[SAC-BOS-NOP-DET] Sacramento dumps salary

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Re: [SAC-BOS-NOP-DET] Sacramento dumps salary 

Post#21 » by cl2117 » Wed May 5, 2021 7:13 pm

Who-rod wrote:Couldn't the Celtics just re-sign Fournier (hopefully back to full health) for a similar amount or less than Barnes, keep our assets, and our most consistent center, and pay the luxury tax?

Yup. Think that's the plan.

The issue is just at what price does Fournier come back. It's a poor FA market and teams have cash to burn. If you overpay him too much you've got a) the luxury tax to pay and b) a risky albatross-esque contract for 3-4 years. Somewhere between 4/85 and 5/85 and I think Ainge comes out pretty happy with how things went down with the TPE. Beyond that and you might just need to let him walk and accept that it was a gamble that didn't pay off.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#22 » by Spin Move » Wed May 5, 2021 8:13 pm

Nesmith is good, how good time will tell, Brad finally stopped being an idiot and started giving him consistent PT. We don't need Barnes unless we lose Fournier in free agency, so I definitely pass. For the Celtics. We have no inceentive to move TT he doesnt even make that much and is an expiring next year.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,490

Post#23 » by Patsfan1081 » Fri May 7, 2021 12:55 am

Who-rod wrote:Couldn't the Celtics just re-sign Fournier (hopefully back to full health) for a similar amount or less than Barnes, keep our assets, and our most consistent center, and pay the luxury tax?

I think Ainge has to just to save face. If he hadn’t of traded for Fournier I would have been down for this trade, but at this point you used up a huge chunk of that tpe and prob won’t have another way outside of hitting in the draft to add a depth piece that good. I also think Williams has been easily more consistent when healthy, but you can’t have just him and Kornet as big men on a playoff team.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#24 » by DetroitDon15 » Sat May 8, 2021 3:55 am

No thanks for Detroit. No need to take on two back end bench guys plus a salary dump for a second rounder. Need a first to take on salary (see the Snell/Leuer) deal for Detroit.
BuddyBuckets
Rookie
And1: 963

Post#25 » by BuddyBuckets » Sun May 9, 2021 7:47 am

I wouldn't mind Buddy back on the Pels. I'd do this without the Bos 1st just to lose Bledsoe. Lonzo and Buddy and Ingram is solid 3pt shooting around Zion.

Return to Trades and Transactions