How BOS moves Kemba to DAL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

How BOS moves Kemba to DAL 

Post#1 » by JD45 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:22 pm

BOS trades: Walker and Brown (plus roster filler if needed)
DAL trades: Porzingis, Richardson, Kleber, Finney-Smith, Brunson

Fortunately Boston fans don't have my address, so no need for the pitchforks. But, maybe some might remember back to the end of last season when we debated who had the greater value, Porzingis or Brown. Picked 4 and 3 in the draft, 25 and 24 years old, similar productivity and efficiency. KP had a worse year than Brown. But he is young enough to make an improvement and plays a more valuable position. But KP doesn't seem to be a good fit with a ball dominant Luka. I think Brown might be better in that role.

For some reason, Dallas was a better team than Boston, and Porzingis was the 2nd best player on the Mavs (even though his playoffs were bad). Brunson, Kleber and Finney-Smith were all starters or key contributors to the Mavs. I don't think all the difference between Dallas and Boston can be explained by Luka being that much better than Tatum.

Walker isn't worth his contract, but sill a useful player. Kleber, Finney-Smith and Brunson are all useful players on below market value contracts. Richardson is an expiring contract (assuming he opts in).

I think this trade makes both teams better.

Let the flames begin.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,099

Re: How BOS moves Kemba to DAL 

Post#2 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:28 pm

Remove Brown, Richardson, Kleber, DFS, and Brunson and add a lotto protected pick from Boston. Brown is obviously a nonstarter in a move like this and you know that.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#3 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:30 pm

I predict Kemba ultimately ends up in Dallas and KP in Boston but the swap requires much smaller assets than Brown to balance a deal. If I'm Boston I keep Brown and build around Brown and Tatum. Open for business on everyone else including picks, young bench pieces and Marcus Smart.

Kemba could be excellent next to Luka for the next 2 years. Luka is the only Maverick who can create shots. Kemba would thrive there. When he defers to Tatum and Brown they go iso and never return value because Kemba never gets the ball back.
It has been written...
BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Post#4 » by BleedGreen1989 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:39 pm

You know Brown is not even in the discussion here, let's be realistic.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#5 » by Apz » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:40 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:I predict Kemba ultimately ends up in Dallas and KP in Boston but the swap requires much smaller assets than Brown to balance a deal. If I'm Boston I keep Brown and build around Brown and Tatum. Open for business on everyone else including picks, young bench pieces and Marcus Smart.

Kemba could be excellent next to Luka for the next 2 years. Luka is the only Maverick who can create shots. Kemba would thrive there. When he defers to Tatum and Brown they go iso and never return value because Kemba never gets the ball back.

U really need to start watching other teams. Kemba would suck next to luka, both offensively and defensively. Bribe okc with bad picks if u want, they might bite. Kemba would have the ball in his hands there. Or charlotte, kemba and ball would make an excellent backcourt together. Atleast better fit then mavs
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#6 » by Apz » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:41 pm

BleedGreen1989 wrote:You know Brown is not even in the discussion here, let's be realistic.

And kemba isnt in the discuassion for mavs, so consider all krmba to mavs proposals as jokes
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,414

Post#7 » by JRoy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:42 pm

BOS is not moving a young stud for trash just to get out of Kembas contract.

Kemba and KP are close enough in value to make sense for both teams with minor tinkering.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#8 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:43 pm

Apz wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:I predict Kemba ultimately ends up in Dallas and KP in Boston but the swap requires much smaller assets than Brown to balance a deal. If I'm Boston I keep Brown and build around Brown and Tatum. Open for business on everyone else including picks, young bench pieces and Marcus Smart.

U really need to start watching other teams. Kemba would suck next to luka, both offensively and defensively. Bribe okc with bad picks if u want, they might bite. Kemba would have the ball in his hands there. Or charlotte, kemba and ball would make an excellent backcourt together. Atleast better fit then mavs

We all watch other teams. I've watched nearly every playoff game and as a UConn/Charlotte fanatic, how many minutes of Kemba do you think I've seen him play? I'm chuckling.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#9 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:43 pm

JRoy wrote:BOS is not moving a young stud for trash just to get out of Kembas contract.

Kemba and KP are close enough in value to make sense for both teams with minor tinkering.

Yahtzee!
It has been written...
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,317

Post#10 » by hugepatsfan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:46 pm

I have no interest in a swap. Paying either of them $30M is a death sentence in building a team. KP makes that much a season longer. It’s very simple.

If Dallas can find an idiotic team that is willing to take KP at that much and they prefer Kembas bad contract to whatever bad contract slop the team taking KP sends back then maybe I’d be open to a 3 teamer. But the thought of taking on KP’s third year has me literally shaking angry right now
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,830

Post#11 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:48 pm

Apz wrote:
BleedGreen1989 wrote:You know Brown is not even in the discussion here, let's be realistic.

And kemba isnt in the discuassion for mavs, so consider all krmba to mavs proposals as jokes

Just not even remotely the same thing and its on you to understand that. You don't personally want Kemba. Cool. Absolutely nothing wrong with that perspective.

But Dallas isn't getting Jaylen Brown in a deal where Dorian and Jalen are the prizes. No matter what other flotsam gets included in the deal.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#12 » by Mike lorenzo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:49 pm

Boston
In: Horford / Maxi / JRich / Brunson
Out: Kemba / # 16 / Thompson / Langford

Horford / Williams
Tatum / Maxi
Brown / Nesmith
Fournier / JRich
Brunson / Pritarch

Boston balance the list. save money in the long run.

Thunder
In: Powell / Thompson / Langford / Burke
Out: Horford / Williams

They save money in the long run.
You get a lottery prospect in Langford and they can surely move Thompson (expiring)

Mavs
In: Kemba / Smarth / K.williams
Out: Maxi / Brunson / Powell

KP
DFS / K.williams
Luka / THJ
Smarth / Green
Kemba

Mavs get Texas native Smarth as defensive leader. Kemba as 2 elite handler .. and a good endorsement
1+1=11
Bnice5
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#13 » by Bnice5 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:50 pm

Kemba and Smart for KP, Powell and Burke.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#14 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:50 pm

hugepatsfan wrote:I have no interest in a swap. Paying either of them $30M is a death sentence in building a team. KP makes that much a season longer. It’s very simple.

If Dallas can find an idiotic team that is willing to take KP at that much and they prefer Kembas bad contract to whatever bad contract slop the team taking KP sends back then maybe I’d be open to a 3 teamer. But the thought of taking on KP’s third year has me literally shaking angry right now

Tell us how you really feel? An additional element often omitted in the imminent Kemba - KP swap is clubhouse health. Kemba is beloved by teammates and coaches. He has a positive influence on morale. KP has some, uhh, question marks to put it lightly. I'm not convinced Boston would have to add. It might be Dallas.
It has been written...
enzino
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#15 » by enzino » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:52 pm

actually there is no need to involve brown
Bnice5
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#16 » by Bnice5 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:53 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
hugepatsfan wrote:I have no interest in a swap. Paying either of them $30M is a death sentence in building a team. KP makes that much a season longer. It’s very simple.

Tell us how you really feel? An additional element often omitted in the imminent Kemba - KP swap is clubhouse health. Kemba is beloved by teammates and coaches. He has a positive influence on morale. KP has some, uhh, question marks to put it lightly. I'm not convinced Boston would have to add. It might be Dallas.

We get that you don't like KP... we promise not to spam any more KP to Charlotte ideas anymore. :D
JRoy
RealGM

Post#17 » by JRoy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:54 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
JRoy wrote:BOS is not moving a young stud for trash just to get out of Kembas contract.

Yahtzee!

There’s no putting perfume on that pig.
Edrees wrote:

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#18 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:55 pm

JRoy wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

Yahtzee!

:lol:

Damn
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#19 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:59 pm

Bnice5 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

We get that you don't like KP... we promise not to spam any more KP to Charlotte ideas anymore. :D

I don't trust you guys. :lol:

The truth is I don't think KP's market is impossible. It's just limited. I'm still reeling from the substantial down payment Presti received from ownership for meh draft capital in the Horford deal. If Horford can be moved, so can KP, and Kemba.
It has been written...
JRoy
RealGM

Post#20 » by JRoy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:59 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
JRoy wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
Yahtzee!

:lol:

Damn

Harsh maybe, but sometimes proposed trade partners are so far apart there is no fixing the deal to make it palatable to both sides.
Edrees wrote:

Return to Trades and Transactions