Bos/Dal/OKC

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, Mamba4Goat, Trader_Joe, loserX, BullyKing, pacers33granger, Andre Roberstan, Texas Chuck

snowman
Rookie
Posts: 1,200
And1: 950
Joined: Jun 08, 2009
     

Bos/Dal/OKC 

Post#1 » by snowman » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:56 pm

These guys have been lumped together in one way or another so I thought I would give it try.

Kemba, lotto protected 1st round pick from OKC, future pick swap with Boston in 2023, to Dallas
Horford to Boston
Porzingis to OKC

Why for Dallas:
Dallas saves 36 mil by not having the third year at the end of Zingers contract, receives a lotto protected 1st from OKC (1st one out of their 12 future traded or swapped picks not in lotto) gets the pick swap option in 2023 with Boston for taking a chance on Kemba's knee who will not be a locker room distraction as Zinger was becoming.

Why for Boston:
Boston saves 10 mill a year in each of Horfords 2 year contract, and gets a player more suited to fit with Tatum and Brown with giving up minimal future assets.

Why for OKC:
OKC gets the best player with the most upside in the trade in Porzingis, hence the added 1st. Also, in being only 25, he has a chance to be built around.
Swish1906
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,638
And1: 7,029
Joined: Apr 09, 2019
 

Re: Bos/Dal/OKC 

Post#2 » by Swish1906 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:00 am

Mavs wont swap KP for Kemba.

And chances are more than solid that KP turns down the PO for a new longterm contract. So you cant argue with KPs 3rd year
Apz
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,695
And1: 451
Joined: Jan 18, 2019
   

Re: Bos/Dal/OKC 

Post#3 » by Apz » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:03 am

Is the trade machine wrong btw? Do kemba got a po that makes their contract same length? Was watching the logical guy earlier on youtube and in the trade he linked both said 4 years
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 42,216
And1: 24,248
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Bos/Dal/OKC 

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:04 am

Swish1906 wrote:Mavs wont swap KP for Kemba.

And chances are more than solid that KP turns down the PO for a new longterm contract. So you cant argue with KPs 3rd year
I wouldn't blame the Mavs for declining the deal, buy you can absolutely argue KP's 3rd year because, right now, he'd be nuts to decline that PO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Dn4sty
Veteran
Posts: 2,964
And1: 1,606
Joined: Apr 11, 2017

Re: Bos/Dal/OKC 

Post#5 » by Dn4sty » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:05 am

OKC doesn’t deal a 1st to add KP. I could possibly be talked into a Horford for KP straight up deal (or an even a minor asset in addition), but not adding a first.

If OKC adds a first to anything at this point it should be to move up in the draft.
Swish1906
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,638
And1: 7,029
Joined: Apr 09, 2019
 

Re: Bos/Dal/OKC 

Post#6 » by Swish1906 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:31 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:Mavs wont swap KP for Kemba.

And chances are more than solid that KP turns down the PO for a new longterm contract. So you cant argue with KPs 3rd year
I wouldn't blame the Mavs for declining the deal, buy you can absolutely argue KP's 3rd year because, right now, he'd be nuts to decline that PO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app


Not really. There are always 1-2 desperate teams ready to gamble. Hell, did anyone thought two years ago that Paul would decline his 44m PO?
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 42,216
And1: 24,248
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Bos/Dal/OKC 

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:49 pm

Swish1906 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:Mavs wont swap KP for Kemba.

And chances are more than solid that KP turns down the PO for a new longterm contract. So you cant argue with KPs 3rd year
I wouldn't blame the Mavs for declining the deal, buy you can absolutely argue KP's 3rd year because, right now, he'd be nuts to decline that PO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app


Not really. There are always 1-2 desperate teams ready to gamble. Hell, did anyone thought two years ago that Paul would decline his 44m PO?


But that's what it would take, a CP3 like come back. Those are extraordinarily rare. FWIW, I think CP3 opting out of $44M is a mistake and I think that any team signing him to a fully guaranteed 3 year deal in the $100M range is making a bigger mistake.
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
KhalilS
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,528
And1: 966
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: Bos/Dal/OKC 

Post#8 » by KhalilS » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:26 pm

Dallas would cut Boston, Kemba is really a bad fit, Kemba should go to one of the LA teams.
BadWolf
General Manager
Posts: 7,904
And1: 2,269
Joined: Jun 06, 2006

Re: Bos/Dal/OKC 

Post#9 » by BadWolf » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:49 pm

Dallas would turn down Kemba and two picks for KP? That's nuts
snowman
Rookie
Posts: 1,200
And1: 950
Joined: Jun 08, 2009
     

Re: Bos/Dal/OKC 

Post#10 » by snowman » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:08 pm

BadWolf wrote:Dallas would turn down Kemba and two picks for KP? That's nuts


In all honesty, it is 1 pick and a pick swap option, and saving 36+ mil in the process.
Swish1906
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,638
And1: 7,029
Joined: Apr 09, 2019
 

Re: Bos/Dal/OKC 

Post#11 » by Swish1906 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:26 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I wouldn't blame the Mavs for declining the deal, buy you can absolutely argue KP's 3rd year because, right now, he'd be nuts to decline that PO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app


Not really. There are always 1-2 desperate teams ready to gamble. Hell, did anyone thought two years ago that Paul would decline his 44m PO?


But that's what it would take, a CP3 like come back. Those are extraordinarily rare. FWIW, I think CP3 opting out of $44M is a mistake and I think that any team signing him to a fully guaranteed 3 year deal in the $100M range is making a bigger mistake.


Not even CP like. Two seasons with no new big injury and all it takes is him to reach like 80% of his level of the final months of the 19-20 season and he gets easily 4/100 as a FA in 2023.

The Mavs know this too. Healthy and rolling KP has a pretty high ceiling and that there are solid chances that he opts out. Thats why its pointless for the Mavs to swap him for two years of Wiggins or Horford etc

Return to Trades and Transactions