Hawks / Blazers / Raptors (S&T)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Re: Hawks / Blazers / Raptors (S&T) 

Post#21 » by Buzzard » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:33 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:This part looks just wrong to me:

Buzzard wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:Powell is nice, I'd take him over Bog in a vacuum, it's not the right timing in this trade for Atl.

No way. Not even in a vacuum.

I absolutely take Powell over Bogdan in a vacuum, and also next to Trae. I think almost anyone who isn't a fan of Bogdan's current team would be agreeing here.

Or to summarize the full part:

Collins + Bogdan >>>>>>>>>>> Powell >> Bogdan

Powell is a up and coming potential free agent in this weak class. But I still take Bogdan's overall game in a vacuum.

Edit: I projected 18/5/5 and Bogdan being a potential late bloomer in another thread a week or two ago. Some agreed with me. Some said he just needed to be in the right situation. Others did not think he could hit those numbers. You are certainly entitled to your opinion If you think his current 14.1/3.7/3.0 is closer to his ceiling.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#22 » by TD2FutureStar » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:21 am

How much is Collins deal worth in this s@t to Toronto. If it's a max or close to max then this is terrible value for Toronto. Even then, I'd much rather have Siakam than Collins.
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#23 » by Yenrallik1111 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:31 am

Buzzard wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:Powell is nice, I'd take him over Bog in a vacuum, it's not the right timing in this trade for Atl.

No way. Not even in a vacuum. Bogdan is averaging 22.4/4.9/4.4 with shooting splits of .510/.526/.867 for the 9 games in April. His TS% is off the charts Curry like at .666 TS%.

Bogdan is looking like the perfect back court partner for Trae during this run. Trading Bogdan and downgrading to Gallinari or Okongwu would be a bad mistake.

I know ya And'1 my post, much appreciated. cutting out portland is logical. but I must say ... reasoning bogs over powell based on a 9 game stretch is pretty poor reasoning. I remember someone named jeremy lin had quite the stint as a knick.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#24 » by Buzzard » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:37 am

Yenrallik1111 wrote:
Buzzard wrote:

No way. Not even in a vacuum. Bogdan is averaging 22.4/4.9/4.4 with shooting splits of .510/.526/.867 for the 9 games in April. His TS% is off the charts Curry like at .666 TS%.

Bogdan is looking like the perfect back court partner for Trae during this run. Trading Bogdan and downgrading to Gallinari or Okongwu would be a bad mistake.

I know ya And'1 my post, much appreciated. cutting out portland is logical. but I must say ... reasoning bogs over powell based on a 9 game stretch is pretty poor reasoning. I remember someone named jeremy lin had quite the stint as a knick.

Bogdan has been in the league 4 seasons. His shooting splits and per 36 pointed in this direction. The minutes and opportunity was not there in Sacramento. Being in Atlanta and alongside Trae seems to be what the doctor ordered.

Edit: I should also mention a heck of a coach in McMillan as well.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#25 » by Yenrallik1111 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:48 am

Buzzard wrote:
Yenrallik1111 wrote:
Buzzard wrote:No way. Not even in a vacuum. Bogdan is averaging 22.4/4.9/4.4 with shooting splits of .510/.526/.867 for the 9 games in April. His TS% is off the charts Curry like at .666 TS%.

Bogdan has been in the league 4 seasons and his per 36 pointed in this direction. The minutes and opportunity was not there in Sacramento. Being in Atlanta and alongside Trae seems to be what the doctor ordered.

Edit: I should also mention a hell of a coach in McMillan as well.

agree McMillan has had a solid coaching career. feels like he is kind of flying under the radar a bit. maybe bogs can keep it up. there is a couple variables in my mind. what does Powell's contract look like this summer. and I wonder about bogs ability to compare defensively. feel like powell has a noticeably higher ceiling in that area
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#26 » by Buzzard » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:00 am

Yenrallik1111 wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Yenrallik1111 wrote:

Bogdan has been in the league 4 seasons and his per 36 pointed in this direction. The minutes and opportunity was not there in Sacramento. Being in Atlanta and alongside Trae seems to be what the doctor ordered.

Edit: I should also mention a hell of a coach in McMillan as well.

agree McMillan has had a solid coaching career. feels like he is kind of flying under the radar a bit. maybe bogs can keep it up. there is a couple variables in my mind. what does Powell's contract look like this summer. and I wonder about bogs ability to compare defensively. feel like powell has a noticeably higher ceiling in that area

I think Powell gets his 15 - 20. Probably the high side due to all the signings/extensions. If things would have stayed put, 4/60 would have been good. But he will be highly coveted in this class now.

I like Bogdan's all around game and its needed with the Hawks lack of a solid backup PG. Giving Trae a break off the ball is a good thing. He is really young and before McMillan came along Pierce used him up. You could see Trae was gassed in some of the 4th quarters. Pierce's pace was high as well which compounded the fatigue.

Nothing wrong with Powell. I just like Bogdan better.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,491

Post#27 » by jayjaysee » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:23 am

I think it’s pretty obvious that Toronto and Atlanta pass. But not sure why we can’t just admit the better player is the better player.

I think Powell goes to the highest bidder this offseason though; not sure if that’s Portland, Dallas, NY, Memphis, or where. I do think Portland could keep him, their three guard lineup seems to work well enough and they could limit it by adding a quality forward and always having two of the three guards on the court.. Or they could look at a CJ trade and pay Powell..

But they can’t steal Pascal like this unfortunately
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#28 » by Buzzard » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:54 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I think it’s pretty obvious that Toronto and Atlanta pass. But not sure why we can’t just admit the better player is the better player.

I think Powell goes to the highest bidder this offseason though; not sure if that’s Portland, Dallas, NY, Memphis, or where. I do think Portland could keep him, their three guard lineup seems to work well enough and they could limit it by adding a quality forward and always having two of the three guards on the court.. Or they could look at a CJ trade and pay Powell..

But they can’t steal Pascal like this unfortunately

I am all about projecting in this instance. Especially per 36 numbers with a solid sample size. Bogdan's per 36 the previous two seasons is based off of 27.8 and 29.0 minutes. This season its based off of 27.6 minutes. If I was using the typical 15 - 20 minute numbers that some try to project, I would be singing a different tune. Bogdan's counting stats and shooting splits are pretty stellar.

I am not saying I could not be wrong. But I do like my chances. We can for sure revisit this at the end of the season and on into next season.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#29 » by PDXKnight » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:04 pm

lol this would be a dream for portland. Realistically not happening