Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0

Moderators: loserX, Trader_Joe, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, HartfordWhalers

MoneyTalks41890
RealGM
Posts: 21,372
And1: 11,275
Joined: Oct 13, 2009
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#301 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:04 am

They should be able to move Okogie pretty easily. Layman with a 2nd or 2. Prince and Bev possibly with incentive.
wolves_89
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,414
And1: 2,508
Joined: Jul 10, 2012
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#302 » by wolves_89 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:54 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter



I kinda hate how tight that is. Because they should still be looking for a major move and they should also not be starting the repeater clock on such a bad team. I realize Prince and Bev fall off but they are also a key matching piece to a Simmons or other major move.

But I guess Layman and Okogie can be dumped cheaply enough if need be.


I think the Wolves would be willing to go over the tax line in the event of a Simmons trade, other than that I fully expect them to roll with the team they have and supplement with 10 day contracts if needed. Last year they made no moves for the whole season even with a number of crippling injuries (and suspensions), so I expect to see the same again this year.
User avatar
eminence
RealGM
Posts: 10,061
And1: 6,309
Joined: Mar 07, 2015
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#303 » by eminence » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:44 pm

What are folks favorite versions of Wiggins+young asset (Wiseman/Kuminga or Moody) for 1-2 players who are cheaper but still solidly playable to lessen the Warriors tax burden?
'17-'18 APBR Win Projections Champion (1st of 20)
'18-'19 5th of 18
'19-'20 2nd of 17
User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 21,712
And1: 21,968
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#304 » by zimpy27 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:32 pm

eminence wrote:What are folks favorite versions of Wiggins+young asset (Wiseman/Kuminga or Moody) for 1-2 players who are cheaper but still solidly playable to lessen the Warriors tax burden?


Melton+Anderson+Tillman for Wiggins+Wiseman

Anderson+Tillman take over Wiggins+Wiseman roles. Melton is an addition that GSW needs for bench leader. Also a guy who could start in place of Curry or Klay if they are out.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
User avatar
K_chile22
RealGM
Posts: 11,833
And1: 5,430
Joined: Jul 15, 2015
   

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#305 » by K_chile22 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:01 am

Random, small, unconfirmed detail:

Rockets are apparently bringing Exum back, he was with the team for their team workout/vacation in the Bahamas and an Australian reporter said he plans to re-sign. They're currently at 20 so someone's gotta go. Will be interested to see if they use his bird rights to give him a balloon deal to use as a human TPE, or if it's just a camp/min deal
Godaddycurse
Head Coach
Posts: 6,276
And1: 3,162
Joined: Nov 13, 2019
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#306 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:20 am

eminence wrote:What are folks favorite versions of Wiggins+young asset (Wiseman/Kuminga or Moody) for 1-2 players who are cheaper but still solidly playable to lessen the Warriors tax burden?


Favors + Williams (and dort?) for Wiggins + ?young asset(s). I think i'll make a poll/thread to see how much young assets is needed
Godaddycurse
Head Coach
Posts: 6,276
And1: 3,162
Joined: Nov 13, 2019
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#307 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:29 am

zimpy27 wrote:
eminence wrote:What are folks favorite versions of Wiggins+young asset (Wiseman/Kuminga or Moody) for 1-2 players who are cheaper but still solidly playable to lessen the Warriors tax burden?


Melton+Anderson+Tillman for Wiggins+Wiseman

Anderson+Tillman take over Wiggins+Wiseman roles. Melton is an addition that GSW needs for bench leader. Also a guy who could start in place of Curry or Klay if they are out.


how is this legal salary wise? they need to send out another 12-13M.
User avatar
eminence
RealGM
Posts: 10,061
And1: 6,309
Joined: Mar 07, 2015
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#308 » by eminence » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:36 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
eminence wrote:What are folks favorite versions of Wiggins+young asset (Wiseman/Kuminga or Moody) for 1-2 players who are cheaper but still solidly playable to lessen the Warriors tax burden?


Favors + Williams (and dort?) for Wiggins + ?young asset(s). I think i'll make a poll/thread to see how much young assets is needed


Holy savings batman.

I hadn't thought to set my hopes that high, something like Wiggins+Wiseman for Favors/Williams/Dort would save the team like 150M just this seasion.
'17-'18 APBR Win Projections Champion (1st of 20)
'18-'19 5th of 18
'19-'20 2nd of 17
Godaddycurse
Head Coach
Posts: 6,276
And1: 3,162
Joined: Nov 13, 2019
 

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#309 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:38 am

eminence wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
eminence wrote:What are folks favorite versions of Wiggins+young asset (Wiseman/Kuminga or Moody) for 1-2 players who are cheaper but still solidly playable to lessen the Warriors tax burden?


Favors + Williams (and dort?) for Wiggins + ?young asset(s). I think i'll make a poll/thread to see how much young assets is needed


Holy savings batman.

I hadn't thought to set my hopes that high, something like Wiggins+Wiseman for Favors/Williams/Dort would save the team like 150M just this seasion.


OKC i think has just enough capspace to pull this off too.
User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 21,712
And1: 21,968
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#310 » by zimpy27 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:20 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
eminence wrote:What are folks favorite versions of Wiggins+young asset (Wiseman/Kuminga or Moody) for 1-2 players who are cheaper but still solidly playable to lessen the Warriors tax burden?


Melton+Anderson+Tillman for Wiggins+Wiseman

Anderson+Tillman take over Wiggins+Wiseman roles. Melton is an addition that GSW needs for bench leader. Also a guy who could start in place of Curry or Klay if they are out.


how is this legal salary wise? they need to send out another 12-13M.


Maybe add an Adams for Looney swap?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 39,886
And1: 8,941
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
   

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#311 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:55 pm

Read on Twitter
kalenclayton
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,037
And1: 1,361
Joined: Feb 13, 2014
   

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#312 » by kalenclayton » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 22,239
And1: 8,500
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#313 » by babyjax13 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:36 pm

The Love/Osman for Wall based trade just makes so much sense now. Cleveland doesn't want to play Love, but he does not want to be bought out ---> send him to Houston where he's either a bit cheaper for them sitting on the bench than Wall. Wall and Houston want to part ways, but presumably he also isn't going to be bought out ---->send him to Cleveland where he is an upgrade as a third guard over Rubio. Could even be rolled into a Simmons trade.

Non-Simmons
Houston trades: John Wall, Danuel House
Cleveland trades: Kevin Love, Cedi Osman, Ricky Rubio
[not my idea] Rubio is even a nice fit for Houston. Cleveland runs with a three-guard rotation:
Garland 34/Wall 14
Sexton 32/Wall 12/Okoro 4 (assume Okoro is mostly at SF if they get Wall)

Simmons:
Houston trades: John Wall, Danuel House [48.2]
Houston receives: Kevin Love, Cedi Osman, Ricky Rubio [57.1]
Houston moves off of Wall, and gets back a point guard who makes some sense for them.

Cleveland trades: Kevin Love, Cedi Osman, Rick Rubio | Collin Sexton, Dylan Windler, 2022 CLE 1st (1-10, 1-8, 1-6, 1-4, unprotected) [$67 million]
Cleveland receives: John Wall, Ben Simmons [$77 million]
Cleveland massively upgrades their rotation, builds a defensive juggernaut who should very easily challenge for the play-in, if not a lower seed, while still having a ton of upside with a core of Garland/Okoro/Simmons/Mobley. If Okoro and Mobley develop as average three point shooters and they can add one elite shooter besides Garland, I think they are set.

Philadelphia trades: Ben Simmons [$35]
Philadelphia receives: Collin Sexton, Derrick White, Thad Young, Danuel House [$39.5]
Philadelphia trades Simmons for a really nice back-court that balances defense and scoring + two forwards who will fit well in their rotation.

San Antonio trades: Derrick White, Thad Young [$29.6], cash
San Antonio receives: 2022 CLE 1st (1-10, 1-8, 1-6, 1-4, unprotected), Dylan Windler [$2.3]
San Antonio moves their best player, but does it for what is likely a late-lotto pick or mid first + a TON of cap space they can sell for other assets (they'd have about $15 million in cap space after this).
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Devilanche
Analyst
Posts: 3,477
And1: 419
Joined: Dec 22, 2010

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#314 » by Devilanche » Yesterday 12:53 am

Am I the only one who view sixers not giving Bassey the second year guaranteed contract as more of a sick move to Simmons rather than sixers actually deciding that the minimum contract matters at all?

More of a like “the team come first no matter what”
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 10,162
And1: 6,832
Joined: Dec 13, 2013
Contact:
   

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#315 » by Mamba4Goat » Yesterday 1:07 am

Devilanche wrote:Am I the only one who view sixers not giving Bassey the second year guaranteed contract as more of a sick move to Simmons rather than sixers actually deciding that the minimum contract matters at all?

More of a like “the team come first no matter what”

I get what you’re saying but I don’t think that’s it. They have a lot of end of bench youngsters like Paul Reed, Isaiah Joe, Jaden Springer, and their two ways. Having too many end of bench spots dedicated to young projects can be a hindrance to team building. That+the lux tax makes giving extra guaranteed years a tough sell.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
User avatar
K_chile22
RealGM
Posts: 11,833
And1: 5,430
Joined: Jul 15, 2015
   

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#316 » by K_chile22 » Yesterday 1:44 am

Devilanche wrote:Am I the only one who view sixers not giving Bassey the second year guaranteed contract as more of a sick move to Simmons rather than sixers actually deciding that the minimum contract matters at all?

More of a like “the team come first no matter what”
He just took the QO. They were probably trying to get him to sign a really team friendly deal and he balked
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 66,049
And1: 49,787
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#317 » by bondom34 » Yesterday 3:02 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
User avatar
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 68,940
And1: 65,039
Joined: May 19, 2012
Location: Purgatory
   

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#318 » by Texas Chuck » Yesterday 3:52 am

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21


Not sure if more than a camp deal? Pretty meh, but he's worth as much of a flier as Terry or Gilmore so if he beats one of them out, alright.
bondom34 wrote:This is stupid and you know this is stupid.
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 39,886
And1: 8,941
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
   

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#319 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Yesterday 3:57 am

babyjax13 wrote:The Love/Osman for Wall based trade just makes so much sense now. Cleveland doesn't want to play Love, but he does not want to be bought out ---> send him to Houston where he's either a bit cheaper for them sitting on the bench than Wall. Wall and Houston want to part ways, but presumably he also isn't going to be bought out ---->send him to Cleveland where he is an upgrade as a third guard over Rubio. Could even be rolled into a Simmons trade.

Non-Simmons
Houston trades: John Wall, Danuel House
Cleveland trades: Kevin Love, Cedi Osman, Ricky Rubio
[not my idea] Rubio is even a nice fit for Houston. Cleveland runs with a three-guard rotation:
Garland 34/Wall 14
Sexton 32/Wall 12/Okoro 4 (assume Okoro is mostly at SF if they get Wall)

Simmons:
Houston trades: John Wall, Danuel House [48.2]
Houston receives: Kevin Love, Cedi Osman, Ricky Rubio [57.1]
Houston moves off of Wall, and gets back a point guard who makes some sense for them.

Cleveland trades: Kevin Love, Cedi Osman, Rick Rubio | Collin Sexton, Dylan Windler, 2022 CLE 1st (1-10, 1-8, 1-6, 1-4, unprotected) [$67 million]
Cleveland receives: John Wall, Ben Simmons [$77 million]
Cleveland massively upgrades their rotation, builds a defensive juggernaut who should very easily challenge for the play-in, if not a lower seed, while still having a ton of upside with a core of Garland/Okoro/Simmons/Mobley. If Okoro and Mobley develop as average three point shooters and they can add one elite shooter besides Garland, I think they are set.

Philadelphia trades: Ben Simmons [$35]
Philadelphia receives: Collin Sexton, Derrick White, Thad Young, Danuel House [$39.5]
Philadelphia trades Simmons for a really nice back-court that balances defense and scoring + two forwards who will fit well in their rotation.

San Antonio trades: Derrick White, Thad Young [$29.6], cash
San Antonio receives: 2022 CLE 1st (1-10, 1-8, 1-6, 1-4, unprotected), Dylan Windler [$2.3]
San Antonio moves their best player, but does it for what is likely a late-lotto pick or mid first + a TON of cap space they can sell for other assets (they'd have about $15 million in cap space after this).

I don't see CLE as a viable Simmons destination since the whole issue with him is he needs to be somewhere where there isn't a packed paint. What is he supposed to do sharing the court with Allen and Mobley? And John Wall is the point guard? Yiiiikes
Devilanche
Analyst
Posts: 3,477
And1: 419
Joined: Dec 22, 2010

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#320 » by Devilanche » Yesterday 4:56 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Devilanche wrote:Am I the only one who view sixers not giving Bassey the second year guaranteed contract as more of a sick move to Simmons rather than sixers actually deciding that the minimum contract matters at all?

More of a like “the team come first no matter what”

I get what you’re saying but I don’t think that’s it. They have a lot of end of bench youngsters like Paul Reed, Isaiah Joe, Jaden Springer, and their two ways. Having too many end of bench spots dedicated to young projects can be a hindrance to team building. That+the lux tax makes giving extra guaranteed years a tough sell.



I get the flip side of it as well but usually for this small a salary , there isn’t this much room for negotiation . If he was worth drafting he’s probably worth the second year . If not can always move him elsewhere to a rebuild team for cash.

Return to Trades and Transactions