NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, Mamba4Goat, Trader_Joe, loserX, BullyKing, pacers33granger, Andre Roberstan, Texas Chuck

NYG
General Manager
Posts: 8,293
And1: 1,410
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#1 » by NYG » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:26 am

Playoff Results
76ers over Hawks
Nets over Bucks
Jazz over Clippers
Suns over Nuggets

Nets over 76ers
Jazz over Suns

Jazz over Nets

Coach Hirings
Boston Celtics hire David Vanterpool
Indiana Pacers hire Brett Brown
Milwaukee Bucks hire Mike D'Antoni
New Orleans Pelicans hire Kenny Atkinson
Orlando Magic hire Adrian Griffin
Portland Trail Blazers hire Chauncey Billups
San Antonio Spurs hire Mike Budenholzer
Washington Wizards hire Sam Cassell

Draft Lottery (with simulated order)
1. Oklahoma City Thunder - Cade Cunningham
2. Houston Rockets - Evan Mobley
3. Orlando Magic - Jalen Suggs
4. Sacramento Kings - Jalen Green
5. Detroit Pistons - Jonathan Kuminga
6. Cleveland Cavaliers - Scottie Barnes
7. Golden State Warriors (via Minnesota Timberwolves) - Keon Johnson
8. Toronto Raptors - Davion Mitchell
9. Orlando Magic (via Chicago Bulls) - Corey Kispert
10. New Orleans Pelicans - Moses Moody
11. Charlotte Hornets - Kai Jones
12. San Antonio Spurs - Franz Wagner
13. Indiana Pacers - Jalen Johnson
14. Golden State Warriors - Josh Giddey

Free Agents Above $20 Million 2021-22 Salary
Chris Paul, Phoenix Suns (3 year, MAX)
Kawhi Leonard, Los Angeles Clippers (4 year, MAX)
Mike Conley, Utah Jazz (2 year, $50 Million)
Kyle Lowry, Miami Heat (2 year, $50 Million)
DeMar DeRozan, San Antonio Spurs (1+1 (TO), $50 Million)
Dennis Schröder, Los Angeles Lakers (4 year, $84 Million)
Evan Fournier, Memphis Grizzlies (4 year, $88 Million)
Norm Powell, Portland Trail Blazers (4 year, $88 Million)
Lonzo Ball, New Orleans Pelicans (4 year, MAX (matched Bulls/Knicks offer))
John Collins, Atlanta Hawks (4 year, MAX (matched Spurs offer))
Gary Trent Jr., Toronto Raptors (4 year, $92 Million)
Jarrett Allen, Cleveland Cavaliers (4 year, $92 Million)

Free Agents Above $10 Million/Below $20 Million 2021-22 Salary
Goran Dragic, New York Knicks (1+1 (TO), $30 Million)
Tim Hardaway Jr., Dallas Mavericks (4 year, $64 Million)
Kelly Oubre Jr., New York Knicks (1+1 (TO), $30 Million)
Spencer Dinwiddie, Chicago Bulls (4 year, $64 Million)
Josh Richardson, New York Knicks (1+1 (TO), $26 Million)
Lauri Markkanen, Dallas Mavericks (4 year, $64 Million)
Richaun Holmes, Sacramento Kings (4 year, $64 Million)
Malik Monk, Charlotte Hornets (4 year, $56 Million)
Devonte' Graham, Charlotte Hornets (4 year, $56 Million)
Duncan Robinson, Miami Heat (4 year, $64 Million)
Kelly Olynyk, San Antonio Spurs (3 year, $39 Million)

Top 5 Trades
Ben Simmons and Tyrese Maxey for Bradley Beal (extended)

Russell Westbrook for Patrick Beverley, Luke Kennard, Marcus Morris and 25th Overall Draft Pick

Kristaps Porzingis for Buddy Hield and Marvin Bagley III

Al Horford for Eric Bledsoe and Steven Adams

John Wall and Eric Gordon for Kemba Walker, Tristan Thompson and Romeo Langford
GobertReport
RealGM
Posts: 11,697
And1: 2,771
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
   

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#2 » by GobertReport » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:31 am

The artist formally known as Underkanter.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 50,155
And1: 10,622
Joined: Jun 23, 2001
   

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#3 » by BBallFreak » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:24 pm

Interesting.

What do you see happening with Victor Oladipo and Kendrick Nunn?
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 43,201
And1: 23,519
Joined: Jun 29, 2006
       

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#4 » by loserX » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:38 pm

As always I am very impressed with the level of scope and detail you put into posts like these. Very well done!

NYG wrote:Jazz over Nets


Tbh I stopped reading here :rock: :rock:
JRoy
Analyst
Posts: 3,047
And1: 2,016
Joined: Feb 27, 2019

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#5 » by JRoy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:42 pm

Pretty solid list.

I expect POR to shake things up in a big way but I’ve expected that before and been disappointed.

I’ll predict Norm Powell resigns only if guaranteed the starting sg slot, so CJ gets moved.
User avatar
BleedGreen1989
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,320
And1: 2,820
Joined: May 18, 2013

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#6 » by BleedGreen1989 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:48 pm

Love this. Well done sir. Appreciate the read.
BlazersBroncos
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,504
And1: 4,160
Joined: Oct 27, 2016

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#7 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:59 pm

I love the upside of Lauri to Dallas at 16M AV. I think that could be a hell of a steal in a few years time. Even if he is just a floor stretching big, assuming he can get to 40% 3PT from those Doncic kickouts, thats a fair price. But there is upside as well. Would be a great move if KP is jettisoned.
E S V L
Veteran
Posts: 2,785
And1: 829
Joined: Dec 19, 2017
Location: Toronto
     

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#8 » by E S V L » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:02 pm

Stop sending Fournier to Memphis. There is no f...g chance it might happen.
aguiar95
Senior
Posts: 682
And1: 315
Joined: Mar 10, 2020
     

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#9 » by aguiar95 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:15 pm

Dallas ends up with:

Luka/Brunson
Hield/THJ
DFS/Green
Bagley/Kleber
Markkanen/Powell

In this scenario, Dallas wouldn't offer THJ money (because of Hield), instead we would try and poach Holmes (they can keep Bagley).

Luka/Brunson
Hield/Green
DFS/MLE
Markkanen/Kleber
Holmes/Powell
vetmin
Junior
Posts: 298
And1: 87
Joined: Mar 12, 2020

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#10 » by vetmin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:55 pm

Love stuff like this. Great job.

One comment: I'm not so sure about GSW drafting Keon Johnson. IIRC, in Bob Myers' exit interview, he indicated that in the 2021 draft (if they don't trade their pick(s)) they'd be focused on guys who can contribute right away, and isn't Keon Johnson pretty raw? After the Smailagic debacle and the constant fumbling of Wiseman's development -- plus the greater pressure from Steph, Draymond, and Klay to return to contention -- I don't think they have an appetite for anymore developmental projects. I think they'd be more likely to take someone like Davion Mitchell, even at #6, over more of an upside guy. I don't know how raw or polished Giddey is, so I can't weigh in on that, but I think if they have two picks in that #6-14 range, they're gonna take the two best ready-from-day-1 players they can get. I think that'll be an advantage for them, since other teams will (or should) be focusing more on upside. GSW might be able to get the two guys at the top of their post-Top 5 big board.
NYG
General Manager
Posts: 8,293
And1: 1,410
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#11 » by NYG » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:40 pm

E S V L wrote:Stop sending Fournier to Memphis. There is no f...g chance it might happen.


What are the Grizzlies needs? I may have them wrong.
E S V L
Veteran
Posts: 2,785
And1: 829
Joined: Dec 19, 2017
Location: Toronto
     

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#12 » by E S V L » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:01 pm

NYG wrote:
E S V L wrote:Stop sending Fournier to Memphis. There is no f...g chance it might happen.


What are the Grizzlies needs? I may have them wrong.


Let me then be concise. As Memphis already have a full roster for the next season, they will consider only 3 options:
1. Trading up from #17
2. Any future picks no matter how remote.
3. Superstar.

That is it.
MoneyTalks41890
RealGM
Posts: 20,015
And1: 10,407
Joined: Oct 13, 2009
 

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#13 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:14 pm

Yes please on the lottery
NYG
General Manager
Posts: 8,293
And1: 1,410
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#14 » by NYG » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:39 am

E S V L wrote:
NYG wrote:
E S V L wrote:Stop sending Fournier to Memphis. There is no f...g chance it might happen.


What are the Grizzlies needs? I may have them wrong.


Let me then be concise. As Memphis already have a full roster for the next season, they will consider only 3 options:
1. Trading up from #17
2. Any future picks no matter how remote.
3. Superstar.

That is it.


So if you go the cap space route, you would be more likely to take on a bad-ish contract with assets/picks as incentive than you would be to use it on a guy like Fournier?

Where do you think Fournier makes sense?
NYG
General Manager
Posts: 8,293
And1: 1,410
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#15 » by NYG » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:41 am

aguiar95 wrote:Dallas ends up with:

Luka/Brunson
Hield/THJ
DFS/Green
Bagley/Kleber
Markkanen/Powell

In this scenario, Dallas wouldn't offer THJ money (because of Hield), instead we would try and poach Holmes (they can keep Bagley).

Luka/Brunson
Hield/Green
DFS/MLE
Markkanen/Kleber
Holmes/Powell


What if it wasn't Holmes? What other centers make sense? Wood for Bagley and Brunson in this scenario?

Hield and Wood to Dallas
KP to Sacramento
Bagley and Brunson to Houston
NYG
General Manager
Posts: 8,293
And1: 1,410
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#16 » by NYG » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:44 am

BBallFreak wrote:Interesting.

What do you see happening with Victor Oladipo and Kendrick Nunn?


Does Oladipo keep his bird rights if he re-signs with the cap MLE? Is it that bad yet? Honestly, I think he signs 1 year, full MLE somewhere. For that price he's worth the one year risk more so than a lot of other guys we'll see here. I just don't think Riley doubles down and pays him over a guy like Lowry.

Nunn's/Roibnson's cap holds could probably sustain even with the Lowry deal so he probably re-signs at like 4/40?
NYG
General Manager
Posts: 8,293
And1: 1,410
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#17 » by NYG » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:45 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:I love the upside of Lauri to Dallas at 16M AV. I think that could be a hell of a steal in a few years time. Even if he is just a floor stretching big, assuming he can get to 40% 3PT from those Doncic kickouts, thats a fair price. But there is upside as well. Would be a great move if KP is jettisoned.


Yeah, I think I got greedy with shooting though by having them get Lauri, Hield AND re-sign THJ.
NYG
General Manager
Posts: 8,293
And1: 1,410
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#18 » by NYG » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:46 am

vetmin wrote:Love stuff like this. Great job.

One comment: I'm not so sure about GSW drafting Keon Johnson. IIRC, in Bob Myers' exit interview, he indicated that in the 2021 draft (if they don't trade their pick(s)) they'd be focused on guys who can contribute right away, and isn't Keon Johnson pretty raw? After the Smailagic debacle and the constant fumbling of Wiseman's development -- plus the greater pressure from Steph, Draymond, and Klay to return to contention -- I don't think they have an appetite for anymore developmental projects. I think they'd be more likely to take someone like Davion Mitchell, even at #6, over more of an upside guy. I don't know how raw or polished Giddey is, so I can't weigh in on that, but I think if they have two picks in that #6-14 range, they're gonna take the two best ready-from-day-1 players they can get. I think that'll be an advantage for them, since other teams will (or should) be focusing more on upside. GSW might be able to get the two guys at the top of their post-Top 5 big board.


Yeah Davion Mitchell is older than Wiseman already. He would be an NBA ready guy and I agree, is ultimately probably a better pick or at least trade down.
NYG
General Manager
Posts: 8,293
And1: 1,410
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#19 » by NYG » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:48 am

JRoy wrote:Pretty solid list.

I expect POR to shake things up in a big way but I’ve expected that before and been disappointed.

I’ll predict Norm Powell resigns only if guaranteed the starting sg slot, so CJ gets moved.


Honestly, I think they could sign a guy like D'Antoni and just play it cool for a minute, but by the trade deadline if they're not top 3-4 in the West, then you got to start a series of tough decisions.
Xman
Veteran
Posts: 2,580
And1: 121
Joined: Jun 10, 2005

Re: NYG's Buncha Off-Season Things 

Post#20 » by Xman » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:51 am

I think Isaiah Jackson goes top 10. Not many 6'11 guys in this draft with his athletic skills. could be great.

Return to Trades and Transactions