Minnesota-Toronto (ARod takes a swing)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Re: Minnesota-Toronto (ARod takes a swing) 

Post#41 » by Yenrallik1111 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:52 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Yenrallik1111 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:OK, so this is dependent on a couple things. 1) That the Wolves get their pick this year and 2) that this wouldn't piss KAT off. If those things are a go then:

Wolves send out: DLO and their 1st rounder (ONLY 2 or 3, so no Cade)

Raptors send out: Pascal Siakam and their 1st rounder (let's say it lands at 10th)

So the teams swap their underwhelming players and because DLO is worse, the raps get a boost to move up into the top 4 picks for the trouble.

Wolves get a PF who can fit in well with him and A1 as PS is perfect for that 3rd option on offense and provides someone who can actually play defense on that team. They lose the blue-chipper but they need actual players to help KAT now, before he asks out. This way they get someone who can fill a major roll while still staying in the top 10 and adding someone. Maybe the SF from Michigan could work well with that team.

Raptors get another guard which can allow them to either move FVV for stuff while also giving them GTJ insurance in case they don't want to match w/e he gets this summer. Also allows them to move up high enough to grab Mobley to replace the size they are losing by Siakam's departure.

Slim, really man? GTJ is doing well and at 22 is worth considering for a decent contract. I have my reservations but D'LO?? The rates on that insurance looks pretty lousy. I could be open to moving Pascal but giving up a lotto pick to maybe get a top 5 while continuing to pay the Pascal type contract for more undersized back court play?? Kyle and Fred were never a stud defensive backcourt. D'LO is quite the drop off at this point ( defensively that is). Wouldn't want to move on from Fred in favor of D'LO either, no chance really. And what about Kyle? Does he just walk and we get nothing for him. I am not seeing the logic in this at all

I was under the idea that Kyle is gone either way. I can see having problems with letting GTJ walk since you traded for him but DLOs ceiling is higher imo. Also, you can just trade FVV for a first or w/e too.

not entirely sure about the Kyle situation, but I would not doubt he is gone. it is not about just trading for GTJ recently, it is about him being 22 year olds and playing well. I do not see DLO's ceiling being all that much higher, on top of his injury concerns. his 30 plus million annually. this is not a smart play to hand him the keys to the offense. I question his leadership too, there is the chemistry concerns. and again not going to just trade FVV to make room for DLO. rather keep fred/gary/pascal and whatever pick for DLO, a maybe top 5 pick and the unknown given the suggestion of moving on from Fred in favor of DLO. this is pretty much completely the entire championship core gone. again, not logical and really poorly thought through for the raptors short and long term
Econgrad
Rookie
And1: 80

Re: Minnesota-Toronto (ARod takes a swing) 

Post#42 » by Econgrad » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:09 pm

slos wrote:Minny shouldn't trade #1 or #2 with Cade and Suggs there to take. But Siakam for #3, Rubio, Hernangomez, Layman is really interesting. Mobley and/or Green will be there for Toronto. I don't know who adds value in this scenario, but the bones are OK.

I like it, but as a Raps fan, I'd prefer Okogie over Layman if possible. I think Siakam would be a much better fit next to Towns than where he fits in with the Raptors now.

Return to Trades and Transactions