The Ben Simmons Mega Thread: Post your Simmons trades/takes here

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Re: The Ben Simmons Mega Thread: Post your Simmons trades/takes here 

Post#1541 » by NYG » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:13 pm

Simmons, Maxey and 28 for an unextended Beal?
NYG
RealGM

Post#1542 » by NYG » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:14 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
kuclas wrote:
eminence wrote:
Not as high on Thybulle as I once was, but would love him on the squad. Would pretty easily include #14 in that deal.

Wiggins is a negative. Wiseman would barely play with Embiid playing 33-35 min. The 7/14 won’t offer anything specials that the Sixers currently have on their bench (thybulle/maxey) who can contribute now

Tell me how Wiggins/wiseman and 2 picks that aren’t in the top 3 this year make the Sixers any better?

Sixers still missing that secondary iso playmaker and guard.

Yeah both of us think Beal is going to Sixers and third team gets Ben for picks and youth that go to Wizards.

I think the Wizards would just keep Simmons. Any deal involving a third team for picks/youth likely is topped by Wiseman, 7 and 14.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#1543 » by PhillyNj » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:54 pm

NYG wrote:Simmons, Maxey and 28 for an unextended Beal?

Sixers aren’t making a trade without an extension. Already lost Butler for nothing.
NYG
RealGM

Post#1544 » by NYG » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:05 pm

PhillyNj wrote:

Sixers aren’t making a trade without an extension. Already lost Butler for nothing.

If that is the case then the Warriors are likely going to get Beal if he asks out.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,804

Post#1545 » by HotelVitale » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:12 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
db-coop wrote: I don't think it is that flawed, I mean sure if you can't get anything you should keep him, but at this point the 76ers should look for a trade that makes them more viable as a contender..

I think you (and maybe the Dunc'd on crew) are skipping the gap between 'getting nothing for him' and 'getting enough value that the team improves despite trading a young all-star and DPOY candidate.' Not saying you're doing this, but lots of non-Philly fans are operating under the premise that Simmons is sort of useless to the Sixers because he disappeared in the half court offense in the playoffs. It's totally true that he did that and is wildly frustrating for Sixers fans, but Simmons was also a huge part of the team's success last year and the team takes a big step back if they lose him. (Also the Bucks just showed us why running back your core with a few changes can sometimes get you different results, just with another year of experience and the right guys getting hot at the right times.)

I agree with you on Simmons, but don't think the Bucks are example of a few changes unless you specifically mean a few big changes. Jrue especially and Tucker were enormous additions. They aren't getting out of the 2nd round again without them much less winning the championship.

I didn’t mean superficial changes, but the Bucks didn’t like trade Middleton because he and Giannis didn’t get them over the hump a couple years running, they just kept hunting ways of improving their talent while keeping the core intact. Sixers are closer to being that position than they are to one in which Simmons must go to the highest bidder no matter what.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#1546 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:45 pm

the_process wrote:
shrink wrote:I’m listening to the Dunc’d On, Mock Off-Season, and I thought others might be interested. The pod pretty much started trying to determine a trade destination for Ben Simmons. Here is a list of Danny LaRoux trade offers, and whether the other team was interested.

IND: Malcolm Brogdan and TJ Warren? Not what Ind does - we’ll think about it.
CHA: Hayward or Rozier, and potentially PJ Washington and a Lotto protected future 1st? (No, bad fit with Ball, not Hayward)
SAC: Harrison Barnes and Halliburton? Halliburton off the table, even adding Maxey and future PHI 1sts.
WAS: Bradley Beal? No
NOP: Ingram? No
NYK: Quickley and 1st (and cap space)? Yes
LAC: Morris, Beverley, Mann? Yes
LAL: KCP, Kuzma, a couple picks? Yes
POR: CJ McCollum and Simmons? Yes
SAS: Derrick White plus? Yes
MIN: D’Angelo Russell and Malik Beasley? Yes, but PHI needs to send more back (“we can certainly do that”)

He picks his top three:

CHA ends up Rozier, PJ and #11
NYK Quickley and 1st (but Lowry wants years and dollars)
POR McCollum and Simons, 2022 pick swap, top 4 protected.

Winner is: McCollum, Simons, 2022 pick swap

They are starting with a flawed premise: the Sixers have to deal Simmons no matter what. That is not the case. Also the Charlotte offer is superior (still short, though) to the Portland offer. Those guys have a decidedly West Coast bias.

I seem to be reading this entirely differently from you and TC, because its not what the other team is offering but if the other team would be interested in the proposal from the Sixers. The conclusion clearly seems to be that the Hornets would turn down that offer because of a poor fit between Simmons and Ball. So it might be better value but it is also rejected and thus not a winner. Beal and Ingram are also superior offers to CJ obviously.

(not trying to pick a fight whether I agree with this, but seems like some misunderstanding why the Charlotte deal was ruled out)
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#1547 » by ProcessDoctor » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:10 am

MIN out: Rubio, Culver, McDaniels, 2022/2024 FRPs
MIN in: Simmons

PHI out: Simmons, Hill, Maxey, 2023/2027 FRPs
PHI in: Beal, Rubio

WSH out: Beal
WSH in: Culver, McDaniels, Maxey, Hill, MIN 2022/2024 FRPs, PHI 2023/2027 FRPs
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#1548 » by the_process » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:08 am

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
the_process wrote:
shrink wrote:I’m listening to the Dunc’d On, Mock Off-Season, and I thought others might be interested. The pod pretty much started trying to determine a trade destination for Ben Simmons. Here is a list of Danny LaRoux trade offers, and whether the other team was interested.

IND: Malcolm Brogdan and TJ Warren? Not what Ind does - we’ll think about it.
CHA: Hayward or Rozier, and potentially PJ Washington and a Lotto protected future 1st? (No, bad fit with Ball, not Hayward)
SAC: Harrison Barnes and Halliburton? Halliburton off the table, even adding Maxey and future PHI 1sts.
WAS: Bradley Beal? No
NOP: Ingram? No
NYK: Quickley and 1st (and cap space)? Yes
LAC: Morris, Beverley, Mann? Yes
LAL: KCP, Kuzma, a couple picks? Yes
POR: CJ McCollum and Simmons? Yes
SAS: Derrick White plus? Yes
MIN: D’Angelo Russell and Malik Beasley? Yes, but PHI needs to send more back (“we can certainly do that”)

He picks his top three:

CHA ends up Rozier, PJ and #11
NYK Quickley and 1st (but Lowry wants years and dollars)
POR McCollum and Simons, 2022 pick swap, top 4 protected.

Winner is: McCollum, Simons, 2022 pick swap

They are starting with a flawed premise: the Sixers have to deal Simmons no matter what. That is not the case. Also the Charlotte offer is superior (still short, though) to the Portland offer. Those guys have a decidedly West Coast bias.

I seem to be reading this entirely differently from you and TC, because its not what the other team is offering but if the other team would be interested in the proposal from the Sixers. The conclusion clearly seems to be that the Hornets would turn down that offer because of a poor fit between Simmons and Ball. So it might be better value but it is also rejected and thus not a winner. Beal and Ingram are also superior offers to CJ obviously.

(not trying to pick a fight whether I agree with this, but seems like some misunderstanding why the Charlotte deal was ruled out)

I assumed that if it was a top 3 offer, that it was accepted. Having a declined offer in the top 3 is what was confusing.

I see little chance Morey is trading Simmons for McCollum, Simons, and a pick swap.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#1549 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:02 am

the_process wrote:
DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
the_process wrote:

I assumed that if it was a top 3 offer, that it was accepted. Having a declined offer in the top 3 is what was confusing.

I see little chance Morey is trading Simmons for McCollum, Simons, and a pick swap.

Me either. Morey is likely waiting for Dame, and not going to do anything to help make him more comfortable in Portland. That's more his style.

(Unless... *tinfoil hat* maybe he believes getting CJ is the first step toward getting Dame, have him join his buddy with Embiid in Philly ;))
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1550 » by Ruzious » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:55 am

HotelVitale wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:I think you (and maybe the Dunc'd on crew) are skipping the gap between 'getting nothing for him' and 'getting enough value that the team improves despite trading a young all-star and DPOY candidate.' Not saying you're doing this, but lots of non-Philly fans are operating under the premise that Simmons is sort of useless to the Sixers because he disappeared in the half court offense in the playoffs. It's totally true that he did that and is wildly frustrating for Sixers fans, but Simmons was also a huge part of the team's success last year and the team takes a big step back if they lose him. (Also the Bucks just showed us why running back your core with a few changes can sometimes get you different results, just with another year of experience and the right guys getting hot at the right times.)

I agree with you on Simmons, but don't think the Bucks are example of a few changes unless you specifically mean a few big changes. Jrue especially and Tucker were enormous additions. They aren't getting out of the 2nd round again without them much less winning the championship.

I didn’t mean superficial changes, but the Bucks didn’t like trade Middleton because he and Giannis didn’t get them over the hump a couple years running, they just kept hunting ways of improving their talent while keeping the core intact. Sixers are closer to being that position than they are to one in which Simmons must go to the highest bidder no matter what.

The problem is that their MVP and their head coach have virtually thrown Simmons under the bus. With Milwaukee, the player that got thrown under the bus was Bledsoe, and he was traded.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1551 » by Ruzious » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:59 am

PhillyNj wrote:

Presumably one of the reasons he'd be traded to Philly would be that Philly is 1 of the few teams he agreed to, so an extension shouldn't be difficult to work out.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#1552 » by PhillyNj » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:23 am

Ruzious wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:

Presumably one of the reasons he'd be traded to Philly would be that Philly is 1 of the few teams he agreed to, so an extension shouldn't be difficult to work out.

Lol… Jimmy Butler agreed to go to the Sixers too.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Post#1553 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:24 am

Ruzious wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:

Last I saw the math was:
181m extension for 4 years
235m new 5 year deal if he waits and stays on the same team.

Even if Beal is on the team he wants to be on, I think there is a solid chance he doesn’t extend and waits for a new contract.

So, an acquiring team might not be able to count on that certainty and would have to take a risk he walks for nothing.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1554 » by Ruzious » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:30 am

PhillyNj wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:Sixers aren’t making a trade without an extension. Already lost Butler for nothing.

Lol… Jimmy Butler agreed to go to the Sixers too.

I hear ya - once bit twice shy, but if there's a player you can believe when he makes a promise, it's probably Beal.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,380

Post#1555 » by drosestruts » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:04 pm

Listening to the Lowe & Woj offseason special pod and when they touched on Simmons they mentioned Philly isn't looking for a trade based around picks or young players. Philly doesn't want to waste a single season of Embiid so they'd want their return to bring them back a current all-star and good players.

Which got me thinking about a Philadelphia and Boston trade.

Philly in: Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart

Boston in: Ben Simmons

Philly gets their young all-star in Brown, maintains a strong defensive presence with Smart (Brown is also a good defender).

Boston adds Simmons and re-signs Fournier giving them a starting unit of Simmons - Fournier - Nesmith - Tatum - Williams. Think Simmons and Tatum would be a hell of a duo.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,926

Post#1556 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:12 pm

drosestruts wrote:Listening to the Lowe & Woj offseason special pod and when they touched on Simmons they mentioned Philly isn't looking for a trade based around picks or young players. Philly doesn't want to waste a single season of Embiid so they'd want their return to bring them back a current all-star and good players.

Which got me thinking about a Philadelphia and Boston trade.

Philly in: Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart

Boston in: Ben Simmons

Philly gets their young all-star in Brown, maintains a strong defensive presence with Smart (Brown is also a good defender).

Boston adds Simmons and re-signs Fournier giving them a starting unit of Simmons - Fournier - Nesmith - Tatum - Williams. Think Simmons and Tatum would be a hell of a duo.

Celtics want nothing to do with Ben Simmons. Jaylen Brown is a better player. Simmons has more hype.
jdzimme3
Pro Prospect
And1: 305

Chicago/Philly/Washington - Everyone's Happy? 

Post#1557 » by jdzimme3 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:56 pm

Who says no? I think everyone makes out pretty well - maybe shift a pick or two to Washington. Assumption is that Beal wants out. Washington gets 2 nice young prospects for him and goes full rebuild. Philly upgrades the guard spot with Beal. Chicago adds a defensive PG to pair with Lavine and Vucevic.

Chicago

In - Simmons
Out - Williams, Young, Satoransky

Philly

In - Beal
Out - Simmons, Thybulle

Washington
In - Williams, Thybulle, Young
Out - Beal
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,493

Re: Chicago/Philly/Washington - Everyone's Happy? 

Post#1558 » by Wolveswin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:06 pm

This should go in Simmons thread.

This one has been brought up a lot — Simmons with LaVine.

I think 1sts are needed from Bulls and 76ers.

But I like the fit in Chicago.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,360

Post#1559 » by pipfan » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:07 pm

Bulls would have to add White and a 2025 1st to get Simmons, along with PWill. I think that would be fair, more or less, but I like PWill a lot
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#1560 » by HornetJail » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:12 pm

this is exceptionally bad for Washington. I think just about every team is topping this offer for Beal.

The Bulls are essentially swapping PW and filler for Simmons, which is objectively a poor offer.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR

Return to Trades and Transactions