Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0

Moderators: loserX, Trader_Joe, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, HartfordWhalers

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 44,290
And1: 18,169
Joined: Apr 07, 2010
   

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#281 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Sep 9, 2021 11:03 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20


Hawks might be my favorite offseason. I can see how he can fit there as the new tony snell, and if not, who cares?!
MoneyTalks41890
RealGM
Posts: 21,372
And1: 11,275
Joined: Oct 13, 2009
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#282 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 11:28 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20


Hawks might be my favorite offseason. I can see how he can fit there as the new tony snell, and if not, who cares?!


I know you have a TLC thing but ignoring that minor move they did have a really really good offseason.
User avatar
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 68,940
And1: 65,042
Joined: May 19, 2012
Location: Purgatory
   

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#283 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Sep 9, 2021 11:31 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I know you have a TLC thing but ignoring that minor move they did have a really really good offseason.


Would you say the Hawks signed No Scrubs?
bondom34 wrote:This is stupid and you know this is stupid.
MoneyTalks41890
RealGM
Posts: 21,372
And1: 11,275
Joined: Oct 13, 2009
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#284 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 11:35 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I know you have a TLC thing but ignoring that minor move they did have a really really good offseason.


Would you say the Hawks signed No Scrubs?


Jail. Mods? Send your brethren to mod jail. He made a dad joke.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 14,281
And1: 6,178
Joined: Sep 26, 2006
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#285 » by pacers33granger » Thu Sep 9, 2021 11:41 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I know you have a TLC thing but ignoring that minor move they did have a really really good offseason.


Would you say the Hawks signed No Scrubs?


Jail. Mods? Send your brethren to mod jail. He made a dad joke.


Just be glad they didn't end up chasing Tremont Waters and Tacko Fall.
User avatar
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 68,940
And1: 65,042
Joined: May 19, 2012
Location: Purgatory
   

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#286 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Sep 9, 2021 11:45 pm

pacers33granger wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Would you say the Hawks signed No Scrubs?


Jail. Mods? Send your brethren to mod jail. He made a dad joke.


Just be glad they didn't end up chasing Tremont Waters and Tacko Fall.


I heard they made an offer on Robin "Left Eye" Lopez though. Then when he didn't sign they burned down Danuel House.
bondom34 wrote:This is stupid and you know this is stupid.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 44,290
And1: 18,169
Joined: Apr 07, 2010
   

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#287 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Sep 9, 2021 11:50 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20


Hawks might be my favorite offseason. I can see how he can fit there as the new tony snell, and if not, who cares?!


I know you have a TLC thing but ignoring that minor move they did have a really really good offseason.


First I have heard of a TLC thing; I wouldn’t be surprised if he was cut. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if he soaked up 10 mpg as a swing body for a team he fits well.

I was very serious, I think Atlanta keeps winning on all their moves, even the small bench fliers that on average don’t work. Just a great set of offseason moves IMO.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 44,290
And1: 18,169
Joined: Apr 07, 2010
   

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#288 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Sep 9, 2021 11:51 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Jail. Mods? Send your brethren to mod jail. He made a dad joke.


Just be glad they didn't end up chasing Tremont Waters and Tacko Fall.


I heard they made an offer on Robin "Left Eye" Lopez though. Then when he didn't sign they burned down Danuel House.


Okay this is when you know you are a certain age.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 43,840
And1: 24,121
Joined: Jun 29, 2006
       

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#289 » by loserX » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:03 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I know you have a TLC thing but ignoring that minor move they did have a really really good offseason.


Would you say the Hawks signed No Scrubs?


Jail. Mods? Send your brethren to mod jail. He made a dad joke.


You think dad jokes get held against mods? Is this your first day here? :D I wouldn't have made it through two polls if that were the case.
User avatar
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 68,940
And1: 65,042
Joined: May 19, 2012
Location: Purgatory
   

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#290 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:10 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
Just be glad they didn't end up chasing Tremont Waters and Tacko Fall.


I heard they made an offer on Robin "Left Eye" Lopez though. Then when he didn't sign they burned down Danuel House.


Okay this is when you know you are a certain age.



Yeah I'm guessing a lot of posters here have no idea about old Andre Rison's house, but I knew someone old like me would get it, :lol:
bondom34 wrote:This is stupid and you know this is stupid.
User avatar
giannis and 1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,563
And1: 736
Joined: Jan 06, 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC
       

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#291 » by giannis and 1 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:11 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
Just be glad they didn't end up chasing Tremont Waters and Tacko Fall.


I heard they made an offer on Robin "Left Eye" Lopez though. Then when he didn't sign they burned down Danuel House.


Okay this is when you know you are a certain age.

Fwiw I thought it was clever and I’m 26.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
User avatar
giannis and 1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,563
And1: 736
Joined: Jan 06, 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC
       

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#292 » by giannis and 1 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:14 am

Is there any consolidation trade that the Bucks could make at some point in the season with 2-3 of the following: DDV, Allen, Connaughton. Like a 2 for 1, 3 for 2, or maybe even a 3 for 1. We can also add 2nd round picks as well.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
Godaddycurse
Head Coach
Posts: 6,276
And1: 3,162
Joined: Nov 13, 2019
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#293 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:30 am

giannis and 1 wrote:Is there any consolidation trade that the Bucks could make at some point in the season with 2-3 of the following: DDV, Allen, Connaughton. Like a 2 for 1, 3 for 2, or maybe even a 3 for 1. We can also add 2nd round picks as well.


what position are you trying to consolidate for
User avatar
JimmyPlopper
Veteran
Posts: 2,606
And1: 3,429
Joined: Sep 25, 2020
Location: wood between the worlds
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#294 » by JimmyPlopper » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:34 am

With the news of Jahlil Okafor being waived by the Nets (who were over the roster limit), I thought about whether there were any teams out there that might be able to utilize a third string big. Looking over rosters, the Blazers seemed like a potential fit.

Damian Lillard / Anfernee Simons /
C.J. McCollum / Tony Snell / Ben McLemore
Norman Powell / Nassir Little / CJ Elleby
Robert Covington / Larry Nance / Greg Brown
Jusuf Nurkic / Cody Zeller /

While Zeller gives them good athleticism as the backup, maybe Okafor could provide a little bit of scoring from the center position like Kanter did in a much more limited role. I like Jahlil and would like to see him stick somewhere.
so i made a deal with myself. this is the year i make my mark.
User avatar
giannis and 1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,563
And1: 736
Joined: Jan 06, 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC
       

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#295 » by giannis and 1 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:01 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:Is there any consolidation trade that the Bucks could make at some point in the season with 2-3 of the following: DDV, Allen, Connaughton. Like a 2 for 1, 3 for 2, or maybe even a 3 for 1. We can also add 2nd round picks as well.


what position are you trying to consolidate for

A wing. Preferably one that can really shoot. Or a PG that would allow us to move Jrue to SG.

But really, I would consider anything other than a pure center. Our roster is really flexible.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
BlazersBroncos
Head Coach
Posts: 6,148
And1: 4,673
Joined: Oct 27, 2016

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#296 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:02 am

JimmyPlopper wrote:With the news of Jahlil Okafor being waived by the Nets (who were over the roster limit), I thought about whether there were any teams out there that might be able to utilize a third string big. Looking over rosters, the Blazers seemed like a potential fit.

Damian Lillard / Anfernee Simons /
C.J. McCollum / Tony Snell / Ben McLemore
Norman Powell / Nassir Little / CJ Elleby
Robert Covington / Larry Nance / Greg Brown
Jusuf Nurkic / Cody Zeller /

While Zeller gives them good athleticism as the backup, maybe Okafor could provide a little bit of scoring from the center position like Kanter did in a much more limited role. I like Jahlil and would like to see him stick somewhere.


We signed Chriss who I much prefer as C3 than Jalil.
MoneyTalks41890
RealGM
Posts: 21,372
And1: 11,275
Joined: Oct 13, 2009
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#297 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:11 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
User avatar
moonpie
General Manager
Posts: 8,698
And1: 2,496
Joined: Dec 14, 2010
     

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#298 » by moonpie » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:36 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
gambitx777
Head Coach
Posts: 6,469
And1: 893
Joined: Dec 18, 2012

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#299 » by gambitx777 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:09 am

Marc gasol got traded lol not a shock after DeAndre got there.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 68,940
And1: 65,042
Joined: May 19, 2012
Location: Purgatory
   

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#300 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:45 am

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter



I kinda hate how tight that is. Because they should still be looking for a major move and they should also not be starting the repeater clock on such a bad team. I realize Prince and Bev fall off but they are also a key matching piece to a Simmons or other major move.

But I guess Layman and Okogie can be dumped cheaply enough if need be.
bondom34 wrote:This is stupid and you know this is stupid.

Return to Trades and Transactions