The Ben Simmons Mega Thread: Post your Simmons trades/takes here

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

The Ben Simmons Mega Thread: Post your Simmons trades/takes here 

Post#1 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:50 pm

You guys know the drill. Instead of 50 different small threads, let us have a single mega Ben Simmons thread here, complete with your favorite Simmons trades as well as you takes on what his current value is, if Philly should trade him, if anyone should trade for him, etc.

If you want to discuss the overall plan in Philly, feel free to keep going in the Philly eliminated thread

Thanks all!
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,279

Re: The Ben Simmons Mega Thread: Post your Simmons trades/takes here 

Post#2 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:56 pm

Is Simmons any good as a screener/roll man? Do philly fans think he can excel as a big who rolls to basket and catch (instead of throw) lobs or passes down low near the basket? It seems to me like he has some post moves too (minus turn around jumpers).
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#3 » by Freighttrain » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:02 pm

Ben Simmons for Kyle Kuzma, Shroder & THT. He's a clutch guy so there's that too!
BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Post#4 » by BleedGreen1989 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:07 pm

Freighttrain wrote:Ben Simmons for Kyle Kuzma, Shroder & THT. He's a clutch guy so there's that too!

I mean, at that price sure? He's a pretty brutal fit with Lebron though.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#5 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:10 pm

Assuming OKC gets both firsts this year, let's say 3 and 6, I'd offer Bazley+6 for Simmons, which Philly then probably tries to flip for more immediate help.
Jay_Sizzle
Senior
And1: 527

Post#6 » by Jay_Sizzle » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:12 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:Is Simmons any good as a screener/roll man? Do philly fans think he can excel as a big who rolls to basket and catch (instead of throw) lobs or passes down low near the basket? It seems to me like he has some post moves too (minus turn around jumpers).
I think he has the physical ability, but passing on open dunks and being scared of free throws doesn't inspire a ton of confidence here.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#7 » by Freighttrain » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:12 pm

BleedGreen1989 wrote:
Freighttrain wrote:Ben Simmons for Kyle Kuzma, Shroder & THT. He's a clutch guy so there's that too!

We don't need him as a second option, more as a first option to guard other guys and he can still distribute quite well. His value can only go up from next season. Philly needs a scoring point guard, get Kuzma a new team and THT is a good prospect.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#8 » by WargamesX » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:12 pm

Simmons and Hill for Barnes and Hield

Philly gets shooters,

Maxey
Hield
Barnes
Harris
Embiid

kings get a PF and can then draft a guy like Kispert, or Bouknight

Fox
Haliburton
Kispert or Bouknight
Simmons
Holmes
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,481

Post#9 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:12 pm

BleedGreen1989 wrote:

Kuzma , Schroder, and THT combined for 5 points some playoffs games lol fit would be aight.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,279

Post#10 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:13 pm

Derozan (S&T 3 yr 90) + White + 2022 lotto protected 1st for Simmons + Hill?

Embiid
Harris
Derozan
Curry
White
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:17 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:Derozan (S&T 3 yr 90) + White + 2022 lotto protected 1st for Simmons + Hill?

Embiid
Harris
Derozan
Curry
White

The problem with Simmons is that he can't really shoot. That is also Demar's problem, except DD can't play defense at all or distribute as well.
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#12 » by Troubadour » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:18 pm

If the NBA playoffs could be played before the All-Star teams are selected, Ben Simmons could be the greatest playoff performer of all time.

Failing that change to the schedule, my personal favourite trade is just CJ McCollum for Ben Simmons.

For the Blazers, they use a lineup of Lillard / Powell / Simmons / Covington / Nurkic. Focus for them should be having an answer to when teams trap Lillard and Simmons should be able to be a great roll short playmaker. Takes advantage of the passing skills and puts him in an advantageous situation.

For the Sixers, they need someone who can run conventional pick and roll with Embiid. A player who can create a shot for himself and others to some degree. McCollum / Green / Thybulle / Harris / Embiid has a solid blend of shooting and defence.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#13 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:19 pm

The problem with Simmons is that he can't really shoot. That is also Demar's problem, except DD can't play defense at all or distribute as well.

DDR cant shoot from 3.

Simmons cant shoot at all.
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#14 » by Troubadour » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:20 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:Derozan (S&T 3 yr 90) + White + 2022 lotto protected 1st for Simmons + Hill?

Embiid
Harris
Derozan
Curry
White

DeMar is one of the most efficient isolation scorers in the league. Simmons can't hit a free throw. Their respective shooting issues are not remotely comparable. DeRozan also averaged 7 assists per game this season and did it playing as a primary ball handler in the halfcourt. His assists are a result of the kind of playmaking that is more useful to the Sixers.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:22 pm

A player that can't shoot from 3 and can't play defense is much more useless to me than a DPOY candidate that can't shoot.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,793

Post#16 » by yoyoboy » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:25 pm

Sexton, Okoro, and Love for Simmons.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#17 » by JD45 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:25 pm

Simmons is a great talent and massive risk he won't fit with the team. At his salary, a miss gets the GM who trades for him fired. Going to take the right coach and players around him to make it work. Could be a championship or total disaster.

Here is what I would do for the Mavs:
Mavs get: Simmons
Philly gets: Hardaway (sign and trade), Finney-Smith, Brunson, 2025 unprotected 1st. 2022 pick swap.

Philly gets 3pt shooters (39%, 39%, 41%) on the wing and a young PG to handle the ball. A little break in salary as well.
Mavs gets massive talent at a discount but high risk it won't fit. But if Cuban makes this trade himself, he doesn't risk getting fired. They would need to find a coach who has a plan to make it work.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,871

Post#18 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:32 pm

I genuinely foresee Simmons for Westbrook and FRP. Either Simmons+Hill or Simmons+Curry and get an extra FRP.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#19 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:39 pm

Sexton, Okoro, and Love for Simmons.

I like this a ton for PHI. Would CLE really offer that much?
howiezbt
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Dallas/Philly/Portland 

Post#20 » by howiezbt » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:40 pm

Dallas Trades: Porzingis and Brunson
Dallas Receives: Ben Simmons

Philly Trades: Simmons
Philly Receives: CJ McCollum and Brunson

Portland Trades: McCollum
Portland Receives: Porzingis

The more I think about what each of these teams need, the more I like this trade. It works under the cap. You can tweak it with draft picks etc., but this is the basic framework.

Why for Dallas: They unload an unhappy player and bring in the perfect complement to Luca. Simmons defends and can play cetner for Dallas or the 4. He is also a great finisher at the rim which Luca can deliver lobs. Most of Dallas' off season will be adding players next to Luca but all of their free agents are wings.

Why for Philly: Obviously, getting McCollum helps space the floor, but he is only the first part. Philly needs a tough PG who can break down a defense. Bruson, the former Villanova star can do that in spades and has a little dawg in him. He will help get Embiid and Harris some easy buckets.

Why for Portland: They are set at PG with Lilliard and are resigning Powell. They are set on the wings too. They need a PF who can shoot and play well with Nurkic. Zinger is a great fit there. He can shoot and defend the four, open up lanes for the drivers.

Return to Trades and Transactions