Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,828

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#181 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:09 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Terrible idea with Orlando starring as Windy's maybe imaginary mystery bidder:

Orlando trades: Isaac, Ross, 22 1st(top 1 then unp)
Orlando gets: Simmons

Philly trades: Simmons
Philly gets: Ingram

Pels trade: Ingram
Pels get: Isaac. Ross 22 ORL 1st

Pels realize Zion/BI doesn't really work and so gambles on Isaac but with the insurance of a likely high lotto pick from the Magic. Ross needed wing/shooting depth around Zion as well.

Philly sacrifices a bit of value but gets back a guy from the same draft class who won't ever be shy about shooting

Orlando takes the maybe of Isaac and one 1st and turns it into the definite of Simmons. Simmons/Suggs now gives them a real core to build upon for the first time since Howard.

i think philly gets cut out here and orlando takes ingram for themselves

yeah maybe. But as I am one of few who still thinks Simmons is better than BI I have them taking the superior player/value with Philly taking a bit of a loss because the situation appears to be untenable and BI is a pretty good salvage.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,787

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#182 » by Snakebites » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:11 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Terrible idea with Orlando starring as Windy's maybe imaginary mystery bidder:

Orlando trades: Isaac, Ross, 22 1st(top 1 then unp)
Orlando gets: Simmons

Philly trades: Simmons
Philly gets: Ingram

Pels trade: Ingram
Pels get: Isaac. Ross 22 ORL 1st

Pels realize Zion/BI doesn't really work and so gambles on Isaac but with the insurance of a likely high lotto pick from the Magic. Ross needed wing/shooting depth around Zion as well.

Philly sacrifices a bit of value but gets back a guy from the same draft class who won't ever be shy about shooting

Orlando takes the maybe of Isaac and one 1st and turns it into the definite of Simmons. Simmons/Suggs now gives them a real core to build upon for the first time since Howard.

Maybe I'm totally off base, but I don't have Simmons' value as this high.
Texas Chuck

Post#183 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:16 pm

Snakebites wrote:

Based on the number of hate PM's I have received for defending Simmons value itt, I'd say in terms of RealGM I am the one who is offbase. :wink: If a deal happens, we will see if I am right that he's still going to return a valuable package or if the majority is right and they settle for a marginal perimeter player and maybe a protected pick.

But I still think there are teams who aren't at a place where they are worrying about how Simmons might perform in the 4th Q of a 2nd round series nearly so much as they are worried about being a competitive team.

I'm prepared to eat crow and everyone who wants to serve it up to me can and I'll say thank you may I have another if I am wrong.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,244

Post#184 » by SNPA » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:38 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:Philadelphia trades: Simmons, Joe, Reed, Milton
Philadelphia receives: Wall, Bolmaro (into TPE?, MINN 2022/2024/2026 1sts, MINN 2023/2025 swap, SAC 2022 top 8 protected 1st, SAC 2024 lotto protected (x3 years) 1st

Houston trades: Wall, Wood
Houston receives: Thompson, Beverley, Prince, Joe, Reed

Sacramento trades: Thompson, SAC 2022 top 8 protected (becomes 2 seconds) 1st, SAC 2024 lotto protected (x3 years) 1st
Sacramento receives: Wood

Minnesota trades: Prince, Beverley, Bolmaro, 2022/2024/2026 1sts, 2023/2025 swap
Minnesota receives: Simmons, Milton

Why for Philly: get a stopgap PG (use as expiring next year), prospect, 5 picks and 2 swaps for simmons. Load up on ammo for next available star
Why for Houston: use wood to dump wall for expirings
Why for Sacramento: playoff push
Why for Minny: fulfill simmons dream

Why would Sac pay two firsts for Wood to carry the water for Minny to get Simmons. Going over one first is an over pay for Wood and Sac can do that on their own.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,787

Post#185 » by Snakebites » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:42 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

Based on the number of hate PM's I have received for defending Simmons value itt, I'd say in terms of RealGM I am the one who is offbase. :wink: If a deal happens, we will see if I am right that he's still going to return a valuable package or if the majority is right and they settle for a marginal perimeter player and maybe a protected pick.

But I still think there are teams who aren't at a place where they are worrying about how Simmons might perform in the 4th Q of a 2nd round series nearly so much as they are worried about being a competitive team.

I'm prepared to eat crow and everyone who wants to serve it up to me can and I'll say thank you may I have another if I am wrong.

I think you’re probably close in terms of how the Sixers FO values him, but I feel like his contract itself presents enough of a risk given his limitations that no team is likely to give up that much.

There’s a reason a trade hasn’t happened and why the Sixers are positioning themselves to try to keep him- and i don’t personally think it is because they wouldn’t want to move him.

You call Simmons a sure thing in contrast to the “maybes” presented by Isaac and the first. I’m not sure Simmons is viewed that way right now given the holes on his game and his apparent psychological concerns- and unlike most non-sure things, he’s not paid like a “maybe” either, he’s paid like a superstar.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#186 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:45 pm

Snakebites wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

I think you’re probably close in terms of how the Sixers FO values him, but I feel like his contract itself presents enough of a risk given his limitations that no team is likely to give up that much.

There’s a reason a trade hasn’t happened and why the Sixers are positioning themselves to try to keep him- and i don’t personally think it is because they wouldn’t want to move him.

You call Simmons a sure thing in contrast to the “maybes” presented by Isaac and the first. I’m not sure Simmons is viewed that way right now given the holes on his game and his apparent psychological concerns- and unlike most non-sure things, he’s not paid like a “maybe” either, he’s paid like a superstar.

Not to mention that there's a pretty big gulf between some of the "bad" offers and Brandon Ingram, a similarly young player who's a bit worse currently but has been regularly improving for years and shows significantly more upside going forward. Maybe... gasp.... Simmons value is somewhere in between those two huge variances. Fallacy of false dilemmas and all.
Texas Chuck

Post#187 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:49 pm

Snakebites wrote:You call Simmons a sure thing in contrast to the “maybes” presented by Isaac and the first. I’m not sure Simmons is viewed that way right now given the holes on his game and his apparent psychological concerns- and unlike most non-sure things, he’s not paid like a “maybe” either, he’s paid like a superstar.

I do call Simmons a sure thing in comparison with JI. I think if JI ever approaches Ben Simmons value as a player, flaws and all the Magic would be estastic.

But yeah I still think Simmons is a really good basketball player and that the Sixers issue is less about him having fatal flaws and more about instead of Harris/Horford they should have invested in a guard who can create their own shots. I think had those moves been different we would all have a different impression of Simmons. But because they don't have that player, he ends up being really the only ball-handler/playmaker by default which magnifies his weaknesses.

It's like on a much smaller scale Harry Barnes spending 2 years on a Dallas team with no talent and being forced into a 1st option role when he's really like a 4th, maybe 3rd option guy. He did it because the team needed him to, but it went about as expected. And now so many posters talk about Barnes like he's still just a failed 1st option, when the reality is he's gone right back to slotting into a more correct role for the Kings and had been pretty consistently effective in it.

For me the issue is not Simmons' game or lack of shooting/scoring aggression nearly so much as its a roster construction issue forcing him into a role bigger than it should be. I can see him in a Draymond Green like role where he's never asked to shoot/score(though Simmons would more than Green), but remains a valuable offensive player with his ability to pass at his size. And of course we know what kind of defensive force he is.

So yeah that's part of why I've not written him off.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,296

Post#188 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:04 pm

SNPA wrote:
Philadelphia receives: Wall, Bolmaro (into TPE?, MINN 2022/2024/2026 1sts, MINN 2023/2025 swap, SAC 2022 top 8 protected 1st, SAC 2024 lotto protected (x3 years) 1st

Sacramento trades: Thompson, SAC 2022 top 8 protected (becomes 2 seconds) 1st, SAC 2024 lotto protected (x3 years) 1st

Minnesota trades: Prince, Beverley, Bolmaro, 2022/2024/2026 1sts, 2023/2025 swap

Why for Philly: get a stopgap PG (use as expiring next year), prospect, 5 picks and 2 swaps for simmons. Load up on ammo for next available star

Why would Sac pay two firsts for Wood to carry the water for Minny to get Simmons. Going over one first is an over pay for Wood and Sac can do that on their own.

i got this idea from another kings/rockets thread about value of wood (started by you i think). I think the best offer in that thread by kings fans was Bagley + lightly protected 1st and a 2023 swap.

Bagley > thompson
top 4 protected 2022 1st > 2022 top 8 protected 1st that becomes 2 seconds if not conveyed

so i balanced the value w/ a future lotto protected 1st instead of a 2023 swap
Pelon chingon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,168

Post#189 » by Pelon chingon » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:23 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
SNPA wrote:

i got this idea from another kings/rockets thread about value of wood (started by you i think). I think the best offer in that thread by kings fans was Bagley + lightly protected 1st and a 2023 swap.

Bagley > thompson
top 4 protected 2022 1st > 2022 top 8 protected 1st that becomes 2 seconds if not conveyed

so i balanced the value w/ a future lotto protected 1st instead of a 2023 swap

As a Kings fan I'm only comfortable with ONE lightly protected pick for wood. 2 picks is essentially mortgaging our future in Hopes that Wood is good enough to be one of the final pieces to round off the roster and I don't think he is.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,496

Post#190 » by Wolveswin » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:25 pm

I think Hayward is a good target for Morey. He is a known name and he saves face for getting a vet who is ready to win-now. But he can’t be the only asset received.

To Cavs: Simmons + Maxey (or 76ers Filler) + Hornets Filler

To Hornets: Osman + Rubio

To 76ers: Hayward + Sexton + Cavs Draft Capital

Hornets could get some draft capital too. Rubio would be a great mentor to Ball.

Cavs get Simmons.

76ers get a vet SF and a young PG.
Embiid
Harris
Hayward
Green or Thybulle | Curry
Sexton | Curry
Texas Chuck

Post#191 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:41 pm

Cannot see Charlotte willing to just punt on Hayward for negative value yet. Maybe if this season goes poorly they just want off the future obligation at the deadline, but can't see that remotely interesting to them right now.
Helsbyte
Senior
And1: 337

Post#192 » by Helsbyte » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:58 pm

Crossova21 wrote:Indiana trades: Brogdon, Warren, Sabonis, Holiday, Pacers 1st
Indiana receives: Simmons, Reed, Mitchell, Barnes, Sacramento 1st

Philly trades: Simmons, Reed
Philly receives: Brogdon, Warren, Pacers 1st

Sacramento trades: Mitchell, Barnes, Sacramento 1st
Sacramento receives: Sabonis, Holiday

Why for Indiana: trade two solid but injury-prone players to build an ELITE defense, although I'm not sure who will score the ball
Why for Philly: move on from Simmons, and adds two starters that can play with Embiid
Why for Sactown: Free up some space in backcourt, and add a legit all-star to to the front court

I understand the Pacers are gutting their team, but I'd LOVE to see them shut teams down every night.

Mitchell/McConnell
Levert/Duarte
Simmons/Lamb
Barnes/Brissett
Turner/Bitadze

On a serious note, I could see this with a Fox for Sabonis swap. As a Pacers fan, I'd hate to part with Sabonis and would much rather trade Turner.

I don't think Indy needs to be giving up a 1st if they are giving up Sabonis. Simmons MIGHT be the best player in this deal but Sabonis is by far the most valuable piece. I would substitute Holiday for Lamb and remove Indy's 1st and for Philly substitute Reed for Maxey or Thybulle. Send Sac's 1st to Philly instead. Mitchell, Barnes and a 1st seems about right for Sabonis. I still don't think Indy will do this.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,298

Post#193 » by babyjax13 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:37 pm

I like the idea of Isaac for Simmons, hadn't really thought about it until the suggestion above. Orlando also has some nice stretchy players at every position (or at least hypothetically) so it'd actually be interesting to see them take Simmons for themselves.

Orlando trades: Jonathan Isaac, Gary Harris, Chuma Okeke, 2023 CHI 1st (1-4, 1-3, 2 2nds)
Philadelphia trades: Ben Simmons, Isaiah Joe, Paul Reed
Orlando gets a second young star to go with Suggs. Philadelphia grabs another young star with his own question marks (injuries) along with some role players to fill out the rotation.

Orlando's roster still would need balancing to add a bit more shooting (e.g. move Fultz), and Philadelphia may want to flip Harris and the first for a point guard (or maybe just a Harris + cash + 2nds for Dragic swap), but I think it's interesting directionally for both teams.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#194 » by babyjax13 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:40 pm

Wolveswin wrote:I think Hayward is a good target for Morey. He is a known name and he saves face for getting a vet who is ready to win-now. But he can’t be the only asset received.

Hornets could get some draft capital too. Rubio would be a great mentor to Ball.

Cavs get Simmons.

Embiid
Harris
Hayward
Sexton | Curry

If you are Charlotte I fell like you just cut Cleveland out. You have a young stretch 5 in Kai Jones and everyone else in the starting 5 can shoot, so why not just grab another star? Hayward + Washington + picks. Charlotte gets another star, Philadelphia gets a 3rd tier sstar, young depth, and a draft capital. Jordan might be a good influence for Simmons, too.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#195 » by babyjax13 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:50 pm

Philadelphia trades: Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris
Philadelphia receives: Gordon Hayward, CJ McCollum, PJ Washington, 2022 CHA 1st (1-14, 1-8, unprotected)
Starting 5: McCollum/Curry/Hayward/Washington/Embiid
Balance the starting lineup and move Simmons for an all-star caliber player.

Portland trades: CJ McCollum
Portland receives: Tobias Harris, 2022 NOP 1st (1-14, 2 2nd)
Starting 5: Lillard/Powell/Covington/Harris/Nurkic
Get a bit better defensively and try changing up the lineup.

Charlotte trades: Gordon Hayward, PJ Washington, 2022 NOP 1st (1-14, 2 2nd), 2022 CHA 1st (1-14, 1-8, unprotected)
Charlotte receives: Ben Simmons
Starting 5: Ball/Rozier/Bridges/Simmons/Jones
Get another star, end up with a starting lineup with four guys who can spread the court + Simmons.

JColl
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#196 » by Wolveswin » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:20 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:I think Hayward is a good target for Morey. He is a known name and he saves face for getting a vet who is ready to win-now. But he can’t be the only asset received.

Cavs get Simmons.

Embiid
Harris
Hayward
Sexton | Curry

If you are Charlotte I fell like you just cut Cleveland out. You have a young stretch 5 in Kai Jones and everyone else in the starting 5 can shoot, so why not just grab another star? Hayward + Washington + picks. Charlotte gets another star, Philadelphia gets a 3rd tier sstar, young depth, and a draft capital. Jordan might be a good influence for Simmons, too.

Do you really think Ball and Simmons work together? I am not so sure. And every decision Hornets make need to have Ball #1 in their decision making tree.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Post#197 » by zimpy27 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:26 pm

Philly give Simmons, Curry, Milton
Philly get Murray, Sexton, Love, CLE222FRP(1-30)

Murray, Sexton, Green, Harris, Embiid -- Maxey, Thybulle, Korkmaz, Reed, Love

Cavs give Sexton, Love, CLE222FRP(1-30)
Cavs get Poeltl, Vassell, Aminu

Garland, Okoro, Vassell, Mobley, Allen -- Rubio, Windler, Cedi, Markannen, Poeltl

Spurs give Murray, Poeltl, Vassell, Aminu
Spurs get Simmons, Curry, Milton

Curry, While, Keldon, Simmons, Collins -- Lonnie, Primo, McDermott, Thad, Landale

I think Love suits Philly. He could play with Embiid or Reed or Niang. He'd also be a walking trade filler for Morey to play with.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#198 » by babyjax13 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:03 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

Cavs get Simmons.

Embiid
Harris
Hayward
Sexton | Curry

Do you really think Ball and Simmons work together? I am not so sure. And every decision Hornets make need to have Ball #1 in their decision making tree.

I think they can. Simmons and Ball would probably run a ton of PnRs and Simmons' strength, speed, and fluidity would benefit him there. He'd also be deadly in the short roll hitting cutters and open players for threes. When Ball sits, Simmons becomes the primary ball handler with Rozier playing off-ball. If Bouknight pops and can become a 20ppg scorer down the road, I think that's a really fun core with a fairly high ceiling.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#199 » by babyjax13 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:04 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Philly give Simmons, Curry, Milton
Philly get Murray, Sexton, Love, CLE222FRP(1-30)

Murray, Sexton, Green, Harris, Embiid -- Maxey, Thybulle, Korkmaz, Reed, Love

Cavs give Sexton, Love, CLE222FRP(1-30)
Cavs get Poeltl, Vassell, Aminu

Garland, Okoro, Vassell, Mobley, Allen -- Rubio, Windler, Cedi, Markannen, Poeltl

Spurs give Murray, Poeltl, Vassell, Aminu
Spurs get Simmons, Curry, Milton

Curry, While, Keldon, Simmons, Collins -- Lonnie, Primo, McDermott, Thad, Landale

I think Love suits Philly. He could play with Embiid or Reed or Niang. He'd also be a walking trade filler for Morey to play with.

Philly cannot afford to pay Sexton and Love with Embiid + Tobias. And let's be honest, Love does not fit anywhere - he's done.

JColl
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#200 » by Wolveswin » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:09 pm

To Clippers: Simmons + Joe Harris + Philly 1st (or two)

To Nets: George + Kennard + Thybulle

To 76ers: Irving + Nets Filler

Clippers who don’t have Kawhi all year, showcase Simmons in lead role (away from Embiid shadow). He would have a whole year in LA to recoup his image and value. Then Clippers decide to see how he fits with Kawhi next year OR used the buy low, sell high Simmons to get a star Kawhi wants (looking at you Dame).

Nets really balance out roster and I think get better on paper. Would KD be ok with trading his friend?
LMA/Committee
KD | George
George | Thybulle
Kennard or Thybulle
Harden

76ers get their big name guard to run with Embiid.

Return to Trades and Transactions