Boston, Chicago, Sacramento, Dallas - insert clever title here

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Boston, Chicago, Sacramento, Dallas - insert clever title here 

Post#1 » by JediMasterRevan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:43 pm

Boston out: Kemba, Grant Williams, #16 and Tristan Thompson
in: Coby White, Thad Young and Marvin Bagley

Boston sheds some salary to resign Fournier, add a young guard who should pair will with Smart in the backcourt with shared playmaking and defensive responsibilities. Thad upgrades backup PF and vet presence and Bagley comes in as backup Center who will probably get alot of minutes behind the oft injured Timelord

White/Smart/Brown/Tatum/RWilliams

Chicago out: Coby White and Thad Young
in: Buddy Hield, Delon Wright, #16

Buddy add spacing to the starting lineup and wright is a good off the bench combo guard. Add a mid first rounder.

Sato/Lavine/Hield/Williams/Vooch

Sacremento out: Hield, Wright, Bagley
In: Porzingas and Thompson

Kings add a buy low high reward type of guy and move off some long term salary. KP should fit their backcourt well and thompson will give them a vet interior presence that should be beneficial to a team fighting for playoffs.

Fox/Haliburton/Barnes/KP/Thompson

Dallas out: KP
In: Kemba and Grant Williams

This has been discussed on this board alot, but I think Grant Williams is a great get for Dallas. He doesnt require the ball, he makes his open threes at a high rate and he defends very well. he is a very good role player, who knows his role.

Kemba/Doncic/Hardaway/G.Williams/Powell
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Re: Boston, Chicago, Sacramento, Dallas - insert clever title here 

Post#2 » by Apz » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:52 pm

Kemba to mavs is a no. Will never happen.
Mavs shouldnt do kemba + smart for kp, so why would they do this?
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by JediMasterRevan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:01 pm

Apz wrote:Kemba to mavs is a no. Will never happen.

Kemba and Smart still doesnt get KP?

That is ludicrous, no on realgm would ever agree with that assessment.

Whereas most agree with Kemba for KP being fair, not only the people on realgm, but those who write about B-ball as well.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#4 » by cl2117 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:08 pm

For Boston I don't know why you wouldn't just keep KP if that's the price to acquire him.

Like it for SAC, but I'm low on Bagley.

Honestly not sure what to do with Chicago. Not giving up a ton, but also don't like what they're getting back. Feels like it'd be a no from them.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#5 » by cl2117 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:09 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:

Whereas most agree with Kemba for KP being fair, not only the people on realgm, but those who write about B-ball as well.

He also said he would hesitate on a Brown & Kemba for KP swap just for reference. Would want a top 3 pick to take on Kemba....
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#6 » by Apz » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:32 pm

cl2117 wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:

He also said he would hesitate on a Brown & Kemba for KP swap just for reference. Would want a top 3 pick to take on Kemba....

Yeah, cause its like the people making those kemba trades have watched zero mavs games. Because, if they had they wouldnt believe kemba could be on the floor at the same time as luka. Already there the trade is off. Add 80m and shot knees and in some cases mavs adding value, its dead.

Maybe time people try to move kemba to nets that got harden and kyrie, or portland that got dame and see what those teams that are set on pg think about adding kembas contract and knees? Cause im pretty sure their opinion would be pretty much the same
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,917

Post#7 » by ChettheJet » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:45 pm

A spectacular between the legs full court PASS from the Bulls

Hield may be able to outscore White but White has made some progress as a PG and has been just as much of a floor spacer as you think Hield would be. Plus White has a full off season and training camp to have Mo Cheeks hammer on him for the first time. Hield is not going to develop into a PG any time, ever. Wright is a more willing shooter than Satoransky but he's no noticeable upgrade over him passing the ball. So the Bulls end up still without a passing PG, with Hield on a big contract in place of Thad Young's expiring contract and instead of Coby White on his rookie deal and Wright making as much as Satoransky.

Is it clear that this isn't doing them any good except for taking on more money for a longer period of time
enzino
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#8 » by enzino » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:24 pm

i don't see thompson in any outcoming package
----
good trade idea in my honest opinion
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,313

Post#9 » by hugepatsfan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:44 pm

BOS does this. They wouldn't really be a fan of the ensuing roster but it sets the cap sheet up well and Bagley/White are still positive. Seems like a pretty big win for them on value but it's not a pretty on court product. I think Bagley is a bust and White is run of the mill scoring guard.

Chicago only does this if having a tradable #16 pick proves crucial for them landing a much needed PG (or maybe SF since PWill would be playing PF with Young gone). Hield ain't a great contract but they have a short window and he's not useless obviously. But if that #16 pick isn't the difference between a separate win now deal. I do think that swapping Aminu for thad Young would help a lot. BOS probably even prefers it since they can take Aminu into a TPE and then get one for Kemba.

I think SAC would do it just for the shakeup. Shedding Hield lessens the sting of takin back KP's horrendous 3 year commitment. They would use cap space before executing the deal though, obviously.

DAL desperately needs another ball handler and shedding the last year of KP's deal is a huge win. There just might be some team dumb enough to value KP as more than a decent player with an albatross contract for 3 years and they get something less negative than Kemba.
enzino
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#10 » by enzino » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:15 am

enzino wrote:i don't see thompson in any outcoming package
----
good trade idea in my honest opinion

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7433144
i see that you fix the trade and it works according to realgm tradechecker
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,355

Post#11 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:21 am

Dallas isn't trading KP for Kemba, at least we, Dallas fans, don't want it, but Donnie does crazy things lot of times, I doubt this will be one of them, and if the Kings are fine with KP for Hield/Bagley, I'd do it straight up with them, Hield will 7 3s on 40+% next to Luka, and will become the 2nd reincarnation story after THJ.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#12 » by Resistance » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:07 pm

I hae a trio of Hield, LaVine and Vucevic struggling on defense.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by JediMasterRevan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:34 pm

Resistance wrote:

I hae a trio of Hield, LaVine and Vucevic struggling on defense.

Me too honestly, but I have any team with a duo of Vooch and Zach as struggling defensively. So might as well lean into it and go for offensive firepower.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#14 » by JD45 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:57 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:

Kemba and KPs salaries match and at one time the Mavs were interested in acquiring Kemba in free agency. So its easy to see where all the Kemba for KP trade talk comes from. But the Mavs are a different team now and Luka has shown his actual game. For the last couple of years the Mavs have shown the kind of player they want with Luka. They signed Delon Wright and then traded for Josh Richardson and drafted Josh Green. All bigger players (6-4 +) who they hope can defend PGs, while shooting the 3 and doing a little bit of ball handling. So far, the Mavs have failed at this. But it shows the type of player the Mavs want to pair with Luka. Thats not Kemba Walker anymore. And they actually have a player similar to Kemba in Jaylen Brunson. Brunson is not as good as Kemba, but he is younger and makes a small fraction of the salary. So Kemba would be an incredibly expensive, minor improvement on Brunson. On the other hand, trading KP puts Powell or WCS starting at C for the Mavs. That is an enormous downgrade in offensive production that would dwarf any Kemba upgrade.

Smart would work next to Luka. I think he would be a good fit even if his 3pt shot is not ideal. But he and Kemba would essentially play the same position for the Mavs, which diminishes the benefit of getting both. And would still leave the big problem with the KP to WCS downgrade.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat

Return to Trades and Transactions