Chicago / Knicks (Randle and Knox for Lauri and White)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Chicago / Knicks (Randle and Knox for Lauri and White) 

Post#1 » by slos » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:54 pm

Simple trade Bulls and New York

Randle and Knox for Lauri (s/t 4y/80mil) and White

Why Chicago? They create their borderline All Star 3 using the rest of their young guys they don't seem to love. LaVine/Randle/Vuc won't bring them a championship but can lead them to the playoffs, Sato/Young/Aminu/Theis (resign) are good role vets to compliment them, Williams can grow faster in this good core. Bulls fill their rotation with TBJ/Knox/#40 to see if there is something valuable there and keep some money open to use their exceptions.

Why Knicks? They take it slow and cash in (expiring) Randle replacing him with a younger PF (Markkanen) locked in a long term deal and another promising PG (White). New York will now have an exciting young core with White/Quickley/Barrett/Markkanen/Robinson and Toppin/#18(own)/#21(DAL)/#33(DET). They will also have 45-50 mil in cap space to compliment their young guys with experienced vets.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 1,995

Re: Chicago / Knicks (Randle and Knox for Lauri and White) 

Post#2 » by Rockazoids » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:28 pm

slos wrote:Simple trade Bulls and New York

Randle and Knox for Lauri (s/t 4y/80mil) and White

Why Chicago? They create their borderline All Star 3 using the rest of their young guys they don't seem to love. LaVine/Randle/Vuc won't bring them a championship but can lead them to the playoffs, Sato/Young/Aminu/Theis (resign) are good role vets to compliment them, Williams can grow faster in this good core. Bulls fill their rotation with TBJ/Knox/#40 to see if there is something valuable there and keep some money open to use their exceptions.

Why Knicks? They take it slow and cash in (expiring) Randle replacing him with a younger PF (Markkanen) locked in a long term deal and another promising PG (White). New York will now have an exciting young core with White/Quickley/Barrett/Markkanen/Robinson and Toppin/#18(own)/#21(DAL)/#33(DET). They will also have 45-50 mil in cap space to compliment their young guys with experienced vets.
New York hangs up and and tell Chicago they are on a Do Not Call list.

Sent from my LM-G900 using RealGM mobile app
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Post#3 » by the_process » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:09 pm

I was going to say this is too good for the Knicks. Randle has definitely made a jump, but that has to be tempered by the fact Thibs lets him go ham with the ball 40 mins a night. No other team competing for the playoffs would use Randle like the Knicks do. But I don’t blame NY for wanting to win whatever they can as much as they can right now. So I would see both teams declining even though I personally like this directionally for the Knicks.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 1,995

Post#4 » by Rockazoids » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:22 pm

the_process wrote:I was going to say this is too good for the Knicks. Randle has definitely made a jump, but that has to be tempered by the fact Thibs lets him go ham with the ball 40 mins a night. No other team competing for the playoffs would use Randle like the Knicks do. But I don’t blame NY for wanting to win whatever they can as much as they can right now. So I would see both teams declining even though I personally like this directionally for the Knicks.
Randle only played 42 minutes because there two starting centers are out.

Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#5 » by ChettheJet » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:38 pm

Knicks aren't interested, Randle has found an NBA game in NY. Knox still doesn't get many minutes so who knows what he's worth. Markkanen is still searching for an NBA attitude and health, does White start next to Barrett or back him up?
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Post#6 » by the_process » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:41 pm

Rockazoids wrote:
the_process wrote:I was going to say this is too good for the Knicks. Randle has definitely made a jump, but that has to be tempered by the fact Thibs lets him go ham with the ball 40 mins a night. No other team competing for the playoffs would use Randle like the Knicks do. But I don’t blame NY for wanting to win whatever they can as much as they can right now. So I would see both teams declining even though I personally like this directionally for the Knicks.
Randle only played 42 minutes because there two starting centers are out.

I rounded up from the 37 he actually averages every night. He does lead the league in minutes played, which was where I was going with that.

Return to Trades and Transactions