Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 4.0 

Post#81 » by zimpy27 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:25 am

gambitx777 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
What a weird list for the Cavs, I have no idea what they are doing if that's true, most of those are just stupid targets for a team that isn't going anywhere right now. Bogdanovic, Ingles, and Thad in particular, since they are all 32+

They need a decent SFs. Their team is:
PG: Garland | Rubio
SG: Okoro | Sexton
SF:
PF: Mobley | Love
C: Allen | Nance

They can shift Okoro to SF but that makes them small and provides poor guard defense.
They have Cedi and Windler at SF, they are ok as a backup but they really need a starting level SF for now and/or the future.
If they could get cam and a guy like Ross or Joe that be pretty mint

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app

They need an SF that is happy to take a burden of shots. I like Warren or Brooks for Cavs.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,857

Post#82 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:27 pm

Will Houston move Christian Wood?
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#83 » by gambitx777 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:14 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:Will Houston move Christian Wood?
Where though now that the dust has settled ?

jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,483

Post#84 » by jayjaysee » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:35 pm

gambitx777 wrote:

The dust isn’t settled in Dallas at all… But Dallas still offering a stack of meh assets so moving on.

Charlotte has Plumlee and prospects/picks. Just don’t know what Wood is worth. Is it two firsts? Is it PJ and a first?

If Toronto isn’t trading Pascal, they should offer Dragic+Precious+1-2 firsts for Wood and DJ.

Can’t see the Spurs trading distant firsts for Wood, but they could offer up Vassell and something with Aminu. But Houston probably looks to flip Vassell somewhere else.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,857

Post#85 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:09 pm

gambitx777 wrote:

I am sure boston would make an offer.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#86 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Lamb will likely start the season as a Pacer but be traded elsewhere as soon as he can (hopefully) prove he’s healthy. Report mentions Charlotte and Lakers as two of the 4+ teams interested. Doesn’t specify if trade would happen in camp/preseason, or if it would require regular season games.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,292

Post#87 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:47 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
If Toronto isn’t trading Pascal, they should offer Dragic+Precious+1-2 firsts for Wood and DJ.

Not happening. Masai loves Precious and i doubt Wood moves the needle for us one way or another. With/without him we are still a playin or lower level playoff seed team imo.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#88 » by HornetJail » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:47 pm

no complaints at all if we bring back Jeremy. Don't know where he fits though
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#89 » by Resistance » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:54 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Lamb will likely start the season as a Pacer but be traded elsewhere as soon as he can (hopefully) prove he’s healthy. Report mentions Charlotte and Lakers as two of the 4+ teams interested. Doesn’t specify if trade would happen in camp/preseason, or if it would require regular season games.

Is DJ Augustine a complete No for the Pacers?

Lamb to Portland
DJ Augustin to Pacers
DJJ + ? to Houston

Pacers reduce salary and get backup PG
Portland improves from DJJ
Houston gets some compensation for taking DJJ
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#90 » by K_chile22 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:49 pm

Resistance wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Lamb to Portland
DJ Augustin to Pacers
DJJ + ? to Houston

I'm down for that, probably without incentive, but Portland probably has to throw something small in for the upgrade. Indy gets a third PG and space under the tax
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Post#91 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:56 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
Resistance wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Lamb to Portland
DJ Augustin to Pacers
DJJ + ? to Houston

I'm down for that, probably without incentive, but Portland probably has to throw something small in for the upgrade. Indy gets a third PG and space under the tax

Ignoring Lamb's 3 point shooting just last year which looks pretty outlier to me, is Lamb an upgrade at all? Given Portland's ropster construction, I would stick with DJJ and hope his athleticism brings more on defense than Lamb';s extra shooting would.

For a team like Philly, I would take Lamb twice as they are currently constructed over DJJ; I just don't see it with Portland's roster.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:56 pm

Resistance wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Lamb to Portland
DJ Augustin to Pacers
DJJ + ? to Houston

Augustin would likely be fine. For the most part, any other expiring on a smaller contract would be fine. 3rd PG is ideal. The only one that would be iffy is Rondo, but maybe still worth the swap if he’s take a vet minimum buyout. Or even if we just waive him straight up?

But yeah. The Augustin’s, Dunn’s, or similar of the world are fine. We might prefer the roster spot, but beggars and choosers and whatnot.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#93 » by Resistance » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:22 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Resistance wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Lamb to Portland
DJ Augustin to Pacers
DJJ + ? to Houston

Augustin would likely be fine. For the most part, any other expiring on a smaller contract would be fine. 3rd PG is ideal. The only one that would be iffy is Rondo, but maybe still worth the swap if he’s take a vet minimum buyout. Or even if we just waive him straight up?

But yeah. The Augustin’s, Dunn’s, or similar of the world are fine. We might prefer the roster spot, but beggars and choosers and whatnot.

In another thread, you mentioned

Dunn to Pacers
Lamb ++ to Third Team
Nothing Back to Boston

I thought about it some more and came up with concerns about finding a third team for Lamb and some Guards (Edwards & Langford) on the Boston roster not being able to be counted on. I think that Boston has a 3/4 (Hauser) on a two way contract, so they might be looking for a Guard to put on a two way contract to both prep for a trade of Dunn and give some emergency depth because of question marks about Edwards & Langford.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#94 » by Topofthekey » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:29 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Resistance wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Lamb to Portland
DJ Augustin to Pacers
DJJ + ? to Houston

Pacers are probably just waiting for the first team to bite

Honestly, Pacers are in a decent situation with Lamb. Teams know that Pacers are motivated to move him, meaning they probably think, rightly, that Lamb can be had for almost next to nothing

The only concern would be his health, so as long as one team is convinced that his health isn't an issue, he's going to be moved

There might even be a mini bidding war for him

He's expiring, he's fairly paid, and he's a useful player off the bench. Lots of teams would be happy to take him, if the Pacers are willing to move him for free (they probably are)

As long as he's healthy, and Pacers are willing to practically give him away, he will be moved
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#95 » by zimpy27 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:25 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Lakers don't have any salary to match him in a trade. Buyout is the only way they get him.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:36 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Lakers don't have any salary to match him in a trade. Buyout is the only way they get him.

Probably would be part of a bigger deal, but either THT or Nunn + minimum work salary matching wise.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#97 » by zimpy27 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:49 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Probably would be part of a bigger deal, but either THT or Nunn + minimum work salary matching wise.

Yeah, they also have LeBron, AD and Westbrook to trade. They aren't going to trade any of the guys they just signed or AD+LeBron. Westbrook would be the only chance if the experiment fails.

Point is, I don't think Lakers would get Lamb and so likely Charlotte are the ones interested.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:30 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Yeah, they also have LeBron, AD and Westbrook to trade. They aren't going to trade any of the guys they just signed or AD+LeBron. Westbrook would be the only chance if the experiment fails.

Point is, I don't think Lakers would get Lamb and so likely Charlotte are the ones interested.

Are you saying that you think that Nunn and THT are as key and locked in as Westbrook?
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#99 » by shangrila » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:45 pm

What’s the deal with Lamb? If he’s healthy, what’s he like as a player?

I wouldn’t hate the Wolves doing something like Okogie+Layman for him if he’s a decent player (and healthy).
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#100 » by zimpy27 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:48 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Are you saying that you think that Nunn and THT are as key and locked in as Westbrook?

I think THT is and Nunn has a default NTC I believe.

Regardless, Westbrook might be moved if the fit doesn't work. I find it more likely than Nunn being moved / agreeing to leave and Lakers moving THT, who was chosen over Caruso and Lowry.

Return to Trades and Transactions