have Jarrett Allen, and that's best case scenario for Wiseman. Jarrett Allen plus Green doesn't get you a franchise-changing player. Hornets resisted the urge to deal LaMelo. Multiple teams were rumored to have interest. Wolves and Warriors loved their guy too much to grab of those offers. But the Hornets could have passed on a potential franchise player and didn't drop back to a lower tier. That's the precedent.
It has been written...
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#12 » by TD2FutureStar » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:40 am

Really depends on the pick. Is it 1, 2 or 3? All 3 have different answers.

Wiseman doesn't look all that great but he's still in.his first year and went #2. So if it's pick 3 vs Wideman and 4 then I'd take Wiseman+4 package.

Pick 1 its a no brainer to take Cade any run for any team.

Pick 2 is where it gets tricky, but I'd probably take it over Wiseman package as well.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM

Post#13 » by DroseReturnChi » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:19 pm

oops. now wiseman has literally no value feel bad for him and warriors.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#14 » by NYG » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:04 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:oops. now wiseman has literally no value feel bad for him and warriors.

What’s the recovery time on meniscus injury?

Return to Trades and Transactions