Ingram to Memphis

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who benefits from the trade

Memphis
47%
Pels
40%
Both
7%
None
7%

Total votes: 15

Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Re: Ingram to Memphis 

Post#21 » by Euphonetiks » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:38 pm

Ingram is a 23yo all star wing who has improved his offense every year. If you think JJJ is a kid and has time to improve…so does Ingram.

I can’t see us moving Ingram unless it is in a truly blockbuster trade.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#22 » by E S V L » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:44 pm

Euphonetiks wrote:Ingram is a 23yo all star wing who has improved his offense every year. If you think JJJ is a kid and has time to improve…so does Ingram.

I can’t see us moving Ingram unless it is in a truly blockbuster trade.

Basically, you are right. I would want only to add that centers usually need 2-3 more years for maturity than wings.
FK NFL
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#23 » by Whole Truth » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:56 pm

Raw big men take longer to develop, especially when development has been disrupted by injury.
I don't like this swap for either team in different ways.

Memphis would be selling low on their defensive ceiling franchise C for a bad defensive fit next to Ja & Jonas who are 2/5ths sub defenders..

NO's are taking risk trading a young proven Allstar for unproven potential, to get a better defensive 2 way fit upgrade next to Zion.

I was wondering if Boston could be a potential 3rd option with them looking for a better fit next to Tatum, it also trades Ingram/Brown out of Division. Memphis need a big wing defender to compliment the roster who's not an offensive liability (struck out on Winslow). IMO Brown is a better fit for Memphis than Ingram.

Frame work:

NO's - receive 3J + ? pick value ?

Boston - receive Ingram + ?

Memphis - receive Brown
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#24 » by Catchall » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:26 am

NOLA isn't going to move Ingram in a deal centered around JJJ.

Also, you're not even looking at the money side of the trade. Ingram is signed to a huge deal.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,963

Post#25 » by wolves_89 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:54 am

I'd rate Ingram as having more value than JJJ+Brooks+Anderson. For the Pelicans, I'd give the Ingram/Zion pairing another chance rather than making this deal.
BuddyBuckets
Rookie
And1: 958

Post#26 » by BuddyBuckets » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:40 am

I like all those Memphis guys, honestly feel like this is a bad trade for both teams somehow though.
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 765

Post#27 » by lordjeff05 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:49 am

JJJ is one of the few players I could see us realistically trading Ingram for because the timelines are similar and I think their upsides as championship caliber second options are similar. Ingram is older but he’s also provided more production and was healthier the last two years so there’s still some risk but that’s where the additional incentives come in.
durantbird
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,167

Post#28 » by durantbird » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:08 pm

Catchall wrote:NOLA isn't going to move Ingram in a deal centered around JJJ.

Also, you're not even looking at the money side of the trade. Ingram is signed to a huge deal.

Are in saying that after checking out the link that was given at the beginning of the thread in the OP?
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,329

Post#29 » by Mrakar » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:27 pm

Whole Truth wrote:Raw big men take longer to develop, especially when development has been disrupted by injury.
I don't like this swap for either team in different ways.

Memphis would be selling low on their defensive ceiling franchise C for a bad defensive fit next to Ja & Jonas who are 2/5ths sub defenders..

NO's are taking risk trading a young proven Allstar for unproven potential, to get a better defensive 2 way fit upgrade next to Zion.

I was wondering if Boston could be a potential 3rd option with them looking for a better fit next to Tatum, it also trades Ingram/Brown out of Division. Memphis need a big wing defender to compliment the roster who's not an offensive liability (struck out on Winslow). IMO Brown is a better fit for Memphis than Ingram.

Frame work:

NO's - receive 3J + ? pick value ?

Boston - receive Ingram + ?

Memphis - receive Brown

If Boston wants to do that, NOLA cuts Memphis and takes Brown...

JJJ is just not good enough even though Memphis fans will tell otherwise...
But if u think he is that good, just keep him then since we don't see this value being even close...
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#30 » by Whole Truth » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:09 pm

Mrakar wrote:If Boston wants to do that, NOLA cuts Memphis and takes Brown...

JJJ is just not good enough even though Memphis fans will tell otherwise...
But if u think he is that good, just keep him then since we don't see this value being even close...

You saying that like Memphis don't want to keep 3J. You'd be wrong, I have zero interest in trading 3J for Ingram even in a straight swap. Only way I entertain OP's idea for Memphis is if Ingram is flipped to a 3rd party for a better fit or top draft pick & then I'd add the necessary value on selling low. Otherwise Memphis is more than content to keep 3J.

3J's 2 way potential is Memphis defensive ceiling as a team, whether he realizes that potential or not.. but the straight fact is Memphis stand a better chance becoming a contender gambling on 3J defensive ceiling apposed to trading for an offensive wing that's currently a part of NO''s 25th ranked defense. Isn't that the reason OP is trading for 3J's defensive potential ?. NO's defense..

I think Memphis would be making a big mistake selling low on a young talent coming off injury, period, unless they get exactly what they want from doing so.

Memphis could target or sign someone like Ingles in FA without giving up their 2 way potential at C. A far better option than swapping 3J out at his lowest peak. Who do you think NO's can easily target that would surpass what 3J could theoretically bring to the table for NO's & Zion without losing Ingram ?.

Return to Trades and Transactions