Lakers & Kings in discussion (Per Shams)

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Lakers & Kings in discussion (Per Shams) 

Post#1 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:44 pm

I've posted this trade like 100x, as many others have. Seems like it may come to pass.

Per Wiretap and Shams.

Lakers & Kings discussing Hield for Kuzma

So how to make the salaries work? And what kind of incentive is going?

Kuzma/Gasol/22 for Hield?

Does McKinnie work in place of Gasol? Does the proposal need both? Do the Kings need to send back #39? Discuss.

Side Note: Watching Buddy tear it up in LA, going to be a 45% 3pt shooter is going to feel so bitter sweet. Not a fan of the Lakers by any means, but I've been saying in the right situation hes going to kill it.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Re: Lakers & Kings in discussion (Per Shams) 

Post#2 » by nzahir » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:48 pm

I think it will be Trez ( likely opting in) and Kuzma. Maybe a 3 teamer?

But lets see

Hield is honestly overpaid for a guy who is mostly just a shooter who can create a bit off the dribble, but he has a lot of value to a team like us who is missing shooting
SNPA
Head Coach
And1: 7,143

Post#3 » by SNPA » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:00 pm

I’ve warmed up to this deal. The 22 has nice value in this draft.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#4 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:07 pm

nzahir wrote:I think it will be Trez ( likely opting in) and Kuzma. Maybe a 3 teamer?

But lets see

Hield is honestly overpaid for a guy who is mostly just a shooter who can create a bit off the dribble, but he has a lot of value to a team like us who is missing shooting

Trez would be interesting, but why opt in to play in Sacramento?

Now I think Charlotte could make sense as the 3rd team taking Harrell. There was some mutual interest last off-season. Curious what Harrell says if Lakers ask him to opt in to be sent to Charlotte.

Charlotte can take him for free in that scenario.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#5 » by ejftw » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:08 pm

Getting Hield is a no-brainer for the Lakers, but I don't see why the Kings would be interested in Kuzma when they already have Barnes to play the 4/3 role, despite the Luke Walton tie. I think the hold-up here is Sacramento wanting to find a third team to take Kuzma before pulling the trigger, which, they should irregardless.

nzahir wrote:I think it will be Trez ( likely opting in) and Kuzma. Maybe a 3 teamer?

But lets see

Why would Trez opt in to go to Sacramento? It'll probably be Kuzma/KCP/#22 for Hield + Metu (or James). Metu would actually be a good add for the Lakers as a third big as well.
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#6 » by Yenrallik1111 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:11 pm

But lets see

interesting idea, always kind of thought that Kuz should have been moved with the youngsters when they were moved for AD. Hield might be okay but I would likely not use an asset like Kuz to get him. rather make him part of a CP3 deal. better fit in PHX for him too. maybe get some front court depth back with CP3 as well. bring in melo to fill Kuz's role. on a side note I wonder if Drum resigns. LA might have quite the interesting summer. not an LA fan at all but seeing lebron, CP3, melo playing together would be cool. wade and bosh would be the cherry on top. maybe even get darko in there to ride the bench haha
5paceman
Pro Prospect
And1: 486

Post#7 » by 5paceman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:12 pm

ejftw wrote:Getting Hield is a no-brainer for the Lakers, but I don't see why the Kings would be interested in Kuzma when they already have Barnes to play the 4/3 role, despite the Luke Walton tie. I think the hold-up here is Sacramento wanting to find a third team to take Kuzma before pulling the trigger, which, they should irregardless.

But lets see

Why would Trez opt in to go to Sacramento? It'll probably be Kuzma/KCP/#22 for Hield + Metu (or James). Metu would actually be a good add for the Lakers as a third big as well.

No way they throw in Metu who they like and they don't want KCP back. I will remind you guys that Hield made the second most 3's this year behind Curry.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#8 » by City of Trees » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:22 pm

Buddy for Kuz/Harrell. Then Harrell opts out. Beautiful.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#9 » by loserX » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:24 pm

City of Trees wrote:Buddy for Kuz/Harrell. Then Harrell opts out. Beautiful.

Unfortunately under the latest CBA, Harrell can't be used for salary matching unless he opts in first. So, assuming he opts in (which we don't know yet), the Kings would either have to keep him or redirect him.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,792

Post#10 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:33 pm

Charlotte would take Trez for free right?
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#11 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:35 pm

Ya this isn't legal unfortunately. But finding a 3rd team for Trez shouldn't be that tough. Id want #22 though, happy to provide #39 if they want it in return.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#12 » by City of Trees » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:38 pm

loserX wrote:

Unfortunately under the latest CBA, Harrell can't be used for salary matching unless he opts in first. So, assuming he opts in (which we don't know yet), the Kings would either have to keep him or redirect him.
Thank you for the correction. Well that sucks the main attraction for me was saving money. They would need a third team to make happy
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,008

Post#13 » by shrink » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:39 pm

I’m not a fan of either Kuzma or Harrell, but I could see either player redirected towards MIN.

There was a soft rumor here saying Rosas inquired about Kuzma, and while Harrell has been exposed as a regular season player, maybe Rosas feels some regular season wins is enough to strengthen his job this year.

I don’t think either player has much trade value.
Pelon chingon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,138

Post#14 » by Pelon chingon » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:44 pm

I hope Sacramento redirects Kuzma and whoever to a 3rd team for draft capital. That's the only way it makes sense for me b/c Buddy still hits 3's at a high clip.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#15 » by Pythagoras » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:52 pm

City of Trees wrote:
loserX wrote:

Thank you for the correction. Well that sucks the main attraction for me was saving money. They would need a third team to make happy

I don’t think it would be hard to redirect Harrell to another team for free. Charlotte has been mentioned numerous times for example, as a potential destination. He’s a semi useful player on an incredibly reasonable deal.
Numbers rule the universe.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#16 » by BoogieTime » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:53 pm

ejftw wrote:Getting Hield is a no-brainer for the Lakers, but I don't see why the Kings would be interested in Kuzma when they already have Barnes to play the 4/3 role, despite the Luke Walton tie. I think the hold-up here is Sacramento wanting to find a third team to take Kuzma before pulling the trigger, which, they should irregardless.

But lets see

Salary wouldn't work for the Kings. This would add salary and the Kings need to parse it to re-sign Holmes

Not seeing the contracts here if Harrell can't be included
SNPA
Head Coach
And1: 7,143

Post#17 » by SNPA » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:53 pm

As long as Sac gets 22 it’s good. But they should not give up 39. Kuzma plus whatever filler.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#18 » by nzahir » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:56 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:

But lets see

Now I think Charlotte could make sense as the 3rd team taking Harrell. There was some mutual interest last off-season. Curious what Harrell says if Lakers ask him to opt in to be sent to Charlotte.

Maybe nobody else will pay that much for him this summer? Market is dry and 2 straight playoff failures

Maybe CHA wants Holmes and just try to sign him?

Or maybe they just take him for free here or small comp like a future 2nd to help out?
nzahir
RealGM

Post#19 » by nzahir » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:57 pm

shrink wrote:I’m not a fan of either Kuzma or Harrell, but I could see either player redirected towards MIN.

There was a soft rumor here saying Rosas inquired about Kuzma, and while Harrell has been exposed as a regular season player, maybe Rosas feels some regular season wins is enough to strengthen his job this year.

I don’t think either player has much trade value.

MIN could make some sense here too

I think Trez is more of a win now guy, at least in the reg season, vs Kuzma

But both may be decent fits

Kuzma played decent D at times

But what would Minny offer back?
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,360

Post#20 » by patman66 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:58 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:

But lets see

I don't think he will opt in to get traded on the opt in. he would opt in for a S+T for a new deal. The lakers or Kings would send the hornets a 2nd for the TPE

Return to Trades and Transactions