Memphis go for #5, GSW go for title

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Re: Memphis go for #5, GSW go for title 

Post#21 » by DroseReturnChi » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:04 pm

mademan wrote:
Reign23 wrote:yeah I think MEM would have to add another first at least.

It's not just a problem of value tho. I dont think this trade makes GSW definitely better next year, which is the larger issue. Their assets should be sold to build a contender, and Bane/Clarke, decent depth pieces, are not that

well, GSW could do wolves for JJJ which is most fair but as soon as your adding wiggins your not getting a prime star bc he dilutes the value of the pick.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#22 » by E S V L » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:11 pm

mademan wrote:

It's not just a problem of value tho. I dont think this trade makes GSW definitely better next year, which is the larger issue. Their assets should be sold to build a contender, and Bane/Clarke, decent depth pieces, are not that

It does make GSW better. Clarke is an outstanding rim-runner/finisher. His PnR with Curry would be deadly. There is also Wiseman.

Bane is a 45% shooter. He can be easily more than 50% or even 60% with Klay and Steph.

Look how low IQ Wiggins and Oubre performed this season and imagine what high IQ Clarke and Bane are capable of.

And you get 2 draft choices and 20 mln TRE/cap relief.

GSW should take this offer and run :)
FK NFL
NW
Starter
And1: 347

Post#23 » by NW » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:35 pm

E S V L wrote:
mademan wrote:

It does make GSW better. Clarke is an outstanding rim-runner/finisher. His PnR with Curry would be deadly. There is also Wiseman.

Bane is a 45% shooter. He can be easily more than 50% or even 60% with Klay and Steph.

Look how low IQ Wiggins and Oubre performed this season and imagine what high IQ Clarke and Bane are capable of.

Wiseman will be as good and likely better run runner finisher than Clarke. The pick likely gets a wing as good or better than Bane. Wiggins on his defense alone is more useful to the Warriors needs than either.

All that for lower picks and cap relief that doesn’t offer any cap space? Pass
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#24 » by Warriors Analyst » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:12 am

E S V L wrote:
mademan wrote:

I like Bane a lot. Your projections are delusional. If Bane "easily" got to 50% 3P, he'd have an argument for best shooter in the league. If he got up to 60%, he'd be in the conversation for the greatest shooters to ever live. Wiggins has been fine for the Warriors. He's overpaid yes, but our lineup is a mess of low IQ players who don't know where to go stand and aren't respected as shooters. Wiggins is occasionally passive and not a consistent shooter, but he's frankly one of the players I worry about least on a night to night basis. Oubre, Wiseman, and Paschall are the problems here. Not Wiggins.

Return to Trades and Transactions