Rockets Trade Down - Siakam to Sacramento

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Rockets Trade Down - Siakam to Sacramento 

Post#1 » by NYG » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:33 pm

Houston Rockets get:
Marvin Bagley III
4th Overall Draft Pick
9th Overall Draft Pick

-Gives: D.J. Augustin and 2nd Overall Draft Pick

Sacramento Kings get:
Pascal Siakam

-Gives: Marvin Bagley III, Harrison Barnes and 9th Overall Draft Pick

Toronto Raptors get:
Harrison Barnes
D.J. Augustin
2nd Overall Draft Pick

-Gives: Pascal Siakam and 4th Overall Draft Pick

Rockets make up for some future lost assets without losing Porter Jr. or Wood. They still get into range to draft Jalen Suggs, take a flier on trying to fix Bagley III and add another top 10 pick in a really good draft class.

Kings add their win now veteran who is actually a solid fit with their core and should really improve the team.

Toronto adds a solid fit in Harrison Barnes to replace Siakam while adding Evan Mobley at center. The Raptors could technically still keep Lowry and try to compete next year.
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Re: Rockets Trade Down - Siakam to Sacramento 

Post#2 » by Yenrallik1111 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:29 pm

i dont mind that from a Toronto perspective
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,902

Post#3 » by ChettheJet » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:04 pm

To me HOU has to have a followup deal. They're great at 4 and 9 but they still have 23 and 24 and I don't see any team wanting 4 rookies on their opening day roster. That's nearly 1/3 of your team looking to learn the NBA.

There was talk of them, and a half dozen other teams, liking Lauri Markkanen, he'd be their stretch 4 starter, a veteran who is young enough to still be around in 1-3 years when they've used all their picks to build their core. So with Wood being their center they turn around Bagley and #24 in a S&T for Markkanen.

The Bulls don't need Bagley to be a stretch 4, they have Lavine, White, Vucevic and Patrick Williams who can shoot from behind the line. Bagley inside and mid range is just fine for them. #24 isn't going to light the league on fire but they don't have a 1st.
_MidNight_
RealGM
And1: 7,269

Post#4 » by _MidNight_ » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:09 pm

No from Toronto.

Pascal + Suggs is worth more to us than Mobley or Green alone.
We don't want Harrison Barnes and D.J. Augustin.
Bowdystuda
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#5 » by Bowdystuda » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:19 pm

_MidNight_ wrote:No from Toronto.

Pascal + Suggs is worth more to us than Mobley or Green alone.
We don't want Harrison Barnes and D.J. Augustin.

Yup. Pretty much what I was going to say. Dont need DJ again with Flynn, and I see Barnes as overpaid and not what we need when we have OG. I actually dont see him as a plus asset with that contract.

So we give up Siakam, who was 2nd team ALL NBA
In 2020 to move up 2 spots in a draft AND take on Barnes contract?! That's a huge NO from me.
Bowdystuda
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#6 » by Bowdystuda » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:25 pm

NYG wrote:Houston Rockets get:
Marvin Bagley III
4th Overall Draft Pick
9th Overall Draft Pick

-Gives: D.J. Augustin and 2nd Overall Draft Pick

Sacramento Kings get:
Pascal Siakam

-Gives: Marvin Bagley III, Harrison Barnes and 9th Overall Draft Pick

Toronto Raptors get:
Harrison Barnes
D.J. Augustin
2nd Overall Draft Pick

-Gives: Pascal Siakam and 4th Overall Draft Pick

Rockets make up for some future lost assets without losing Porter Jr. or Wood. They still get into range to draft Jalen Suggs, take a flier on trying to fix Bagley III and add another top 10 pick in a really good draft class.

Kings add their win now veteran who is actually a solid fit with their core and should really improve the team.

Toronto adds a solid fit in Harrison Barnes to replace Siakam while adding Evan Mobley at center. The Raptors could technically still keep Lowry and try to compete next year.

Houston makes out like champs. No way in hell. So Houston gives up the 2nd overall and DJ (who holds almost no value) and they get back a FORMER 2nd overall pick, the 4th overall and the 9th overall in a deep draft?!

So they move down 2 spots and pick up Bagley and the 9th?! Not happening.
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#7 » by Troubadour » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:44 pm

That's an enormous price to pay to move up two spots. Raptors say no.
SNPA
Head Coach
And1: 7,142

Post#8 » by SNPA » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:59 pm

It’s not great value for Sac. I don’t think the Kings do Barnes/9 for Siakam.
SNPA
Head Coach

Post#9 » by SNPA » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:02 pm

Troubadour wrote:That's an enormous price to pay to move up two spots. Raptors say no.

Depends on how you value Green/Mobley. If you see one as a future core top one or two player on your team for decade then it makes sense, if you don’t see that value in Suggs.
Troubadour
RealGM

Post#10 » by Troubadour » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:04 pm

SNPA wrote:
Troubadour wrote:That's an enormous price to pay to move up two spots. Raptors say no.

Depends on how you value Green/Mobley. If you see one as a future core top one or two player on your team for decade then it makes sense, if you don’t see that value in Suggs.

I guess, but we have no indication that's how the Raptors feel or at least they don't feel THAT strongly about it. Many evaluators are split on who the second ranked prospect is and some have Suggs there.
Troubadour
RealGM

Post#11 » by Troubadour » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:05 pm

SNPA wrote:It’s not great value for Sac. I don’t think the Kings do Barnes/9 for Siakam.

Explains the 15 year playoff drought!
SNPA
Head Coach

Post#12 » by SNPA » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:17 pm

Troubadour wrote:
SNPA wrote:It’s not great value for Sac. I don’t think the Kings do Barnes/9 for Siakam.

Ehhh…depends on how you value the 9. Kings would try for Wood/Grant while keeping Barnes. Much better outcome.
Troubadour
RealGM

Post#13 » by Troubadour » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:23 pm

SNPA wrote:
Troubadour wrote:

Ehhh…depends on how you value the 9. Kings would try for Wood/Grant while keeping Barnes. Much better outcome.

Why would they Rockets trade Christian Wood for #9 when they already have multiple first round picks this year? I don't see Jerami Grant being available for that price, but fair enough.
SNPA
Head Coach

Post#14 » by SNPA » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:27 pm

Troubadour wrote:
SNPA wrote:
Troubadour wrote:

Why would they Rockets trade Christian Wood for #9 when they already have multiple first round picks this year? I don't see Jerami Grant being available for that price, but fair enough.

Lots of reasons.

Wood is on a two year deal.
They are rebuilding around 20 yr olds.
9 can be packaged.
Troubadour
RealGM

Post#15 » by Troubadour » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:31 pm

SNPA wrote:
Troubadour wrote:
SNPA wrote:Ehhh…depends on how you value the 9. Kings would try for Wood/Grant while keeping Barnes. Much better outcome.

Lots of reasons.

Wood is on a two year deal.
They are rebuilding around 20 yr olds.
9 can be packaged.

Christian Wood is 25. He's not getting ready for retirement or anything. His contract status is fine. 9 can be packaged for what? Another player of Wood's quality?

Return to Trades and Transactions