[UTA - OKC - GSW] Bogdanovic to GSW, late lotto pick to OKC

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,296

[UTA - OKC - GSW] Bogdanovic to GSW, late lotto pick to OKC 

Post#1 » by babyjax13 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:56 pm

Post-draft (rights to players).
Scenario: Utah decides it needs more defense and rebounding at power forward, and decides that the expendable piece they have is Bogdanovic. Golden State wants to bolster their wing rotation and grab a player who can provide elite spacing, especially for nights when Curry or Thompson rest.

Utah trades: Bojan Bogdanovic, 2021 UTA 1st (30)
Utah receives: Lu Dort, Darius Bazley
Why Utah does it: get a long-term pairing with Mitchell who should be a bit more efficient with the better looks generated by Utah's offense + personnel, and add a young power forward who is already a good defender. Utah also generates about a $14.5 million TPE.

Golden State trades: Andrew Wiggins, 2021 GSW 1st (13)
Golden State receives: Bojan Bogdanovic, Kenrich Williams
Golden State cuts salary and puts together a legitimate rotation at small forward with two guys that should fit very well into their system. They also drop a bit of salary.

Oklahoma City trades: Lu Dort, Darius Bazley, Kenrich Williams
Oklahoma City receives: Andrew Wiggins, 2021 GSW 1st (13), 2021 UTA 1st (30)
OKC continues to cash in with picks. I imagine this as a part of a scenario to move up, or because they have someone they like at 13.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Re: [UTA - OKC - GSW] Bogdanovic to GSW, late lotto pick to OKC 

Post#2 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:00 pm

I see no reason at all for OKC to participate in this. Maybe the picks are fair-ish, but they've not much need for more picks, and Dort, Bazley, and Williams are all good players with potential, and on dirt cheap contracts. It seems like they're getting no value for taking on Wiggins' contract and just giving up those guys for relatively free.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#3 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:02 pm

Dort and Kenrich are the types of try hards that help a young team develop. I think moving them for the exact opposite type of player (Wiggins) and some picks (when they already have millions) is a bad move. Not to mention Bazley still is a kid.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#4 » by Warriors Analyst » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:04 pm

Kudos, this is a well designed Wiggins deal on the Warriors end. I'd give this serious consideration. I'm not sure how I feel about the defensive drop off from Wiggins --> Bogdanovic and I'd probably be inclined to start Williams. But this then makes me wonder what happens in FA. Do we keep Oubre, who wants to start? I wouldn't want him starting over Williams or Bodganovic and he's really the only wing we can get with anything more than TPMLE.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,091

Post#5 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:11 pm

Yeah I see this as OKC just taking Wiggins for free as I have the collection of Dort, Williams, and Bazley as worth the picks. No dice.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,294

Post#6 » by Godaddycurse » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:12 pm

Why wouldnt GSW just cut Utah out and get Dort + Bazley + Williams themselves with 13 (plus filler/value as needed)?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,817

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:20 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:Dort and Kenrich are the types of try hards that help a young team develop. I think moving them for the exact opposite type of player (Wiggins) and some picks (when they already have millions) is a bad move. Not to mention Bazley still is a kid.

They are also the sort of players who impede a tank. If OKC was going to lean into the tank for 2 more years then I don't mind this deal for them. And considering all signs are they are leaning into the tank for next year already....

I do think the value is light for OKC, but I don't mind the thinking here if they are going this direction.(full disclosure--I think they should be buying).
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,296

Post#8 » by babyjax13 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:32 am

Godaddycurse wrote:Why wouldnt GSW just cut Utah out and get Dort + Bazley + Williams themselves with 13 (plus filler/value as needed)?

I think they'd be improving their team much more in the short-term by going for Bogdanovic than those three. Not sure how to route more value to OKC to make this work, so probably DOA.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#9 » by FNQ » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:49 am

I'm really not into Bogey at the expense of Wiggins. Our lone healthy good perimeter defender.. I just dont think he's going anywhere unless its for a star. This one uses money savings as part of the value, and that's just not something I'd be interested in

Return to Trades and Transactions