Bulls-Celtics followed up with Celtics-Kings

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,317

Bulls-Celtics followed up with Celtics-Kings 

Post#1 » by hugepatsfan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:54 pm

Trade #1 with CHI...

BOS gets: G Coby White, F Al Faroq Aminu (taken into Hayward TPE)
CHI gets: 2021 BOS 1st rounder (projected #19), G Payton Pritchard, G Romeo Langford

White has not excelled in his role in CHI. Aminu is dead weight money taken on to facilitate the Vucevic deal. Pritchard is a solid backup PG on a rookie deal. Langford has been terrific defensively in his short career so far and carries some offensive upside. The 1st rounder is a chip they can use to find another rotation piece. They save some money in this deal.

Trade #2... have to wait 30 days so Aminu's deal can be aggregated.

BOS gets: F Harrison Barnes
SAC gets: G/F Aaron Nesmith, F Grant Williams, F Al Faroq Aminu, 2022 BOS 1st rounder (lottery protected)

SAC adds some rookie scale players for Barnes. Pretty common theme on this board, something they might explore direction wise in the offseason.

BOS's new lineup would be:

Kemba / White
Brown / Smart
Tatum / Fournier (re-signed to 2 year deal, even at higher AAV)
Barnes / Ojeleye (re-signed)
R Williams / Thompson

BOS makes all out financial commitment for the next 2 years when Walker/Barnes expire before repeater rate worries kick in. Hence keeping Fournier to a 2 year deal even at higher AAV so he lines up with that. White could be their PG of the future when Kemba is up. The Williams/Thompson combo has worked well since the deadline. Barnes and a full year of Fournier helps with seconday scoring/playmaking/shooting.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Re: Bulls-Celtics followed up with Celtics-Kings 

Post#2 » by BadWolf » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:23 pm

well, you're not a homer :D
I might be wrong, but I'd prefer each asset Boston is sending over White, even Romeo.
Second deal is more palatable, but I'm not really sure barnes and his salary is in best interest for Boston.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#3 » by SNPA » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:28 pm

Kings would want the 2021 first if they decide to go this direction.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#4 » by ChettheJet » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:52 pm

Bulls sign on for that and bring their own pen and a backup Sharpie.

White just never got the hang of being a PG, whatever it was he just didn't. So they need a PG, maybe that's Ball maybe that's a draft pick. If the Bulls figure to keep Lavine there aren't many minutes as a SG behind him so no point to keeping White. Langford can be that backup SG, Pritchard maybe becomes the backup PG and they recoup a FRP in this draft.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#5 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:21 pm

It sounds like the Kings weren't sold on this package at the deadline (likely without Aminu being included, and a 2021 1st instead of 22).

Now certainly things could have changed, Kings are on a massive losing streak, the team looks lost, Walton is a joke. But I think they look at some other options for Barnes, hopefully try to find 1 nice asset instead of a bunch of meh.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#6 » by DroseReturnChi » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:46 pm

hugepatsfan wrote:Trade #1 with CHI...

BOS gets: G Coby White, F Al Faroq Aminu (taken into Hayward TPE)
CHI gets: 2021 BOS 1st rounder (projected #19), G Payton Pritchard, G Romeo Langford

White has not excelled in his role in CHI. Aminu is dead weight money taken on to facilitate the Vucevic deal. Pritchard is a solid backup PG on a rookie deal. Langford has been terrific defensively in his short career so far and carries some offensive upside. The 1st rounder is a chip they can use to find another rotation piece. They save some money in this deal.

AK does this in nanosecond but dumb trade by celtics why would ainge take back 10mil of trash and give up 3 lottery pick type assets? If you look at Chicago, AK will give up late first to just get rid of aminu because his 10mil prevents signing Ball.
Unless its salary match, I think one of boston 21 and pritchard is good enough with langford. even that seems overpay for bust White who seems to be out of league working mcdonalds.
Literally every Bulls prosepct is valued free around the league. Al horford Carter was shipped for bag of chips and superstar Lauri number 2 option on Dallas will walk.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,929

Post#7 » by meekrab » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:51 pm

Celts overpaying for latent potential a bit but it helps Chicago save face if Coby does turn it around wearing green, at least they didn't trade him for a top 55 protected second or whatever.

Not intimately familiar with how TPEs work, does Boston actually need Aminu's salary to match Barnes or could they use it for him without the initial trade?
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#8 » by BullyKing » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:11 am

Couldn't you just have Boston pick the guy Chicago wants on draft night and then just do a three team after the draft?
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,317

Post#9 » by hugepatsfan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:11 am

BullyKing wrote:Couldn't you just have Boston pick the guy Chicago wants on draft night and then just do a three team after the draft?

No because Boston needs to aggregate Aminu’s salary with Nesmith and Grant to match on the Barnes trade. They don’t have a TPE big enough to bring him in. If they did it as a 3 team deal, Nesmith/Langford/Grant/Pritchard isn’t enough to match salary on Barnes, even if you add in Carsen Edwards. So because I wanted to keep Smart and Thompson, I had to get Aminu first and then wait so I could aggregate his salary in a trade.
sportfan6197
Senior
And1: 321

Post#10 » by sportfan6197 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:38 am

This is a really stupid deal for Boston...no idea what your goal is here and it’s extremely short sighted

You are essentially giving up 6 first round picks, (ie future picks + first round players that have multiple years on their rookie deal still) for a discount 2021 Kemba and Harrison Barnes who doesn’t move the needle?

Adding Barnes salary makes it practically impossible to bring back Fournier. You have 3 nearly max contracts + $20M of Barnes and $20+ of Smart/Rozier. You’re implying Fournier is going to get $20M as well. That is not practical for this team at the upside of adding a slightly above average starter. Oh, and that’s not including Timelord’s extension.

Also make it unable for Boston to trade any prospects (except Coby?) and picks until 2025 (2023 locked due to protections, 2024 cant be moved due to Stepien).
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Post#11 » by Sactowndog » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:03 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:It sounds like the Kings weren't sold on this package at the deadline (likely without Aminu being included, and a 2021 1st instead of 22).

Now certainly things could have changed, Kings are on a massive losing streak, the team looks lost, Walton is a joke. But I think they look at some other options for Barnes, hopefully try to find 1 nice asset instead of a bunch of meh.

Their are a couple 2021 guys slipping who might be available with that pick. I would do it if Zaire Williams or Garuba is still on the board at Boston’s pick. But Boston isn’t giving up Langford so it’s really Nesmith and maybe Grant Williams plus the pick for Barnes.

Sac should have made the trade when Barnes was hot and playing well.

Return to Trades and Transactions